Adel, Harry and a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    What about ALL the other managers that have tried him and got shot asap? Have you forgotten them then?
    Harry Out! For being stuck in his ways and being the only manager who wont have Adel.
    and all the managers who won't touch him hence we can't seem to even give him away.

Comment

Hoilett did well for Blackburn in the Premier, for 2 seasons in fact, indeed he's performed at the top level longer than Townsend or Taarabt hasn't he? We haven't got the best out of him, so why not talk about him instead of someone who has shown no sign he wants to play for us any longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
        Hoilett did well for Blackburn in the Premier, for 2 seasons in fact, indeed he's performed at the top level longer than Townsend or Taarabt hasn't he? We haven't got the best out of him, so why not talk about him instead of someone who has shown no sign he wants to play for us any longer?
        Totally agree. Phillips and Hoillett are both going to be needed to perform this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
          Hoilett's only "shown signs he wants to play for us" because he's earning such a ridiculous salary no one else will take him.

Yeah he did have a pretty good season in the PL. But look at his 2011/12, his last season with Blackburn, when they were relegated.

34 starts (no subs). 7 goals, 5 assists, 1.3 chances created per game. Not bad, but equally no better than Adel (who has since had a poor spell at Fulham and a good spell at AC Milan, which I'd say is better than Hoilett's mediocre season in the Championship).

Sorry to keep hammering the point home but it really is daft if history records Adel as having "failed" in the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            You can't argue with that. Tho I bet some still will.
            I might make it my signature. I've been harping on about this for over a year now. People come up with all sorts of weird and wonderful justifications for their position but none that actually engage with the above.

Look out for loads more posts below featuring half-remembered shoulder-chipped "Adel failed in the PL" nonsense. Don't let me down, WATRBs!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
              Hoilett's only "shown signs he wants to play for us" because he's earning such a ridiculous salary no one else will take him.

Yeah he did have a pretty good season in the PL. But look at his 2011/12, his last season with Blackburn, when they were relegated.

34 starts (no subs). 7 goals, 5 assists, 1.3 chances created per game. Not bad, but equally no better than Adel (who has since had a poor spell at Fulham and a good spell at AC Milan, which I'd say is better than Hoilett's mediocre season in the Championship).

Sorry to keep hammering the point home but it really is daft if history records Adel as having "failed" in the Premier League.
              Then of course you have 2012/13, when we were relegated, when Adel and Hoilett were both in the side. Junior was godawful that year. I like how one underwhelming season of smashing the ball into defenders a division below means he's suddenly about to party like it's 2011 and tear up the PL again

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Find it amazing Adel still creates so much discussion. He has flopped the last three seasons with us and Fulham. He half impressed in a poor Italian league for a short spell. With that kind of record it is for him to convince the club he is worth investing more time in. It is now no longer the case he has outgrown the club it is the other way around.

As for creativity that is for me our main failing last season. In theory we should do much better. We have pacy wide players in Hoillett, Phillips, SWP and Traore. Petrasso coming through. In centre we now have Barton, Granero and Faurlin who should be able to string a couple of passes together. Whilst I'm under no illusions we will be world beaters we should have enough about us to create some chances without hankering after someone who has done little but show odd flashes over the last few years. Also I suspect 'Arry will bring in a couple more in middle.
                Excellent post

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                  Then of course you have 2012/13, when we were relegated, when Adel and Hoilett were both in the side. Junior was godawful that year. I like how one underwhelming season of smashing the ball into defenders a division below means he's suddenly about to party like it's 2011 and tear up the PL again
                  Now I can see why you are confused but the two distinctions are that Hoilett has impressed in the Premiership before and you can fit him into a system. With Adel he has not impressed in the Premiership and generally in order to accommodate him you have to make the team fit around him. May be worth doing that in Championship if rest of team prepared to grit their teeth and pander to him but not worth it in Premiership.

Don't get me wrong. The Hollett we have seen for us for the main has been frustrating and even the play off goal he farked up the cross but it got diverted to BZ so unless we see more of the pre-QPR Hoilett would probably be better off getting someone else but we know he can do it at that level and he is still young so worth seeing what he can do in a more settled environment here.

