Commentator's do they see a differant game to anyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commentator's do they see a differant game to anyone else

Shearer Pierce Tony Gale, saying definitely a pen they if it was the other way round I bet they would say a soft one, not a good word to say about rangers, they are just a load of overpaid ######s, Joe public know more than they do.

Yes Hazard is a diver but tbh this one was penalty. Leave emotions away Macca. Let's take the positives from the game and move forward to Man City game:

* This was the first time we played with confidence away this season.

* There was a good balance bewteen defending and attacking.

* We played according to the capabilities of the players.

* Sandro is fantastic holding midfielder who will play major part this season If we can keep him fit.

* Austin is now on the list of top PL scorers.

I am sure there are more positives others can identify.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

There's no way that penalty would've been given at the other end if Terry made that tackle, the ref was a typical prem ref favouring the big clubs I think Vargas was just stronger than Hazard and typical foreigner they go down.

Comment

It was a soft penalty but in todays nandy pandy football scene the big club gets them where as the small club looks at the ref to see his hands outstretched shouting play on. If Refs are giving penalties for that then they have to give 5 or 6 penalties a match from corners as there are challenges and holding just as robust as what Vargas done which are ignored

Refs need pulling to one side and told start reffing and enforcing the laws of the game if that means 6 pens a game and three reds so be it until they take control back

Comment

I thought the contact was slightly behind the man, not fully side on, where it doesn't matter if you touch the ball. But in a challenge from behind, your leg has to be seen to contact the ball, and it didn't.

Comment

Some say it was a pen yep fair enough , but would they say it would be given at stoke Liecester Burnley QPR WBA or many other grounds I'm not sure it would

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Some say it was a pen yep fair enough , but would they say it would be given at stoke Liecester Burnley QPR WBA or many other grounds I'm not sure it would
              Not it wouldn't unfortunately.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

That was a big 4 home pen.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  That was a big 4 home pen.
                  Exactly!!
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Course they see a different game, they see it without bias and we dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                      Yes Hazard is a diver but tbh this one was penalty. Leave emotions away Macca. Let's take the positives from the game and move forward to Man City game:

* This was the first time we played with confidence away this season.

* There was a good balance bewteen defending and attacking.

* We played according to the capabilities of the players.

* Sandro is fantastic holding midfielder who will play major part this season If we can keep him fit.

* Austin is now on the list of top PL scorers.

I am sure there are more positives others can identify.
                      Exactly mate. We gave away a pen - soft or not - Vargas should never have been then challenging like that, especially when Isla was covering. Put it down to a mistake and move on. And like Yousef says, take the positives. I really don't see the point of moaning about the pen. We played really well, looked threatening on the break, this is more like it Rangers, take the positives lads and move on!

Other positives: Green yet again played a blinder - that one game out really seems to have galvanised him. Harry choosing Dunne over Ferdinand shows who's boss. Yun played exceptionally well again for a young lad so new to the Prem and against the top team he showed no fear. Loved that run he made into their box second half where he was so unlucky to get penalised for handball. Now that was a soft decision. Fer is improving game on game. We now know we can call on Bobby Zee when we need to. And as for Charlie! Where's that thread with people calling for him to be dropped? Old Harold takes his bleedin time about it, but finally (and not too late), he's getting it right. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

In fairness on Goals on Sunday Gordon Strachan said it wasn't a penalty and that Hazard only went to ground because he jumped in Vargas and had both feet off the ground.

Comment

every game the commentators almost sla* QPR off i just think they hate QPR

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                            In fairness on Goals on Sunday Gordon Strachan said it wasn't a penalty and that Hazard only went to ground because he jumped in Vargas and had both feet off the ground.
                            I saw that and couldn't help but shake my head as you would have though that a manager of an international team would know the rules.

In brief if a player has the ball within playing distance he is allowed to move his body to shield the ball and like it or hate it that's what Hazard did. As soon as the opposition player touches, even if a shoulder barge , the player that has the ball its a foul unless the ball is playable by both players, which it wasnt
                            Last edited by terraloon; 02-11-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                              Shearer Pierce Tony Gale, saying definitely a pen they if it was the other way round I bet they would say a soft one, not a good word to say about rangers, they are just a load of overpaid ######s, Joe public know more than they do.
                              Did you not see Shearer on MOTD fawning over how good all Charlies goals have been so far? They showed them all and gave special praise on how he took the Chelsea one!

Comment

Working...
                              X