Definitely
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Harry: I think we played better today than we did for most of last season....
Collapse
X
-
if we go down then a lot of people will cane us,stay up and we have a good chance of being a reasonable side and with that will come a few plaudits. generally we are hated by a lot of fans around the country because of the past few years and some of our transfer policies. not always easy to turn round if you appear to be desperate to get it right. huge season for us.PRIDE OF LONDON.Comment
-
You miss the point, what I'm saying is that bigger clubs than us don't fire on all cylinders from day one, and they even have the same problems as us in regards to still needing reinforcements. Plus to be perfectly honest, the attitude that we should be beating the likes of Hull easily is not one I'd agree with. They did well last season, falling away at the end as they focused on getting to a cup final. They're also in Europe this year, just a single year after being back in the PL, which their involvement in gave them an edge in match sharpness but I'd say we were at the very least competitive and could have won the game. Like I say, let's not get carried away.Comment
-
With respect mate I think you miss my point! I accept that Man Utd didn't get it right. The difference is over a course of a season you know they will. Or right enough not to go down. We don't know that about QPR. I never said beating Hull was at all easy - I said easy in Prem terms, big difference. They lost their last five games last season and at the very least we would have been looking for a point at home to Hull. If you mapped out a series of results over a season in advance I don't see many scenarios where you could lose to the likes of Hull at home and stay up. Of course I accept that its early days and plenty of time to turn it round - but our previous two recent experiences in the Prem suggest that what you hope is just a blip of bad results can very quickly become a pattern. Not saying it will - just saying we shouldn't be quite so blase about losing at home to Hull and this result certainly puts into sharp focus the claims of some fans that we should be looking at a top half finish. I've always seen this as a hard relegation scrap pure and simple.You miss the point, what I'm saying is that bigger clubs than us don't fire on all cylinders from day one, and they even have the same problems as us in regards to still needing reinforcements. Plus to be perfectly honest, the attitude that we should be beating the likes of Hull easily is not one I'd agree with. They did well last season, falling away at the end as they focused on getting to a cup final. They're also in Europe this year, just a single year after being back in the PL, which their involvement in gave them an edge in match sharpness but I'd say we were at the very least competitive and could have won the game. Like I say, let's not get carried away.Comment
-
not many think its going to be a stroll to safety and know its a battle to the end to stay up. lets not get to down about a first game loss. yr logic of previous starts is based on the teams we had then. imo this set of players have more balls and the window ain't closed. more aware to cope and hoddle will get us clicking. no comparison to previous seasons-feels like this should be our first season up.PRIDE OF LONDON.Comment
-
I had us down to losing to hull today in the august thread so im not shocked or worried at all, even less after that performance. I just thought as they had already played competitive games and we had so many new players playing a new system that they might beat us. Got spurs to do the same as hull to us, and we will be properly ready and beat sunderland with some ease. Leicesters star striker scored on his debut, neither of ours did, hence no points, when it could of easily been three with better finishing and not missing a spot kick.Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 16-08-2014, 10:58 PM.Comment
-
Hope you are right mate. It seems like we have gone about it much better this season. If the board bring in Fer and one more they have done everything Harry could reasonably have asked. I'm just cautious because its such a massive, massive step up. Its possible to go about it well and still go down. Or maybe its just too many years supporting the Rangers - I expect it to go wrong!not many think its going to be a stroll to safety and know its a battle to the end to stay up. lets not get to down about a first game loss. yr logic of previous starts is based on the teams we had then. imo this set of players have more balls and the window ain't closed. more aware to cope and hoddle will get us clicking. no comparison to previous seasons-feels like this should be our first season up.Comment
-
likewise mate but you have to have hope.....even if its blind!!Hope you are right mate. It seems like we have gone about it much better this season. If the board bring in Fer and one more they have done everything Harry could reasonably have asked. I'm just cautious because its such a massive, massive step up. Its possible to go about it well and still go down. Or maybe its just too many years supporting the Rangers - I expect it to go wrong!
PRIDE OF LONDON.Comment
Comment