Vargas let's have a discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Plainly works hard puts a shift in but Liverpool game aside what has he actually offered to the team.

Gets himself in some great great positions but there is no final product. When we broke 3 on 1 why he never leathered the ball at goal instead choosing to give it to Bobby i could not fathom

For me the guy is a striker playing on the wing to accommodate bobby in the team. Give him a run out up top or he needs some time on the bench

Time for some tough decisions
    Very frustrating player......always seems to hit a defender with a cross or shot....not a wideman

Comment

No end product. One goal no assist. Wasted on he right. Think the jury's out on him.

Comment

A lot of you seem to be forgetting he is playing out of position. He should be up front. But despite that i think hes done well. Couldve killed him when he didnt take that shot yesterday though.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

To the people saying he is playing out of position, he has said in numerous interviews he feels most comfortable on the wing where he can move about the pitch and create opportunities. He doesn't have the confidence in front of goal at the moment to be a striker as highlighted by that chance yesterday. I still think he is a brilliant player and we need to sign him if we stay up along with Isla, but I would like him to develop confidence when moving in field from the wing. Also 77, he has 2 assists and a goal for us but I agree that the point still stands that he needs to be more direct with his decision making.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Would have loved to see him playing together with Charlie Austin.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Not a wide player, puts in a stint but playing out of position but making errors because of that.

Which in turn is draining his confidence.

Bozo's hurling abuse at him in first five minutes doesn't help

Lad needs a goal

Comment

As said, you can't fault his effort but just doesn't seem to have much of a clue in the final third. From what I've seen of his crossing it's generally poor which, for a supposed winger, should be his bread and butter.

His fumbling around on the ball when we had a 3 on 1 break was embarrassing. He should have passed it much, much earlier and just seemed to be caught in 3 minds. I'm not Taarabt's biggest fan (in fact I will argue with anyone who says he is Premiership class) but, had it have been him on the ball, I'm 99% sure he'd have at least had a crack. I'm 99.9% sure said shot would have been a scuffed shot along the floor.

I'd still play Vargas for the time being but he really needs to step it up.

Comment

Quality player comfortable on the ball and played out of position. I often feel that he is explosive in small bursts but due to the fact we are so crap that is often on the half way line instead of in the final third. He plays up top for Chile and scores for fun admittedly he has much better players supplying him. He is probably more comfortable on the wing because him and Isla know each other very well so they help each other out. Our best periods of play generally come when Isla and Vargas combine and overlap. Unfortunately the way we play is not really conducive to him playing up front with Charlie. You could see yesterday with that run where he should have done better that he is lacking confidence because he should have shot instead of looking for the pass but running the length of the pitch will lead to that.

Comment

I always thought Vargas was a striker/CAM type. Never heard of him playing at RM until he got here. Harry tends to just plug players wherever he feels like for the week and 'ave a go. Maybe Clint will get some time in net once Yun gets fit.

Comment

Quality player. Needs to be more decisive in the final third which is frustrating but he brings a lot to the side. Got fire in his belly and never gives up, busts his nuts to win the ball back if he loses it. Creates a lot too - starter every week for me.

Question for those saying no about him , who would you play instead ?
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by amir View Post
                        Quality player comfortable on the ball and played out of position. I often feel that he is explosive in small bursts but due to the fact we are so crap that is often on the half way line instead of in the final third. He plays up top for Chile and scores for fun admittedly he has much better players supplying him. He is probably more comfortable on the wing because him and Isla know each other very well so they help each other out. Our best periods of play generally come when Isla and Vargas combine and overlap. Unfortunately the way we play is not really conducive to him playing up front with Charlie. You could see yesterday with that run where he should have done better that he is lacking confidence because he should have shot instead of looking for the pass but running the length of the pitch will lead to that.
                        We need players like Adel starting, I think it would bring the best of of him. At least try it and see?

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Can't wait for this one.

Comment

He has to be able to form relationships with other players than Isla now.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Can't wait for this one.
                              If he's fit he has to play.

Anyway, if Sando comes in next game then he should play alongside Henry and drop Joey.

I bet we get something from the game. We did better when Sandro was playing and Joey was out, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Spot on Matty, he plays there because we have no one else we can play there.

Personally I like him, links up well with Isla and grafts for team.

Comment

Working...
                                X