Ferdinand-Hope it is not true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferdinand-Hope it is not true

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-redknapp-qpr?

"Redknapp sealed promotion for QPR through Bobby Zamora’s closing moment’s strike against Steve McClaren’s Derby at Wembley, after Gary O’Neil had been sent off for the Hoops in the 59th-minute for a professional foul on Will Hughes as the midfielder advanced on Robert Green’s goal." Will Hughes? That convinces me more the report about Ferdinand is rubbish.
    Last edited by Yousef; 27-05-2014, 07:04 AM.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

I think a one year contract would be a good move. Ryan Nelsen proved that experience has an important part to play and Dunne was a stalwart this season.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      I think a one year contract would be a good move. Ryan Nelsen proved that experience has an important part to play and Dunne was a stalwart this season.

agree mate as long as he has definitely got his back problem under control then on a 12 month deal on sensible wages Im starting to come around to the ideal bhe could be a very important player.

Ferdinand could still replied upon against the lesser teams in my opinion. His experience could be priceless.

Comment

I'd agree if we didn't already have Dunne and Hill.I'd prefer someone like Lescott who at 31 is experienced but could still give us 3-4 good yrs

Comment

As has been said, a fantastic player who reads the game and can play the ball out from defence far better than most PL centre backs.. would love to see him on a 1 year rolling deal alongside someone like onouha in the heart of the defence

You need experienced players alongside the "young and hungry" players we are all crying out for so as long as we get the balance right lets not all throw our toys out the pram if we make one or two older signings

Comment

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
            I'd agree if we didn't already have Dunne and Hill.I'd prefer someone like Lescott who at 31 is experienced but could still give us 3-4 good yrs
            Id prefer lescott too - I just think this ferdinand deal has legs with the connection with harry.

Comment

Don't get me wrong Rio is still a class defender, but in a yrs time we'll have the problem of having to replace Dunne, Hill and Rio and again that will mean alot of change.I want a bit of stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprnw10 View Post
                Don't get me wrong Rio is still a class defender, but in a yrs time we'll have the problem of having to replace Dunne, Hill and Rio and again that will mean alot of change.I want a bit of stability.
                Whilst that's true, to an extent, the first season has to be about consolidation - and someone with his experience and ability to read the game would be invaluable IMO. Just so long as it's a short term deal with no silly wages, then it would be a good move.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Maidstone makes a great point "sensible wage"... would Rio be happy to receive a sensible wage? Sweet as it is that he wants a london base I am not comfortable about top flight pros using QPR as a good place to retire and let their hair down from the heat and pace of top flight prem play... and his attitude?! Verdict: liability. Didn't he break his arm falling down some stairs drunk in south africa kast world cup...?

Comment

See we were linked with jonas ollson again today from west brom!!! Solid defender but again 31 now.

Comment

lets not all throw our toys out the pram if we make one or two older signings [/QUOTE]

Spot on just gotta get the balance right

Comment

Originally posted by cowleyhoop View Post
                        lets not all throw our toys out the pram if we make one or two older signings
                        Spot on just gotta get the balance right[/QUOTE]

We are going to need one or two of the more experience heads. Thing is this time Harrys making the choices and trust his judge of character much more than the last mug who brought in the has been oldies.

Comment

we have to have 3 / 4 experienced players with lots of PL know how to go alongside, Onouha, Philipps, Austin, etc.

TF will not get involved with foreign mercenaries, who don't really care about us (Cesar, Mbia, Granero, Park, Remy)

Harry will want British grafters

Comment

Have said it 50 times already, if Rio n Frank will come on sensible contracts then we'd be crazy to say no

Comment

Linked to Spurs now according to the BBC

Comment

Working...
                              X