No wonder TF isn't spending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    The owners can't win, as a club we can't attract players unless we pay silly wages.

We need to forget ex star players and start to bring players from lower leagues, hoping that we can make a few million if we can sell on. It sounds easy but even good players in the championship now cost silly money.
    Which is why I'm against signing the likes of Rio and Defoe.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      Rio was a bad call, I thought he might have worked out like Dunne did, I don't think Defoe is the answer unless on loan. To be fair to HR, the core of the squad is quite young.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Rio was a bad call, I thought he might have worked out like Dunne did, I don't think Defoe is the answer unless on loan. To be fair to HR, the core of the squad is quite young.
        I'm not sure we've seen the end of Rio , while Dunne and Caulker can both have decent games at the same time they are still a poor partnership neither offer any leadership it could be if Rio gets the chance he will offer some vocal leadership

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          I'm not sure we've seen the end of Rio , while Dunne and Caulker can both have decent games at the same time they are still a poor partnership neither offer any leadership it could be if Rio gets the chance he will offer some vocal leadership
          If he going to stay until the end of the season then I hope we get something from him, we just need to get our recruitment of players nailed on!
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            In hindsight you were right Rich.

It's been a momentus balls up signing saggy lip.

Comment

Yep thats how I see it cali!.... would be a massive mistake giving Defoe a long contract on silly money. Has to be a loan dill if anything!! Like you said credit where due on Harrys part, despite what people think of him he has brought a very decent core of players here and they are all young-
              McCarthy
              Isla
              Caulker
              Yun
              Vargas
              Fer
              Austin
              (Certain the Chileans will sign if we stay up and Im still confident we will)

BUT he has to go as he dosent know how to manage them and Burnley was a very good example!!!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Hi Brighton, sorry to pick this up so late in the day but relegation will have a big impact on the wedge side of things and that seems a likely prospect. So to deal with points you made

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

QPR will never REALLY owe that money. It hasn't got it, so cannot ever be asked to repay it. .
                Another word for that state of affairs is insolvency.......

TF, Mittal and others INVESTED their money. Of course they will lose it. .
                The club will owe the money so strictly speaking the liability will lie with the QPR PLC / LTD or whatever we call ourselves these days. It is the club that will be deemed bankrupt if it all goes titzup. Sure, individual board members have invested, but they and their other businesses will not be liable in the event of a meltdown.

As for the bank deal, that was a good thing, not a dark day. It started a relationship with an organisation we may wish to borrow from to help us fund other things, should they come to fruition.
                Banks are not charitable institutions. That deal sent out all the wrong signals. TF may be a darling but as I said ages and ages ago, nothing can prepare you for the experience of football club ownership at the sharp end. Not even running an airline.

You rightly say that HR is now a liability but TF should have recognised that a long time ago - decent, realistic managers have been available since the depth of Harry's incompetence became clear. If we go down, the financial side of things is going to become a really serious issue, even if we escape sanction.

The focus has to switch to development under a young management team. That rebuild should have started when Harry failed to keep us up first time around. TF chose to retain him. Going up again only masked the chaos.
                Last edited by hal9thou; 18-01-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I can't believe that TF is the only one for HR to stay?
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

I can't believe that TF is the only one for HR to stay?
                    As somebody said in another post Amit and the Redknapps are good friends. Amit is always posting photos on twitter with him and the Redknapps.

Comment

Maybe Jamie Will take the over,lol.
                      Last edited by californiahoop; 18-01-2015, 11:34 PM.
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Maybe Jamie Will take the ver
                        well he ticks the young manager box!!

Comment

The thing is, we have become a laughing stock both on and off the pitch.
                          Last edited by californiahoop; 19-01-2015, 12:08 AM.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Obscene amount of debt for a club our size, indeed any size.

Knew it was bad, just sickening to see it laid out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                              Hi Brighton, sorry to pick this up so late in the day but relegation will have a big impact on the wedge side of things and that seems a likely prospect. So to deal with points you made

Another word for that state of affairs is insolvency.......

The club will owe the money so strictly speaking the liability will lie with the QPR PLC / LTD or whatever we call ourselves these days. It is the club that will be deemed bankrupt if it all goes titzup. Sure, individual board members have invested, but they and their other businesses will not be liable in the event of a meltdown.

Banks are not charitable institutions. That deal sent out all the wrong signals. TF may be a darling but as I said ages and ages ago, nothing can prepare you for the experience of football club ownership at the sharp end. Not even running an airline.

You rightly say that HR is now a liability but TF should have recognised that a long time ago - decent, realistic managers have been available since the depth of Harry's incompetence became clear. If we go down, the financial side of things is going to become a really serious issue, even if we escape sanction.

The focus has to switch to development under a young management team. That rebuild should have started when Harry failed to keep us up first time around. TF chose to retain him. Going up again only masked the chaos.
                              Whilst I maintain my stance on the financial side of things, I cannot disagree that TF has largely brought this unpleasant situation upon himself, due to a large amount of naiveity.

There are most definitely some rather alarming grass roots problems that forever seem to be overlooked in favour of a potentially quick and seemingly very expensive fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X