No announcement yet.

Charlie turned down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie will sign after christmas, when we are sitting in 10th/12 place, and he has scored a dozen or more.

Comment

Success has the other way of the coin. No one chased our players before this season because we did not have quality. Now that we have Austin scoring regularly in the Premier, I am sure that bigger clubs are taking notice.

Comment

Charlie is a pure predator in the box always in the right spot, we must pull out all the stops to keep him
        You Rsssssss

Comment

best to keep your options open until the end of the season if you are a player in form like him.

Comment

As a post above has said.....Charlie Austin will be playing Premier League football next season.........will QPR FC?

Comment

From his point of view the pot of gold is closer, an England call up then his time here will come to an end sooner than later.

Comment

If rumour has it correct he's turn down a contract of £65k a week does he really think he's that good?

Comment

Well, he is our best player.. So why not want a decent wage. Wasn't he a bricklayer 5 years ago??? Not surprised he is after a quick buck. Think he has adapted brilliantly, looking to get a shout for england. Best of luck to him. Let's not kid ourselves, if he gets an england call he will be off.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I don't know how people look at these pony websites about football rumours, but just read that liverpool are after charlie, which is probably a load off kack
                    You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                      I don't know how people look at these pony websites about football rumours, but just read that liverpool are after charlie, which is probably a load off kack
                      And Tottenham apparently, but how true these are? Just hope he stays for few more years

Comment

He looked out of his depth when he was up top on his own and he didnt get any service. Cisse was the same, and he just gave up. Charlie continued to run his ###### off. We are now starting to play to his strengths and as a pure finisher, he is top class. Hope he stays and we can find a long term partner for him in Jan. Defoe is more of a direct replacement, both would need a target man to play off.

Comment

I think the point someone made earlier was the most valid. Charlie is now a prem player and atm its very hard to guarantee him prem football from a QPR point of view.
                          We are still very much in the mix when it comes to relegation fodder even if I do myself think we will be ok. There is no rush at the moment for him to sign but if come march,april and we look a decent shout to stay up I would fully expect him to commit as I genuinely believe if we stay up this year next year we will be a safe mid table team and imo that's charlies level.

Comment

I'm confused. Didn't he sign a three year contract in August 2013, which means he should be here until August 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              I'm confused. Didn't he sign a three year contract in August 2013, which means he should be here until August 2016.
                              Quite correct, but if he refuses to sign a new contract and we won't sell now, when his contract is up we won't get a penny.

If he's still with us at the end of the season and we're still in the prem and he still won't sign a new contract, other clubs will only have to wait for his contract to run down to get him on a free.

This is the situation Burnley are in with Ings, his contract is up at the end of this season and he won't re-new it. If they want to make anything off him they'll have to sell for maybe £3m in January, or he'll go for nothing in June.

Comment

He doesn't strike me as the type of player just after money, I'm confident he will sign on if we stay up.

Comment

Working...
                                X