Vargas let's have a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    To the people saying he is playing out of position, he has said in numerous interviews he feels most comfortable on the wing where he can move about the pitch and create opportunities. He doesn't have the confidence in front of goal at the moment to be a striker as highlighted by that chance yesterday. I still think he is a brilliant player and we need to sign him if we stay up along with Isla, but I would like him to develop confidence when moving in field from the wing. Also 77, he has 2 assists and a goal for us but I agree that the point still stands that he needs to be more direct with his decision making.
    Fairly certain in his interview on the official couple weeks back he said playing on the wing is totally new to him since joining us but he has quite liked it ?
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Fairly certain in his interview on the official couple weeks back he said playing on the wing is totally new to him since joining us but he has quite liked it ?
      Don't think that is actually the case, he has played there for Gremio and Valencia
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

MattyRangers is spot on. He is orginally an out and out - striker.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Doesnt he play on the wing for Chile??

Either way I prefer him out on the wing. Much more effective and involved than when up front IMO.
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Question for those saying no about him , who would you play instead ?
            I think the question is why not give the lad ago in his rightful position where he has made his name up top we might even get more out of him

There is no doubt he works his nuts off but so did Mackie to little effect at this level. For me Phillips plays on the right and gets 5 or 6 games on the trot to find his form. Imagine an all firing Phillips putting balls in he box like he used to and Austin and Vargas in the box waiting to get in the end of it

I think Vargas up top will score but hes not been given a chance simply because Harry wants a big man up there. Keeps moaning we need a striker to partner Austin well hes in the squad already he just to blind to see what's in front of his nose

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Doesnt he play on the wing for Chile??

Either way I prefer him out on the wing. Much more effective and involved than when up front IMO.
              When have we seen him up top mate to give him a fair judgement

Comment

I like him. Skillful and high tempo. We need to get more Chileans in. Vargas, Isla, Sanchez at Arsenal, they all work there balls off. Not like the plodders we usually have. Would love to have the Marseille manager Marcelo Bielsa (also Chilean) as well. He was manager at Athletic Bilbao, always plays a high tempo pressing and attacking game.
                I'm not Chilean by the way.

Comment

Hate to say it but another one just not good enough for the premiership. Only by a tiny margin, but to me he really isnt. But we have got about four or five players worse who llay regularly who are not good enough either. Isla is a different story, could play for nearly any prem team.

Comment

So no answer to Mattys question then regarding who'd be better?

Comment

Zarate or Adel?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Zarate or Adel?
                        On the right wing?

Comment

Vargas is a centre forward. He's almost always played in that position. I'm not sure why Redknapp thinks he's a winger. One of his strengths is getting behind the two centre-backs. He's wasted on the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                            On the right wing?
                            No change up the formation a bit. Its not working as it is. Even the home form is pish poor as well now.

Comment

The whole team including Vargas have been underperforming recently.
                              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                No change up the formation a bit. Its not working as it is. Even the home form is pish poor as well now.
                                I agree. All very disappointing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X