X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stationcafe for Director of Football!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
      I think it can't do any harm as TF and CO clearly need a football man on the board

The fact is Ferdinand was here when we didn't go out and splash the cash on "names" and actually had proper scouts getting gems from the lower leagues and developing them into top class players so in that respect he knows what QPR was all about and hopefully what is needed to go back to that philosophy .

You're correct about Paladini but for me he was the one who killed the club and the rest since have just carried that on.

The next managerial appointment is crucial and if it's Pulis then we will just go back down the route of buy buy buy
      This. Good post.

Les has said he wants to bring our youth through to the 1st team. That's 1 thing hopefully he'll bring to the table, that 'names' are not always the answer. And there are good enough players out there (our own) who are not only good enough but actually want to be here and haven't been convinced to be here by money.
      He knows what the badge means to the fans and what it meant to the players when he played here. Last time he was here we had players like Sinclar, Impey, McDonald, Brevett, Holloway, Gallen etc etc etc playing for us. Les will remember that bond amongst players that once made that team a successful team... I saw an interview resently from Impey and he was saying there was such a conection amongst them players a sort of brotherhood where everyone wanted to fight for the club/fans/players. Now If Les can influence/inject some of that passion/desire to play for qpr into the current set up (players And manager) like them players 'used' to do, that can only be a good thing
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        This. Good post.

Les has said he wants to bring our youth through to the 1st team. That's 1 thing hopefully he'll bring to the table, that 'names' are not always the answer. And there are good enough players out there (our own) who are not only good enough but actually want to be here and haven't been convinced to be here by money.
        He knows what the badge means to the fans and what it meant to the players when he played here. Last time he was here we had players like Sinclar, Impey, McDonald, Brevett, Holloway, Gallen etc etc etc playing for us. Les will remember that bond amongst players that once made that team a successful team... I saw an interview resently from Impey and he was saying there was such a conection amongst them players a sort of brotherhood where everyone wanted to fight for the club/fans/players. Now If Les can influence/inject some of that passion/desire to play for qpr into the current set up (players And manager) like them players 'used' to do, that can only be a good thing
        You've regurgitated a press release full of wishful thinking. You're TF's ideal fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
          You've regurgitated a press release full of wishful thinking. You're TF's ideal fan.
          Thats true everything I wrote their was b0ll0cks wasn't it Geng?? Maybe I need 'stats' or even bar charts to convince you?... 1 of the 'facts' is the Les interview and him saying what he wants to bring to the club. Will it work out only time will tell....

1 things for sure if it does work out I guarantee 1 person will go all quite and stop posting on here for a while.. hmmmm who could I be talking about Geng???
          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Plenty revel in any sort of crisis Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Plenty revel in any sort of crisis Nick.
              And often persist until the mole hill becomes a dirty great big mountain
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                And often persist until the mole hill becomes a dirty great big mountain
                Absolutely.
                I searched back to Nov 2012, and the similarity to what was happening then and now is amazing. Only difference is Pullis is the saviour and Redknapp has the Hughes role.

Last edited by QPRDave; 09-10-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Appreciate a couple of you gents do not like things being said over and over.. Blue and Dave namely but unfortunately lads that's just the way it is.
                  And I am of the opinion that you can moan about something as much as you like on a forum or talk about something as much as you like - I know you gents don't see the point in it and get bored of it but people are en-titled to do it.

Bluehoop, im not sure where you have got the molehill stuff from? Because in my eyes there are massive issues with the the management, coaching and players.
                  I wish I could see everything as rosey as you!!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Appreciate a couple of you gents do not like things being said over and over.. Blue and Dave namely but unfortunately lads that's just the way it is.
                    And I am of the opinion that you can moan about something as much as you like on a forum or talk about something as much as you like - I know you gents don't see the point in it and get bored of it but people are en-titled to do it.

