X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR fans are louder than Newcastle's says Barton

Joey wants Loftus Road to become a 'fortress'

Sing when we're winning (or losing): Rangers fans in full voice

Joey Barton wants QPR fans to imagine they’re playing Wigan in the Championship play-off every week.

The man who donned the armband for Saturday’s 1-0 defeat by Hull, reckons last season’s crucial match that took Rs to Wembley was louder than noise made by supporters at Newcastle and Marseille when he was there.

Barton would give supporters an 8/10 for their efforts against Tigers, but believes a concerted racket from all sides of Loftus Road will be the extra man as Rs seek to consolidate in the Premier League.

He said: “Some of the atmospheres last season, like the one against Wigan were up there and I’ve played in some big places; Newcastle in front of 57,000 and Marseille and the Velodrome in front of 65,000, and it was noisier here.

We’re going to need to create that every week and not just for Chelsea or Manchester United at home.

The energy can transmit from the stands, but I think they can see the effort and that’s all you can ask.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-says-7630404?

Nice of him to give the fans an 8/10.......I only gave him a 5/10 for his performance on Saturday!

Comment

He is right we do sound louder probably to do with us having a smaller stadium but he is right need to turn Loftus Road in to a fortress if we win half our games were safe.
      TWITTER
      @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
      Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Nice of him to give the fans an 8/10.......I only gave him a 5/10 for his performance on Saturday!
        Thought he played exceptionally well aside from his dead ball delivery. Far better than most of his performances last term IMO.
        Meet me by the railway tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
          Thought he played exceptionally well aside from his dead ball delivery. Far better than most of his performances last term IMO.
          Exceptionally well?........Behave!!!

Maybe 5/10 was an exaggeration, he did ok but no more than that. You mentioned his set pieces, which were abysmal, other than that you can't fault him on effort but he didn't offer much more than that. I don't think any of our players were "exceptional" on Saturday, if they were would have found a way to win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Only on here could you find someone who could take offence to that..... even though he says sometimes the noise was better at little old LR compared to Newcastle and Marseille, 2 clubs he's very fond of!
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Only on here could you find someone who could take offence to that..... even though he says sometimes the noise was better at little old LR compared to Newcastle and Marseille, 2 clubs he's very fond of!
              Was thinking the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Didn't really take offence mate, my response was made tongue in cheek. To be honest the article didn't even directly quote Barton on the 8/10 thing. Agree with you that Barton's comments were of a positive nature!

Comment

Originally posted by alanfullerqpr View Post
                  He is right we do sound louder probably to do with us having a smaller stadium but he is right need to turn Loftus Road in to a fortress if we win half our games were safe.
                  Not even sure we'll even need that many. West Brom only won 7 games last season and stayed up. 6-7 at home and 2-3 away would probably do it.

Comment

Give joey praise and that word 'behave' comes out like machine gun fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X