No announcement yet.

Stan Bowles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was lucky enough to have a few games of football with Stan & Don Shanks in the courtyard of the flats where I lived when they visited Don' s mum & Dad. He was still skilful against 8 and 9 year olds.

HERO
    My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Too young to fully appreciate the legend. My fav was sir les and tricky trev

Comment

Originally posted by Brightsparx View Post
        Too young to fully appreciate the legend. My fav was sir les and tricky trev
        You missed a treat mate with Stan, a one off.......and Rodney as well to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
          Agree dave,always a greenhoff,keegan or a peter lorimer when it came to a blistering shot from all of 3yds. Shilton over clemence but always parkes for me. Lifestyles in those days Defo stopped the national team being gr during that period imo. The fa Hated that maverick/free spirit image and style...frank worthington being an example-.so talented.
          Was working in Leeds probably 10 year ago Bush.helping to build the royal armory museum, lorimar was our bed and breakfast. used to serve every morning with his thumb in ya beans.great days as Johnny Giles used to pop in too.wore me rangers shirt out working up there with all the brummies,geordies and local lads.ended up renting a gaf with some lads from derby in chapel town.lorimars a legend!!
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

He could'nt half bang a ball van-loving the story mate.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Stan was my hero as a kid and felt so much pride that we had such a talented player in our team. For me, the greatest player ever to wear the hoops.

Someone mentioned the Trevor Francis hat trick at Villa Park. Great day out, until after the game when a load of Villa fat boys legged me and my mate away from the ground. He foolishly wanted to stand his ground and mix it!
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

loved stan as a kid in the loft and his old song ' i'll walk a million miles' . there will never be another

Comment

for the pups.

Comment

Working...
                  X