Fernandes undeterred by Car Giant opposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    Oh I thought we were discussing Star Wars robotos, I love them.
    I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
      I wonder why?

And technically he was right, they were doomed at that point.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
        And technically he was right, they were doomed at that point.
        Sir, the possibility of navigating to Premier league safety is 3,400 to 1!

Comment

Master Luke

Young
          I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

Cargiant say new stadium on their OOC land not a viable option

QPR could build a new stadium in a different part of west London, according to Cargiant’s managing director Tony Mendes.

Mendes, a season ticket-holder at Loftus Road, says his company are currently working on relocating to a new site but are pushing ahead with their own plans to redevelop on the 47 acres that they own at Old Oak Common.

Full article...http://www.london24.com/sport/footba...tion_1_3944074

Comment

Interesting .....

“I think QPR want to build a stadium for free. They want to build residential units around the stadium to pay for it. Here, we are 10 minutes away from Westfield, we have 170 acres of prime parkland and 1.2 kilometres of canal. There will be three or four stations of all different lines.It will be a busy environment and a stadium would kill it to a certain extent. More than anything it is just not viable to do it. The cost of infastruture will only double. If it was [viable], we would build a stadium. Why wouldn’t you? We estimate that, if a stadium was built, there would be 3,500 fewer residential units built. There will also be fewer jobs because the majority of staff don’t work in a stadium unless it is matchday.”

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...tion_1_3944074

Personally i am hoping Car Giant get it and turn it into a residential area..more housing, more jobs, no stadium. Keep rangers at Loftus Rd.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Interesting .....

“I think QPR want to build a stadium for free. They want to build residential units around the stadium to pay for it. Here, we are 10 minutes away from Westfield, we have 170 acres of prime parkland and 1.2 kilometres of canal. There will be three or four stations of all different lines.It will be a busy environment and a stadium would kill it to a certain extent. More than anything it is just not viable to do it. The cost of infastruture will only double. If it was [viable], we would build a stadium. Why wouldn’t you? We estimate that, if a stadium was built, there would be 3,500 fewer residential units built. There will also be fewer jobs because the majority of staff don’t work in a stadium unless it is matchday.”

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...tion_1_3944074

Personally i am hoping Car Giant get it and turn it into a residential area..more housing, more jobs, no stadium. Keep rangers at Loftus Rd.
                Shouldn't you be down at the bridge

Comment

Car Giant have been forced to relocate because of the plans for the site. The scheme has serious political support, which includes a new stadium.

As for his comments on Man City, the stadium was built for the commonwealth games. He says there wasn't much in the area before. There's not a lot around OOC.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                    Car Giant have been forced to relocate because of the plans for the site. The scheme has serious political support, which includes a new stadium.

As for his comments on Man City, the stadium was built for the commonwealth games. He says there wasn't much in the area before. There's not a lot around OOC.
                    Probably new political party this year and hopefully new mayor next year. Lots can change and alliances can shift in the years to come. Reckon they will eventually go with a development without a stadium as it makes more sense both politically and financially

Comment

A loss of 3500 residents wouldn't generate the income that a stadium would . Be built to house the non working somalians, cargiant clutching at straws
                      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        A loss of 3500 residents wouldn't generate the income that a stadium would . Be built to house the non working somalians, cargiant clutching at straws
                        Might have a point there Van

Comment

Might have a point there Van
                          True though v ,Mr and Mrs Smith and kids have no chance.

Comment

Be built to house the non working somalians, cargiant clutching at straws
                            Haha make you right there Van

Comment

True though v ,Mr and Mrs Smith and kids have no chance.
                              Isnt it 10% of new housing estates are made available for social housing? Some proper nice new housing estates round near where i live and that rule has caused a few neighbourhood meeting i can assure you :-)

Comment

Isnt it 10% of new housing estates are made available for social housing? Some proper nice new housing estates round near where i live and that rule has caused a few neighbourhood meeting i can assure you :-)
                                Not surprised v. I sometimes do sub contracts for the council, real eye opener mate.New kitchens and bathrooms with a flash mobility motor on the horseshoe drive.vultures of the human race

Comment

Working...
                                X