One striker away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One striker away...

Does anyone have an update on possible partners for Charlie Austin on the front line? Seems most of the transfer chatter to date has focused on the back and midfield lines. As important as those are, we need to do better than Doyle, Johnson, et al if we're not going to repeat a solid defense/no offense campaign.

The only ones of the top of my head we genuinely been linked with is the Ajax bloke, some geezer from livaron, gomis and campbell.

Comment

I think we missed a trick in Nakhi Wells in January, £1.3m seems a steal.
      Other than that I really am unsure who we should go for, When you think of the goals Remy could bring, it seems silly that we arn`t doing all we can to keep him, he`s proven, he`s ours so why not, It`ll be almost impossible to get a better striker for the reported £10m we`ll sell for.
      His goals could mean survival and that is worth much more than £10m

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
        I think we missed a trick in Nakhi Wells in January, £1.3m seems a steal.
        Other than that I really am unsure who we should go for, When you think of the goals Remy could bring, it seems silly that we arn`t doing all we can to keep him, he`s proven, he`s ours so why not, It`ll be almost impossible to get a better striker for the reported £10m we`ll sell for.
        His goals could mean survival and that is worth much more than £10m

Wuld love us to keep remy makes so much sense but very clear he wants to move and dont think harry wants anyone who doesn;t want to be here. But I'm struggling too to think of decent and realistic striker we could pick up. I genuinely like the look of the ajax bloke and wouldn't mind a punt on hooper or campbell but really struggle to think of any prem strikers who could be available.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          Wuld love us to keep remy makes so much sense but very clear he wants to move and dont think harry wants anyone who doesn;t want to be here. But I'm struggling too to think of decent and realistic striker we could pick up. I genuinely like the look of the ajax bloke and wouldn't mind a punt on hooper or campbell but really struggle to think of any prem strikers who could be available.
          I hear you. Looks like we were always gonna lose him no matter what.
          I think Campbell would be OK but couldn`t see him scoring enough, Hooper i`m not a fan of (nothing to do with him turning us down).
          And the Ajax one I have never seen so would be stupid to comment.
          Other than that I really can`t think of anyone i`d be happy to sign. (realistic signings of course).
          Harry has his work cut out for sure, let`s hope he can uncover a couple of european gems like he used to.

Comment

We should go for Rhodes full stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              We should go for Rhodes full stop.
              Wouldn't pay more than 6m for him. Or swap Hoilett and plus 2m

Comment

Rumours on twitter he has tunred us down today.

Comment

stevie may.....brit assomabongo longo........danny graham.......ross macscottishbloke
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X