We want you to have a say on the new stadium – draft survey published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    i think our model of stadium has already been established.

no point putting up what type of stadium you like.

the sides will have 3 tiers and behind both goals will have two

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/12...s-1232327.aspx
    sounds good ...perfick, if it's like that stadium above

Comment

A couple more pics Dave.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comment

Cheers Brighton, that must generate a great noise...not one for these Sunderland type grounds

Comment

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...14079808_n.jpghow about this one?
          Last edited by Fraggy; 04-04-2014, 04:28 PM.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I've actually been outside it, a few years ago. Not intentionally though, just got a bit lost driving towards Carveiro from Faro.

Comment

I'd like a smaller version of the Amsterdam Arena.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium...am_arena.shtml

I visited this stadium a few years after it opened. It's an incredible place. It hosts a number of different events and at the time of its construction it cost around €140m.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Arena

I thought I read somewhere the budget for our new place is around £200m. Allowing for a smaller stadium and inflation, it might be possible.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                Why do people like you who oppose a new stadium constantly refer to hosting One Direction concerts?

If you'd been following the reporting of a new stadium, you'd know the chairman has already said it won't be a bowl. Highbury was hardly a noisy place to visit , hence the nickname the Highbury Library.

LR is pretty quiet these days too, you'll notice.
                I agree with the 1D comment, we could have the rolling stones, pink Floyd or even a steps reunion gig.
                My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                  Not necessarily I'm happy with a new ground if its realistic i.e 25/30k max

The fact Ian Taylor said we will own the ground gives me hope they will listen to the fans and we should hopefully have a ground the majority fans will be happy with

Something like this for me

As much as I like the look of that ground you can't knock down the estate for that.
                  My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

what about all lit up bright but highrise style ....like a flattened lightbulb with a pitch and stands on top....40 storeys in the air

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                      Dear Uncle Tony

Can we please have minimum 40k capacity with room to expand to 60k so we are in a position to compete with Arsenal in the future as we will be tapping an extra 2 million potential fans in NW London. I've been reading some reports you see and the sky is the limit for the growth of this club and with rebranding in SE Asia I think you should start producing matchday programmes in Malay. I also thiink there should be a heli pad on the roof so One Direction can make a spectacular entrance when they hold their concert there (I'll be in the front row). Also I need 50inches of leg room as my dear old knees have suffered all these years and gold plated taps with marble sinks in the toilets as I have had to endure the poor toliet facilities for too long.

With all my love

Dickyboy x

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                      Yeah I think 30k with space to increase if need it is ideal

Sell the lower tiers first so will always looks full on TV

The ground is Boavista
                      to keep some sort of atmosphere if we ever get a team playing football worthy of getting excited about.

Also IF the stadium has to be built around 40k to make it commercially viable for other events, have some sort of retractable advertising boarding/sheeting (?) that makes the ground appear fuller ?

The worst thing you see @ some away games is the pathetic 1/4 full grounds at nice shiny purpose stadiums like Wigan, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc etc.

IMO of course
                      "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Regarding the OP: that survey is much too detailed. The fans need to provide guiding principles, not details on what colour the toilet doors should be painted! Do we really need to stipulate that the new stadium should have enough leg room to accommodate anybody taller than a midget?

For me:
                        1. Atmosphere (i.e. noise retention properties) and fans close to the pitch, just like LR.
                        2. Ability to stuff the away fans into a segregated corner just like at Old Trafford, where nobody will care about them. Also the ability to instead put them behind the goal, for use with clubs that reciprocate with our fans when we go there. This on the principle that football in general needs to do more to recognize the contribution and dedication of away fans, so we need the ability to smack the @rse of teams that stuff our fans into the corner (call it encouragement to start doing the right thing).
                        3. Multiple OVERHANGING tiers get the fans in the higher rows closer to the pitch, and create noise retention below, so I'm a bit of a fan of that.
                        4. This should also be a given along with leg room and no frigging poles blocking the view of the pitch, but a nice concourse with ample room, colour TVs showing half time highlights, reasonably priced food and drink, and betting shops, would be on my wish list.
                        5. Standing room (rail seats) behind the goals. This is NOT the place for a family section!
                        6. I'm a fan of a 40K stadium because I think the demand for football in London is sufficient and we could fill it much more quickly than most of us might guess. Perhaps starting with 30K with the ability to expand to 40K would be sensible.
                        Last edited by dsqpr; 04-04-2014, 11:21 PM.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsgate Hoop View Post
                          Capacity
                          Leg Room
                          Close to the Pitch

Thats the top 3 for me of all the key points raised!
                          same for me

Comment

if we are lucky enough to get to wembley this season it will be a good indicator to how many fans and potential fans we have

Comment

One of the things that is highly amusing is that the Gang of Four, particularly NW Hoopz, seem to think that the board haven't done their homework with regard to capacity. He is using a quote of mine entirely out of context when I said that within four years, our attendance would be around 29k, based on the experiences of the combined new ground builds.

The point he and a few others don't get about the expansion figure is that WITHIN FOUR YEARS the new stadium will be 75% full.

It isn't just about the first four years and current support. It's about future generations too. Some don't seem to understand that the new stadium is going to be at the heart of a major new development in London and will be a multi-purpose venue OWNED BY QPR as confirmed this week, despite what the naysayers have been telling us that it's being built as a 1D gig venue and that QPR will be merely tenants.

Do the naysayers seriously believe the 40k figure was plucked out of the air without a single piece of research going on? Do they think that not a single one of the many consultants working on the project have thought about how to fill it? Do they really believe they know more than the professionals who make their living from this kind of work?

We're talking about building a new stadium in what many consider is the world's greatest city, not some regional backwater like Middlesbrough or Huddersfield. And I make no apology for stating yet again we only have to attract 1% of the population of NW London to fill the new place.

It would be nice for some fans to stop with the continued negativity and view this as a great new chapter in the history of our wonderful club. A new training ground/academy coupled with a new stadium will put our club well and truly on the map. It's either that or stay put in our ageing current facilities for at least the next 50 years.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                                if we are lucky enough to get to wembley this season it will be a good indicator to how many fans and potential fans we have
                                Fans we have today: yes.

Potential fans: next year, the year after that, and further into the future: no. That will be determined in the future by things like where they can get tickets and the match day experience when they get there:
                                - Dilapidated stadium with pillars blocking your view and leg room barely sufficient for a midget - probably not coming back often and fan base will always be limited.
                                - State of the art stadium with great views and atmosphere - who knows how many new fans we will gain or how quickly we will gain them? I wonder how many football fans would prefer to sit on a waiting list for Arsenal, Chelsea, or Spurs, rather than regularly watch QPR in a state of the art stadium. If you like watching Premier League football (we will be there soon enough) - no brainer!
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X