they used to like us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
    As an outsider, I would say that the feeling is probably similar to that which people had about City after the Thai family bought us, and appointed Sven-Goran Eriksson. As fans, we hoped it would work out for the best, but I think most of us realised it wouldn't, and we ended up feeling the same kind of frustrations as you guys.

In that first season, every home game was on Thai television, so we could watch it online, with or without the Radio Leicester commentary, and it was so depressing watching a bunch of players who clearly didn't know (or care about) one another, *****ing about pushing the ball across the pitch. The fact that most other fans were sneering at "Big Spending Leicester" was annoying, but made all the more because we were getting nowhere despite the amount of money being spent.

I don't think that other fans dislike QPR, although as someone else has suggested, the managers you've had over the past few years would not have won you any popularity contents. But it's almost certainly true that beating Rangers will give other teams more satisfaction than, say, beating Derby or Wigan. That's just the way it is.

What Fernandes needs to do - and it is going to take four or five years to do it - is to get in a manager who knows about the value of money (and Malky Mackay isn't him) with the brief of (a) getting rid of the "last big payday" merchants - of whom you do seem to have a lot and (b) assembly a team of good, hard-working youngsters mixed with a core of more mature, but well-balanced players. It's what Pearson has done at City, Sean Dyche has done at Burnley, Nigel Clough did at Derby, and what Brian MacDermott has said he wants to do at Leeds. Fernandes can't start on that project yet - Redknapp has to stay until the end of the season - but he should start planning now.
    Good post.

Comment

Who cares what others think, it's not personal. It doesn't matter one bit. If you get upset by it, well that's a bit sad.

Comment

Mmmmm...used to like us?, or view us as no threat, so you used to get "oh yeah QPR, nice little club, don't mind them". Seems to me it's fuelled by jealousy of the money, and the fact we're failing dramatically.
        Although in football all fans like to see favourites or clubs that should've done better fail.
        We could be a lot bigger of a "joke club" if Tony hadn't bought us.
        Last edited by QPRDave; 19-03-2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

If we was walking the league why not get rid off Harry and put oscar pistorius in charge
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Big salaries to mediocre and injury prone/old players IMHO has really annoyed other supporters as in a way big salaries are the disease of English football resulting in a number of problems such as clubs in debt, player power, distance between fans and the club etc ...
            For eg by paying Luke Young the same salary as Zaha results in other clubs who want to buy an elderly, mediocre, hardly ever plays player having to face unrealistic wage demands as the agent says QPR pay £30k ...we have simply fuelled and driven the nonsense and if I was a supporter of another club that would annoy me as it has a kinda knock on effect to your own club.
            The fact we are rubbish, get relegated, have big name managers, TFs tweets, new 40k stadium etc etc isn't something IMHO that would annoy other fans, we've always been a slightly weird club look at 4yr plan and in a sense the footballing world is rather fond of our unique, quirky and slightly mad set up that's why the film was broadcast on terrestrial tv.

Comment

Wes Sneider and Julio Cesar epitomize what's wrong with the game. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEED
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
              X