Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Back to the thread - ings could well be fit enough to play tomorrow

Why is it when we have an injury that we are sweating on - it's always the worst possible news

Oh well - that's life I spose!
    we do appear unbelievably unlucky when it comes to injuries not just this season, over the years we have lost key players at key times and have struggled to cope with their loss.

Comment

you sign Zamora, Johnson, Dyer etc etc and they get injured. Is that bad luck, or bad judgement? Even Charlie we cd only get because he failed a medical at Hull. Faurlin is now (sadly) clearly injury prone. Am sure there are others. Plus we must have pretty well the oldest squad in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        you sign Zamora, Johnson, Dyer etc etc and they get injured. Is that bad luck, or bad judgement? Even Charlie we cd only get because he failed a medical at Hull. Faurlin is now (sadly) clearly injury prone. Am sure there are others. Plus we must have pretty well the oldest squad in the division.
        Good post and sometimes you need to paint a nice big picture on this forum
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Nothing wrong with the Austin signing by the way and it was Harrys best move since he had been at our club but the 3 striker signings as cover after mean he should be sacked. No one can make excuses for what was a panic attitude in the market all because he spent 90% of his time chasing defoe

Comment

... Austin, Simpson, Phillips
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              ... Austin, Simpson, Phillips
              Henry O'Neil etc his record of bringing in good players is spoilt by thr so called right sorts that have zero ability with just heavy wages and no sell on fee's

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Henry O'Neil etc his record of bringing in good players is spoilt by thr so called right sorts that have zero ability with just heavy wages and no sell on fee's
                im not saying all his have been good, not by a long shot but he has bought decent player's too. Players certain people like to forget about and concentrate on the bad one's... but that's just peoples options.

Anyway he has bought $hit but he's also bought and loaned in good one's- Austin, Simpson, Phillips, Dunne. He's done his best to get rid of Cesar and played Green, he's also moved Traore to the wing and he's done a good job bringing in Morisson... not all bad.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

this is my point. Luck?

the season before we signed Johnson he played 34 games for fulham scoring 11 goals, the season before that 29 games, signs for us gets injured and manages 15 games over 2 seasons
                  zamora payed 133 games in the 4 seasons prior to signing for us, and has barely managed 40 in 3 since. Dyer was a pay as you play gamble.

Faurlin, austen, simpson, phillips can be added to a long list that goes back clive allen in the cup final, Kevin Gallen colliding with post scoring against portsmouth, richard orr..700k to never play for us..

Age shouldn't have anything to do with it..alot of our fitter players are our oldest, hill, dune, barton, it seems to be the younger players who drop like flies..hoilett seems to get injured every game as does traore.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                    this is my point. Luck?

the season before we signed Johnson he played 34 games for fulham scoring 11 goals, the season before that 29 games, signs for us gets injured and manages 15 games over 2 seasons
                    zamora payed 133 games in the 4 seasons prior to signing for us, and has barely managed 40 in 3 since. Dyer was a pay as you play gamble.

Faurlin, austen, simpson, phillips can be added to a long list that goes back clive allen in the cup final, Kevin Gallen colliding with post scoring against portsmouth, richard orr..700k to never play for us..

Age shouldn't have anything to do with it..alot of our fitter players are our oldest, hill, dune, barton, it seems to be the younger players who drop like flies..hoilett seems to get injured every game as does traore.
                    Are you saying we're jinxed then? Has anyone seen Jude lately?

Comment

Has the game changed really that much since I left The U.K.?
                      Can't believe how fluffy some are getting on here.

Have the days of humming the funeral march when a player on the opposing team gets injured gone away?
                      I'm not the type of person to wish ill on anyone; but this is friggin football ffs! And the last time I checked, there was supposed to be a tribal passion where one teams miss-fortune was another's fortune.

What the heck is being put in the drinking water over there, as some on here seemed to of miss-placed their testicles
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Have the days of humming the funeral march when a player on the opposing team gets injured gone away?
                        I'm not the type of person to wish ill on anyone; but this is friggin football ffs! And the last time I checked, there was supposed to be a tribal passion where one teams miss-fortune was another's fortune.

What the heck is being put in the drinking water over there, as some on here seemed to of miss-placed their testicles

Unfortunately pal everythings gone a bit PC
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                          Are you saying we're jinxed then? Has anyone seen Jude lately?
                          you do begin to wonder..bad luck does follow some clubs around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Fraggy ...it seems we must all be a bit fwuffy an not say things like "chop is f*kin legs off"...and other such unfwuffy fings...now we have to admire opposition players....

Comment

cant argue too much with that. If you sign injury prone players, dont expect much game time from them. Many of us predicted what would happen with Dyer, Zamora and Johnson and even expected it of Dunne this season, yet Warnock, Hughes and Redknapp did not appear to have expected the lack of games from them. In fairness to warnock, he probably only signed Dyer, becuase Tango and cash wouldn't let him spend any money.

QPR need to buy some younger players or at least give the likes of Petrasso, Hitchcock, Harriman, Ehmer, Sutherland etc a chance. I would rather a a more youthful squad with some experienced players like Barton, Faurlin (if fit), Simpson and Austin developing into a good side and spending next season in and around the top 6-8 like Brighton rather than watch an ageing squad again.

Comment

Charlie failed the medical at hull because he had an op on his knee when he was a kid.....he said it has never given him trouble, never stopped him playing a game and his injury now is nothing to do with his knee.
                                agewise, we have plenty of young or 'in their prime players'. the second striker issue is really what done for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X