TS: O'Neil to be offered 1 year extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS: O'Neil to be offered 1 year extension

QPR will offer Gary O'Neil a new deal after the midfielder sacrificed himself to get them promoted.

The former West Ham man was sent off in the play-off final win over Derby for hauling down Johnny Russell when the striker was clean through and nailed on to score.

Rangers are set to release a number of players this summer, with the likes of Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora likely to be axed, but O'Neil's selflessness is set to be rewarded.

The talented golfer, who has a zero handicap, is likely to be offered a one-year-deal and will be an ideal squad man for Rangers in their return to the top-flight.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/oneil-...k4OEEiOEGkC.99

Good back up.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      Good back up.
      So could Zamora on a pay when fit to play deal unless QPR manage to find some decent forwards from elsewhere who wont cost a fortune in fees and wages.

Comment

IF he starts more than a handful of games expect relegation.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          So not worthy of a squad place in your opinion WeAre?

Comment

No mate. I'd rather keep zamora over o'neil tbh.

Comment

Stanley this is the premier league and we're going to need to score much more goals next season. We won't be able to keep pinching 1-0 wins against strikers like Diego, Aguero and Suarez.

We will need midfielders that can chip in with a few goals.

Realistically mate how many goals do you think O'neil will get us? I think you'd be exaggerating if you said 1 or 2 tbh if we want to talk facts.

Comment

Stanley this is the premier league and we're going to need to score much more goals next season. We won't be able to keep pinching 1-0 wins against strikers like Diego, Aguero and Suarez.

We will need midfielders that can chip in with a few goals.

Realistically mate how many goals do you think O'neil will get us? I think you'd be exaggerating if you said 1 or 2 tbh if we want to talk facts.
                I tend to agree with you Weare. I think TS are spinning the story to make out he's being offered this as a result of his 'selfless' act at Wembley, which I don't buy.

All I'll say in O'Neil's defence is that when Harry played him in his best position his performances improved considerably.

Comment

One or two goals would be great for a squad player. I'd have as a back up. Believe him or not I think he'd be quite good to have in games where we're not getting a lot of a ball. He offers a lot of energy.

Comment

Slight over-reaction!

Strikes me he is one of the right sorts who has done ok this year and contributes to the dressing room spirit. Watch the footage of the final whistle to see if he cares or not. Not the greatest player I agree weare but we need a good 'team' attitude this season.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Slight over-reaction!

Strikes me he is one of the right sorts who has done ok this year and contributes to the dressing room spirit. Watch the footage of the final whistle to see if he cares or not. Not the greatest player I agree weare but we need a good 'team' attitude this season.
                      A respectable post tbh and one I am willing to take on board.

Comment

Surprised but happy with that. Gives his all & very much a team player. Good squad player to call upon.

Got a lot of time for O'Neill

Comment

Better golfer than a footballer by the sounds of it. Poor player imho, looked very average in the Championship, not sure he is suddenly going to shine in the Prem. Plenty of people I wd keep ahead of him.

Comment

hard working player. done well when played. id give him a 1 year deal.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Very happy to see him get a deal ....takes all types of players to make up a squad

Comment

Working...
                              X