SOME of our fans should shoulder the blame if we go down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conners View Post
    The amount of anti-redknapp hysteria on here in recent weeks is laughable.

Redknapp took over a complete mess from Hughes. Attitudes were poor etc and the team was not playing as one. Despite efforts to turn it around, the challenge turned out to be too much for Harry.

Last season, we got promoted at the first attempt. Not many teams achieve that and Redknapp deserves a lot more respect than he has been given. The job would have been arguably completed a lot sooner if we did not lose Austin for a prolonged period.

This season has been difficult, but what did we expect. We are in a lot of debt, we are trying to run the club sensibly and we are a small club. We were always going to be in the bottom third of the league this season and that is where we are. The season is not over and we are a point adrift of safety. Yes, some of the purchases have not worked out, but it is difficult to transform a team from Championship standard to Preimership and Leicester and Burnley have struggled also

Some of our fans are very unrealistic and may I suggest, spoilt. We have no right to remain in this league but when I look at clubs like Palace, their fans don't give up when times get hard. They get behind their team.

In short, cut the "redknapp out" rubbish. We will survive if the fans get behind the players for the rest of the season. There will be a fine line between who stays up and who goes down. The quality of fans support could well be the deciding factor.
    The fans to blame are those that continue to support Redknapp when it is obvious he isn't the man to take us forward and indeed wasn't last year. Despite the biggest budget in the Championship we were lucky to get promoted, we are not fit enough and our tactics are laughable. As a poster above said the palace fans turned against Warnock and that made the Chairman sit up and think resulting in a change of manager and two wins in a row, something we haven't done all season.

Fact is whilst people continue to support Redknapp, Fernandes will keep him in the job and we will continue to struggle. Unfortunately nice bloke that he is Fernandes has no idea about football, likes publicity and those two things combined make Redknapp his ideal manager. Only pressure will force a change and there hasn't been enough of that although even Redknapps beloved media is beginning to turn on him.

Comment

Originally posted by qprdel View Post
      How dare you knock us fans.
      Yes we may moan on the internet, but we still turn up in as good a numbers as ever home and away.

When you consider the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool fans have turned on their team and manager because the poor darlings are not in the top 5.

I think on the whole we have been more than patient as we showed on Sat,even chanting the managers name.
      Villa fans have turned too,

Harry has had 2 years and we are no better off, yes we got promoted, but i feel this was in spite of Harry, not because of him.

But you,and the press all fall for his lies and excuses.

Oh and by the way, those marvellous super Palace fans did turn on Warnock.
      I must say Ted, that is one of your better posts. Even I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Thats not Ted mate, thats Del
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I hope Harry don't read this MB, this will give him an idea for another excuse.

Can just see him now after Stoke hammer us ' No one works harder than me all week but the fans need to have a long hard look at themselves'.

Laughable thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            Think ted had a similar name before and Brighton has lost it

Comment

Thanks for that Brighton,might have to change my user name now

Comment

It's been differcult. All the more so for having a shocking manager. A record breaker no less ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Blimey, so it is. That would explain it then.

Comment

Thanks for that Brighton,might have to change my user name now
                    Don't even know where to begin apologising for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Promoted in spite of the manager is ha ha though.
                      You don't think so? I agree with del to be honest. Look at that side we had in the Championship, and we stumble up.

Having the likes of Niko, Austin, Barton, Green, Ekotto, Jenas, Hoilett & Phillips in the Championship, we should have pi$$ed that league. He farked up his squad balance by not bringing any strikers in the summer before the season started, when we all knew full knew we needed 1 as we only had AJ & Zamora as cover for Charlie, and when Austin went and got injured with a few days of the window open he acted like it was a surprise we didn't have any other strikers capable of more than 20 minutes without an injury.

Don't get me wrong, it's all academic now & we went up & had a blinding day out in the process, but I think any half decent manager with them resources at their disposal would have achieved promotion far more convincingly.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Don't even know where to begin apologising for that one.
                        Thats alright Facto

Comment

How dare you knock us fans.
                          Yes we may moan on the internet, but we still turn up in as good a numbers as ever home and away.

When you consider the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool fans have turned on their team and manager because the poor darlings are not in the top 5.

I think on the whole we have been more than patient as we showed on Sat,even chanting the managers name.
                          Villa fans have turned too,

Harry has had 2 years and we are no better off, yes we got promoted, but i feel this was in spite of Harry, not because of him.

But you,and the press all fall for his lies and excuses.

Oh and by the way, those marvellous super Palace fans did turn on Warnock.
                          Well said.

Comment

I still stick by HR was manager of the QPR side on probably the single best one off moment of my QPR supporting days since 1971 ! Yes we have had by far better teams but when Bobby scored what a roar truly unbelievable and one we must not forget ! Yes this away record is very very poor but don't forget that day and Harry was Manager whatever we think !

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              I still stick by HR was manager of the QPR side on probably the single best one off moment of my QPR supporting days since 1971 ! Yes we have had by far better teams but when Bobby scored what a roar truly unbelievable and one we must not forget ! Yes this away record is very very poor but don't forget that day and Harry was Manager whatever we think !
                              Just had to watch the youtube clip again, got meself a bed time semi on now.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                You don't think so? I agree with del to be honest. Look at that side we had in the Championship, and we stumble up.

Having the likes of Niko, Austin, Barton, Green, Ekotto, Jenas, Hoilett & Phillips in the Championship, we should have pi$$ed that league. He farked up his squad balance by not bringing any strikers in the summer before the season started, when we all knew full knew we needed 1 as we only had AJ & Zamora as cover for Charlie, and when Austin went and got injured with a few days of the window open he acted like it was a surprise we didn't have any other strikers capable of more than 20 minutes without an injury.

Don't get me wrong, it's all academic now & we went up & had a blinding day out in the process, but I think any half decent manager with them resources at their disposal would have achieved promotion far more convincingly.
                                I honestly do think he done superbly well getting us up no matter how much he spent. Look at the table again this season, dont matter who you are or how much you spend, thats a different kind of league and uber hard to get out of. Hardly any go straight back up like harold redcrapp achieved anymore. (ive got no memory cos of all the yayo, but how are the other two clubs who went down with us getting on?)

Comment

Working...
                                X