Bluehoop, im not sure where you have got the molehill stuff from? Because in my eyes there are massive issues with the the management, coaching and players.
                    I wish I could see everything as rosey as you!!
                    West you can have your say obviously. I don't think you need to convince anyone tbh. It just imo gets a bit silly
                    with the name calling and the " do you know what he's doing/said now stuff".
                    Looking back to nov 12 the posts are just about word for word identical, and justs brings home to me that we are going around in circles
                    and make no mistake the next messiah will get the same treatment.
                    None of us are happy with performances, including Tony, but until he makes a decision we have to stay behind the team, who are as much to blame
                    as the management

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      West you can have your say obviously. I don't think you need to convince anyone tbh. It just imo gets a bit silly
                      with the name calling and the " do you know what he's doing/said now stuff".
                      Looking back to nov 12 the posts are just about word for word identical, and justs brings home to me that we are going around in circles
                      and make no mistake the next messiah will get the same treatment.
                      None of us are happy with performances, including Tony, but until he makes a decision we have to stay behind the team, who are as much to blame
                      as the management
                      In that instance then Dave, we just have to hope and prey that the next appointment is not like HR and Hughes.
                      I'll get behind the team as much as I can and if I see them putting some effort in.. they didn't against West Ham and neither did HR by looks of things.
                      Until anything changes, we just have to keep turning up I suppose and hope the team but in some effort.. IMO its got nothing to do with HR anymore anyway, cos he aint gona be here at the end of the season no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        In that instance then Dave, we just have to hope and prey that the next appointment is not like HR and Hughes.
                        I'll get behind the team as much as I can and if I see them putting some effort in.. they didn't against West Ham and neither did HR by looks of things.
                        Until anything changes, we just have to keep turning up I suppose and hope the team but in some effort.. IMO its got nothing to do with HR anymore anyway, cos he aint gona be here at the end of the season no matter what.
                        Fair post WestLondon ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Thats true everything I wrote their was b0ll0cks wasn't it Geng?? Maybe I need 'stats' or even bar charts to convince you?... 1 of the 'facts' is the Les interview and him saying what he wants to bring to the club. Will it work out only time will tell....

1 things for sure if it does work out I guarantee 1 person will go all quite and stop posting on here for a while.. hmmmm who could I be talking about Geng???
                          LOL. The 'facts' I use that you sneer at are actual in-game data. I don't think someone towing the club's PR line counts as a fact. Les was hardly about to say "I'm just here to appease the fans and because I'm mates with both Harry and Tim Sherwood" now is he? There's no need to just shrug and say "time will tell", we can actually assess for ourselves what the chances of success are. How's about looking at the unimpressive track record of the various people involved - TF, Harry, Les - and the fact we've all been here before. Mike Rigg said all that stuff too. Every new Director of Football does.

As ever, you're desperate to lap up the good news you get spoon-fed.

If you think I'd go quiet "if things work out" you should probably read this thread from page 5 onwards. Only a week or two after Wembley: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-him-now/page5 and then ask yourself whether it's me or the various Harry fans who got it right in hindsight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                            LOL. The 'facts' I use that you sneer at are actual in-game data. I don't think someone towing the club's PR line counts as a fact. Les was hardly about to say "I'm just here to appease the fans and because I'm mates with both Harry and Tim Sherwood" now is he? There's no need to just shrug and say "time will tell", we can actually assess for ourselves what the chances of success are. How's about looking at the unimpressive track record of the various people involved - TF, Harry, Les - and the fact we've all been here before. Mike Rigg said all that stuff too. Every new Director of Football does.

If you think I'd go quiet "if things work out" you should probably read this thread from page 5 onwards. Only a week or two after Wembley: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-him-now/page5 and then ask yourself whether it's me or the various Harry fans who got it right in hindsight.
                            ooh look at me ...look at me...look i can pull all these old threads together to show how clever i am......Determined to get this noticed aren't you
                            Ok well done you are so clever....there that better?....now the big decision for you......which hand to control the mouse with!!

Comment

Lap up the good news you get spoon fed... well I am an optimist, always have been a positive person. When it comes to QPR if there's any chance that something positive will happen I tend to support that reason as they tend to be rare...

Harry- I supported him and thought he deserved his chance this season.
                              TF- still think his 1 of the best things to happen to this club.
                              The thought of a new ground/training facilities is a very positive ambition for the clubs future.
                              Current players- think we just had the best transfer window in years. Just a shame HRs not managed to get these players playing to their full potential.
                              Les Ferdinand joining- a good move by the club IMO think he'll inject a bit of passion into the club and help develop/bringing our youth up to play at the next level.

These are just a few things many many people have knocked from day 1. With the help of 'hindsight' I think Harry needs to walk. But the other points 'only time will tell'.... Because as fans thats all we really can do/say. We don't really have any input so we just have to pray that everything slots into place and works..... of cause there is 'hindsight' which certain people may like use as a sort of childish 'I told you so'....
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Congratulations. Would you like a celebratory cookie, now you've proved you're the cleverest person on this forum and, possibly, in the world?
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2