Derby weren't too impressed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    8) QPR fans are among the least arrogant, least self-assured I know. We cd be three goals up in a major game with ten minutes to go and most of us will still be expecting the worst. Its in our DNA. And its that honesty and disappointment which makes our fans and our club what it is. But if they can't see all that, hey ho.
    I popped on here to see what you guys were saying about your own team and I must say your whole post was excellent. Point 8 could easily apply to 95% of Derby fans. I think the others tend to be over enthusiastic kids or the usual fools found on most websites. Most Derby fans are, of course, upbeat and positive especially looking at our current form and goals scored. We are also biased as we are Derby fans and the QPR fans on here are biased towards QPR. All forums need to be read with that in mind, espcially as the most vocal tend to be the most biased/foolish.

In the main we are very realistic and getting to the play offs has been fantastic. We have enjoyed our season and watched some of the most attractive football we have seen for years but we are well aware that we can be done over by a tactically astute experienced team who can stop us playing.

We live in hope that our youthful attacking style will overcome the experince of your side but we are acutely aware that in 2007 a dogged well organised Derby side beat WBA in a very dour play off final. Most of us are concerned that we will not win but if we don't go up we are looking forward to another year having hope of success in the Championship. It might even be better than a season trying to survive in the Premier League, which is apparently the only place which exists as far as the press is concerned.

I think at the end of the day both sets of fans are nervous and realise that all will be dependent on the team which turns up on the day.

Comment

Sensible ram, that would be my exact thoughts also. Both decent sides both very different. Hopefully the football we see on the 24th will be a proper football match. Similar battle to Monday nights game... Everything left on the pitch.... And hopefully the same outcome. Let the best team win.. Enjoy your day
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by SensibleRam View Post
        I popped on here to see what you guys were saying about your own team and I must say your whole post was excellent. Point 8 could easily apply to 95% of Derby fans. I think the others tend to be over enthusiastic kids or the usual fools found on most websites. Most Derby fans are, of course, upbeat and positive especially looking at our current form and goals scored. We are also biased as we are Derby fans and the QPR fans on here are biased towards QPR. All forums need to be read with that in mind, espcially as the most vocal tend to be the most biased/foolish.

In the main we are very realistic and getting to the play offs has been fantastic. We have enjoyed our season and watched some of the most attractive football we have seen for years but we are well aware that we can be done over by a tactically astute experienced team who can stop us playing.

We live in hope that our youthful attacking style will overcome the experince of your side but we are acutely aware that in 2007 a dogged well organised Derby side beat WBA in a very dour play off final. Most of us are concerned that we will not win but if we don't go up we are looking forward to another year having hope of success in the Championship. It might even be better than a season trying to survive in the Premier League, which is apparently the only place which exists as far as the press is concerned.

I think at the end of the day both sets of fans are nervous and realise that all will be dependent on the team which turns up on the day.
        good fair post mate, dont mind banter or speaking with other fans when there's some sensible honest views behind it...you guys deserve your shot at the final as we do and should be a cracking intense game of football that we all will remember for a long time.

Comment

Yet ANOTHER Ram in peace !
          I agree with SensibleRams reply. The post by 'stainrodisalegend' was excellent and it really does pay to ignore some of the guff spouted on our own Forums.

Am I confident? Yes. But do I worry about losing ? Of course....Worst footballing day of my life was losing the 1994 Play-off final to ****** Leicester, of all teams. And living in Leicester at the time, didn't make it any easier.

As we know, you have the better players. Players who know about the big occasion and will know how to react. Charlie Austin ALWAYS scores against us, regardless of who plays for, so its a gimme that he'll pop one in.
          I believe that we have the better team when it comes to spirit and playing as 'one'. Shhteeve Mac very quickly instilled a belief in the players and they now know that they have what it takes to challenge in the Prem, IF we manage to beat you on the 24th.
          What I do know is that if you'd even offered any Rams fan a play-off place at the beginning of the season, they'd have snatched your hand off !

We've been shite for so long, that we don't even remember what success feels like ! ( The 2007/8 disaster in the Prem wiped out all memories of going up !)

Both sides deserve to go up after finishing in the top four...so, may the best side win !

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Monkey Ram View Post
            Yet ANOTHER Ram in peace !
            I agree with SensibleRams reply. The post by 'stainrodisalegend' was excellent and it really does pay to ignore some of the guff spouted on our own Forums.

Am I confident? Yes. But do I worry about losing ? Of course....Worst footballing day of my life was losing the 1994 Play-off final to ****** Leicester, of all teams. And living in Leicester at the time, didn't make it any easier.

As we know, you have the better players. Players who know about the big occasion and will know how to react. Charlie Austin ALWAYS scores against us, regardless of who plays for, so its a gimme that he'll pop one in.
            I believe that we have the better team when it comes to spirit and playing as 'one'. Shhteeve Mac very quickly instilled a belief in the players and they now know that they have what it takes to challenge in the Prem, IF we manage to beat you on the 24th.
            What I do know is that if you'd even offered any Rams fan a play-off place at the beginning of the season, they'd have snatched your hand off !

We've been shite for so long, that we don't even remember what success feels like ! ( The 2007/8 disaster in the Prem wiped out all memories of going up !)

Both sides deserve to go up after finishing in the top four...so, may the best side win !
            Thanks for the good reply from you and one or two other Derby fans. Improved my view of your club after reading your forum! Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SensibleRam View Post

I wish I could say that.

Should be a cracker of a game though, as we appear to have started to show some desire at long last.

Oh, how nice it would be to see Steve and Derby get automatic next season.

Comment

If we beat them, im deffo going to adopt derby as my championship club and follow them next season on the telly and in the papers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  If we beat them, im deffo going to adopt derby as my championship club and follow them next season on the telly and in the papers etc.
                  this will be much more valuable to them than promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Apparently it is mandatory for all Premiership fans to adopt a lowly club to follow and patronise so thank you for planning to adopt us. In fact now I think about it I will never be a proper football fan as I will never adopt another team even if we do get promoted. This is not a dig at you, just at some of the patronising idots who claim to follow a "top club".
                    Last edited by SensibleRam; 14-05-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

With second clubs I've never known as a QPR fan whether I should go for a bigger club or a smaller club? Its tricky if you are kinda in the middle. Plus also (like most true fans) I don't really give a monkeys about any other club as long as win (although it did take me a long time to stop laughing when Fulham got relegated...).

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        With second clubs I've never known as a QPR fan whether I should go for a bigger club or a smaller club? Its tricky if you are kinda in the middle. Plus also (like most true fans) I don't really give a monkeys about any other club as long as win (although it did take me a long time to stop laughing when Fulham got relegated...).
                        You've stopped ?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          You've stopped ?
                          Well after a while it just seems like its mocking people with learning difficulties...

Comment

Working...
                          X