Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton

Proper captains performance yesterday got all over the pitch and does the work of two men. Even tried to do the Simpson tackle with the head at the end of the game

Seems mentally to be a new person and totally at ease with himself as he does not seem to react to situations anymore. When taking corners was getting dogs abuse from Sunderland fans but never even acknowledged them like he would have done when he first joined us seems to be in the zone

And there was a noticeable improvement on quality of his set pieces from first two games

He was immense yesterday.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Hope we offer him new contact and he signs it. His contarct is up in the summer

Comment

Yes Barton was great yesterday and will only get better with better players around him.

There were games last season where he must have felt like he was on his own in midfield.

Comment

Totally agree re Barton my MOM by a country mile. Also special praise goes to Zamora, and the way he held the ball up and hassled their center halfs, something i would like Charlie to bring to his game a little more.
          "I could think of a number of what I think would be interesting (and not even "gotcha") questions. But they wont be asked"

Fans forum ?

Comment

Barton's passing was impressive yesterday, Leroy helped Barton's game IMHO.

Comment

... ..and think he loves Rangers too

Comment

And on top of that he still tops the table for most goalscoring chances created in the league with 12. Hazard is second with 10.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He was brilliant and worked really well with Fer and Mutch.

Comment

Barton was excellent yesterday I will admit - but who makes way if Diame / Sandro / Diarra come in? I would say all 3 are better than Joey, and Fer has got a job for life in the engine room if he continues to play like he did yesterday throughout the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                      Barton was excellent yesterday I will admit - but who makes way if Diame / Sandro / Diarra come in? I would say all 3 are better than Joey, and Fer has got a job for life in the engine room if he continues to play like he did yesterday throughout the rest of the season.
                      Diarra is in and 1 more mid will probably join. Diarra and whoever else will have to try get in to the midfield as after that none of the 3 deserve to lose their place.

Also, over the season there will be injuries and suspensions so need depth

Comment

Originally posted by tommyqpr View Post
                        Diarra is in and 1 more mid will probably join. Diarra and whoever else will have to try get in to the midfield as after that none of the 3 deserve to lose their place.

Also, over the season there will be injuries and suspensions so need depth
                        Sandro and Diarra will not join QPR to sit on the bench. For that matter neither will Diame, seeing as that is why he wants to leave WHU in the first place. In theory Mutch could be dropped and Fer pushed forward, but I still think Joey's place in the team is in jeopardy.

Comment

Rodney Marsh critisised Barton's set pieces after the Hull game, Barton didn't react and thanked him for the constructive critisism. We should be thanking Rodders!
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

My vote did go to joey mom where I was in the ground every time he took a corner he got a great reception from rangers fans and stood up and clapped him top player from 2 seasons ago
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

His corners were much better against Sunderland.

Comment

Working...
                              X