Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt Sponsorship Deal

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/04...l-1602126.aspx

Is it me, or does this all appear to be a somewhat unnecessary and self congratulatory piece.

I see that it is only for one year. Maybe they want to see the new kit design before committing further.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Just announcing the sponsor ....what's wrong with that?...

Comment

I think they will do it for the year to see what fall out of FFP is and if it goes ahead do a sly massive sponsorship next season to try and get around the rules

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Just announcing the sponsor ....what's wrong with that?...
          Not the announcing Dave. All the nonsense that followed. Good company though, Air Asia. Bit more prestigious than CarGiant or Sellotape.

Comment

It's a corporate sponsor. Unnecessary and self-congratulatory is how they think about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Not the announcing Dave. All the nonsense that followed. Good company though, Air Asia. Bit more prestigious than CarGiant or Sellotape.
              Oh right...sorry

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                Oh right...sorry
                No need to apologise mate.

I didn't intend to be overly critical. Just couldn't see any other sponsor than Air Asia and likewise, couldn't see them sponsoring anybody else.

Comment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/04...l-1602126.aspx

Is it me, or does this all appear to be a somewhat unnecessary and self congratulatory piece.
                  I see that it is only for one year. Maybe they want to see the new kit design before committing further.

More intrigued by the lack of any financial details, like how much the Club is getting from Air Asia for the privilege of having their brand on our shirts in the Premiership.

Possibly with FFS in mind, keep schtum until they come a knocking. Then "£40m loss ? Nah, Air Asia gave us £20m sponsorship, so you can halve that for a start".......Or am I just a cynical, sceptical old Hector ?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                    More intrigued by the lack of any financial details, like how much the Club is getting from Air Asia for the privilege of having their brand on our shirts in the Premiership.

Possibly with FFS in mind, keep schtum until they come a knocking. Then "£40m loss ? Nah, Air Asia gave us £20m sponsorship, so you can halve that for a start".......Or am I just a cynical, sceptical old Hector ?
                    Aren't ones profits/losses dictated by the income/expenditure though, rather than the other way around?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      I think they will do it for the year to see what fall out of FFP is and if it goes ahead do a sly massive sponsorship next season to try and get around the rules
                      Everyone does it. We're not bending any rules. QPR and AirAsia are run as separate limited company's, it doesn't matter if the owner is the same.

Comment

Aren't ones profits/losses dictated by the income/expenditure though, rather than the other way around?
                        Exactly. If we make a sizeable loss and incure FFP penalty, we can say "Hold on, what about £XXm income from Air Asia ?" ie. Make up our ounw figure to offset our losses, bearing in mind the same man is at the head of both companies. A bit like Man City say, selling their Stadium naming right for £300M to offset their incoming transfer policy ???

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          There is not a chance in he11 that the misnamed FFP rules will stand up in court.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                          X