I wouldn't argue Adel had his moments, and a couple were laugh out loud ones where he took the riss and completely got away with it. However I remember set piece after set piece not beating the first man or, if a shot, not even going close. He seemed to insist on taking them all as well. We were desperately short of dead ball experts but it got so bad I was kind of hoping they would introduce Jude to have a punt at them. Partly as a result of that we carried little threat and kept giving the ball away. There is a good player in there somewhere. There was a short spell under Hughes where he began to look a more rounded footballer and showed real potential of developing beyond showboating but it didn't last. It would be great to see him mature but for me he has now had three years with us and Fulham and maybe time to move on and perhaps going to Italy or Spain would be a fresh start for him.

Comment

The thing is, we don't create enough chances and no playmakers have been signed. The cupboard is bare when it comes to attacking midfield players. In that light, we really badly need to hang onto AT. Compare Adel's contribution to SWP..... or Hoilett for that matter.

No, until or unless things change it would be insane to farm him out. One other thing - according to the Golborn Road Maroc Squad (Adel has been known to hang out at the cafe round the corner in P'bello) he is under a fitness regime over here, that's why he didn't travel. Just a local rumour, but sounds plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      The thing is, we don't create enough chances and no playmakers have been signed. The cupboard is bare when it comes to attacking midfield players. In that light, we really badly need to hang onto AT. Compare Adel's contribution to SWP..... or Hoilett for that matter.

No, until or unless things change it would be insane to farm him out. One other thing - according to the Golborn Road Maroc Squad (Adel has been known to hang out at the cafe round the corner in P'bello) he is under a fitness regime over here, that's why he didn't travel. Just a local rumour, but sounds plausible.
                      Hanging around a cafe doesn't sound like much of a fitness regime to me..... We aren't farming him out; he's farming himself out. As he did last year. I can't see why people can't see he doesn't want to play for the club. As if he stayed he'd play for himself not the team. To turn up at pre season as fat and as unfit as he is is disgraceful. And unprofessional if you're meant to be in a shop window. In his head he's already gone. I can't see that changing.

Comment

Last season Harry acted quite strange on Adel. When he was loaned out to Milan, he said that he wanted him to stay and was disappointed that we cannot compete with the Italian giants! Now that he got the chance, he leaves him out. Maybe its a psychological way of bringing Adel back to the ground. Maybe Harry is trying to convince Adel that we do not need him......he needs us! And that can only be good to put Adel in place!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          You can't argue with that. Tho I bet some still will.
                          Great post by Geng.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Now I can see why you are confused but the two distinctions are that Hoilett has impressed in the Premiership before and you can fit him into a system. With Adel he has not impressed in the Premiership and generally in order to accommodate him you have to make the team fit around him. May be worth doing that in Championship if rest of team prepared to grit their teeth and pander to him but not worth it in Premiership.

Don't get me wrong. The Hollett we have seen for us for the main has been frustrating and even the play off goal he farked up the cross but it got diverted to BZ so unless we see more of the pre-QPR Hoilett would probably be better off getting someone else but we know he can do it at that level and he is still young so worth seeing what he can do in a more settled environment here.

I wouldn't argue Adel had his moments, and a couple were laugh out loud ones where he took the riss and completely got away with it. However I remember set piece after set piece not beating the first man or, if a shot, not even going close. He seemed to insist on taking them all as well. We were desperately short of dead ball experts but it got so bad I was kind of hoping they would introduce Jude to have a punt at them. Partly as a result of that we carried little threat and kept giving the ball away. There is a good player in there somewhere. There was a short spell under Hughes where he began to look a more rounded footballer and showed real potential of developing beyond showboating but it didn't last. It would be great to see him mature but for me he has now had three years with us and Fulham and maybe time to move on and perhaps going to Italy or Spain would be a fresh start for him.
                            Ha ha ha, I was just waiting for him to start taking all the Goal Kicks and throw ins too!

Great post and all your main points are spot on.
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                              Ha ha ha, I was just waiting for him to start taking all the Goal Kicks and throw ins too!

Great post and all your main points are spot on.
                              We can always send him to Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                We can always send him to Toronto.
                                With Cesar....again!

Comment

Working...
                                X