It's the way we play I can't stomach anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the way we play I can't stomach anymore

Have to say I have finally lost it with this team under Redknapp. Finding it really difficult to muster up the enthusiasm to get to games now.

No desire, no urgency and no evident game plan.

Nil nil - knocking it sideways and backwards. Fair enough, looking for an opening and keeping hold of the ball.

One down and we still knock it sideways and backwards.

Two down and we STILL knock it sideways and backwards.

Three down and we were STILL knocking the damn thing sideways and backwards. No urgency, no penetration, we simply knock it about to each other in our own half and half way into theirs and as soon as a player is faced with an opposition player in front of him we knock it backwards.

So frustrating. Lost count of how many times we knocked it back through the defence to Murphy.

Every time we lost the ball last night, which was frequently, Wednesday ran straight at us. Even at 3 nil up they came looking for more whereas we looked like we could have played all week and never scored because we seldom give ourselves the chance to.
    Two shots on target in 90 minutes, and they were straight at the keeper.

Apart from one or two, the majority of our squad always seem to lack the confidence to take on players and move FORWARD with the ball in the final third.
    How often do we see a potential break only to see the player on the ball stop his run, turn and knock the ball to someone else BEHIND him.

I have been going to Loftus Road for 40 years and can honestly say I have never seen such a toothless Rangers side in all those years.

This style of play has to be down to Redknapp and his coaching staff

This isn't football under Redknapp it's garbage.

Wednesday manager Stuart Gray - "we WANTED to WIN the game. We got men FORWARD and created chances"

Wow ! that sounds like a good plan - Mr Redknapp ??

recently, yeovil, birmingham and Brighton we have looked a lot more positive,i too have been watching for a similar period..and seen a lot worse teams than this one.

we need to find a balance where the fear of losing is not greater than the desire to win.

Comment

Completely agree ,this is the the most toothless team ive ever seen in my time as a Rangers fan playing the most negative football.
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

It's been the most boring season I can remember. Even us being crap in the prem was better quality from us.

What happened to the Redknapp sides who attack attack attack? And since when did he play 1 up front like he done most of the season & play 65 midfielders.

Total rubbish.

Comment

It's been painful to watch.. Suppose we just have to ride it out and see if we nail down a play-off spot?

Win our home games and try pick up the odd point on the road

Comment

Rodman, totally agree with your comments, toothless is right.

But more importantly no player recently has any desire.

Comment

Originally posted by BAZZA1966 View Post
              Rodman, totally agree with your comments, toothless is right.

But more importantly no player recently has any desire.
              Disagree. Clint Hill, Barton, Austin no shortage of desire IMO.

Comment

This is what people need to understand when i say no player has any desire for the badge,
                clint hill has been a great asset to our club over the years but recently even he has been poor and as for barton dont get me started, last night i could have thumped him.

Effing waving his hands at other players when he and morrison are just sauntering back to our penalty box when the goal was scored.

Makes my effing blood boil.

Comment

Desire & level of performance are two different things.

Those I mentioned show desire the vast majority of times whether they be playing good or bad. I know what you're getting at though.

Comment

We got no width. Trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle. Thought Krancjar played well last night but he had zero options available to him when it comes to picking a pass. No one in space!

Comment

On the radio Carlton Palmer who's a bit of a donut said I've never seen such lack of mobility as what I'm seeing in QPR. Sums up most of our season in all honesty.

Comment

Got bored off watching us this season so stopped, unthinkable for team who are 4th in Championship you'd think.

Are we a good team or bad ? TBH who cares we are certainly not good enough for the Prem but apparently good enough to stand a chance of going up.

This is a team which fails to inspire , Austin and Phillips were our only shining lights. Can't listen to Redknapp and haven't since October, never liked him before he come here and don't want him here next season even if he takes us up but would let him see if through to the end of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Got bored off watching us this season so stopped, unthinkable for team who are 4th in Championship you'd think.

Are we a good team or bad ? TBH who cares we are certainly not good enough for the Prem but apparently good enough to stand a chance of going up.

This is a team which fails to inspire , Austin and Phillips were our only shining lights. Can't listen to Redknapp and haven't since October, never liked him before he come here and don't want him here next season even if he takes us up but would let him see if through to the end of this season.
                          Agree with all except I'm still enduring going every week. Don't know why I bother at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                            Agree with all except I'm still enduring going every week. Don't know why I bother at times.
                            With me at times I have to go out of my way whilst working on shift to see us play so to get out of going is easy times.

This is not about this season for me it has been three seasons off **** football whilst paying players ridiculous sums of money.

At the start of the season it look like we were building a team and squad with a British heart who were committed to the cause. I now recognise this as the influence Maclaren had on things. If I was Fernández I would be doing everything I can to get McLaren back here next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              It's been the most boring season I can remember. Even us being crap in the prem was better quality from us.

What happened to the Redknapp sides who attack attack attack? And since when did he play 1 up front like he done most of the season & play 65 midfielders.

Total rubbish.
                              He said earlier this season that the top sides play with one striker. Guess he forgot that is not really true, and those that do, usually have 2 or three attacking midfielders who can manage to score between 8-15 goals a season.

still, I think we can all relax now and look forward to him leaving or get sacked at the end of the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X