QPR accounts for 2012/13 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
    im not letting any of this worry me, its not my debt its tonys and his mates, if it all goes ****-up ill still be watching rangers in what ever league they are in! DONT WORRY BE HAPPY!
    i retract this statement, when i posted said statement i was on a mixture of valium and weed(its for my nerves honest) what i ment to post was .....WE ARE FOCKED, OH SHITE, OH SHITE, IM A TEAPOT, IM A TEAPOT BOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLO******************************X!
    LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

• Originally posted by qprboy93 View Post
      Hello, I have just signed up to post because several of you have been asking for an expert to make sense of these figures. While I am no expert as such, I have just completed a degree in Sports finance and can hopefully clear some things up.
      Thanks for this post

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        simple.

sell ... hoillet £3.mil ....
        lol

when will people get it into their heads? players who came to us because we offered loads more ££ than anyone else won't go anywhere else because, er, no one else will pay them as much

Comment

• Originally posted by Mem View Post
          Can't wait for Harry's press conference tomorrow who I'm sure will be asked about this and what he knows

Here's my guess at his response

' I just deal with football matters, I know nothing........'
          ' since I've been here with shipped out 18 players who were earning a fortune ....'
          ' I've replaced these players with mainly free transfers .....'
          ' if someone had said at the start of the season we'd be 4th now I would have said they are mad ....'
          'The chairmans a good man - I'm sure things are under control financially ....'
          ' Birmingham are a huge club with a fantastic young manager ....'

What have I missed?
          HAH! spot on

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            Course it's not good reading but why are people acting so surprised? We've known for years we were expending huge sums more than the club brings in - even my simple mind can tell you that results in accumulating debt. My point is that I'm not sitting here saying all is fine n dandy, I don't know the first thing about what's going on behind the scenes, financially, at our club. And nor does anybody else on here so I just it cringe worthy reading some of the dramatic responses.
            Thing is though Matty, we really can get a decent idea of what's going on; that's why clubs are forced to publish their accounts. Read qpr93's post for a pretty good take on this.

Not having a go at you personally, just saying we shouldn't be fatalist about these things. Sitting back and enjoying the ride without taking a critical (not necessarily negative) look at what is going on at the club is a recipe for ending up like Portsmouth

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
              i'm fairly sure that it's just very badly translated from german and that the €99.8m relates to 2012/13 spend. my german's not so bad and the original german text ("Die Personalaufwendungen der Gesellschaft im Einzelabschluss erhöhten sich im abgelaufenen Geschäftsjahr von EUR 74,5 Mio. um EUR 25,3 Mio. auf EUR 99,8 Mio") translates as it being for 2012/13.
              Eegads! I'll take your word for the ger-verden-changen-unt-translation-zum-anglais-ahben. Thanks!

Definitely a shocking statistic either way.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Only £15million is debt owed outside of the club to a bank as a working capital loan. No crippling 7% interest on any loans etc. why would the board call in a debt knowing the club couldn't pay it. Ill ignore any spin or press reports. Cardiff and others next season will far outweigh us but we'll still be the one in the headlines. Just wish our fan base would jump on board supporting the team as much as they do with regards to all the negative stuff printed. See you all at Birmingham on Saturday and Brighton on Tuesday for those who really give a sh1t about the club. Said my bit!
                Last edited by Dazzer1977; 07-03-2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• The figures are truly shocking, but not being competent in the field of accounts, I have no idea how the board plans to deal with it, nor do I have any idea what the ceiling is set by the board for expenditure. I'm sure they must've known what the likely debt would be with continued expenditure.

I leave the accounts kind of stuff to the board members. It's their money that's owed, bar £15m. I don't, however, believe that any board member was unaware of what the latest accounts would look like. They obviously know many things that we don't, so it's best left to them to deal with, rather than speculate and worry ourselves sick. Our job is to cheer on the team through thick and thin.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                    Only £15million is debt owed outside of the club to a bank as a working capital loan. No crippling 7% interest on any loans etc. why would the board call in a debt knowing the club couldn't pay it. Ill ignore any spin or press reports. Cardiff and others next season will far outweigh us but we'll still be the one in the headlines. Just wish our fan base would jump on board supporting the team as much as they do with regards to all the negative stuff printed. See you all at Birmingham on Saturday and Brighton on Tuesday for those who really give a sh1t about the club. Said my bit!
                    I'm with ya Dazzer pal *would put that cheers animation here but on me phone so it's too much hassle*
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                      Only £15million is debt owed outside of the club to a bank as a working capital loan. No crippling 7% interest on any loans etc. why would the board call in a debt knowing the club couldn't pay it. Ill ignore any spin or press reports. Cardiff and others next season will far outweigh us but we'll still be the one in the headlines. Just wish our fan base would jump on board supporting the team as much as they do with regards to all the negative stuff printed. See you all at Birmingham on Saturday and Brighton on Tuesday for those who really give a sh1t about the club. Said my bit!
                      Completely agree.

Comment

• i think one problem we'll have going forward is the amortisation of players' contracts - we spent over £40m in 2012/13 - but only a fraction of that has been put through the operating statement. put simply, rather than recognise the full cost of buying a player in the financial year that he gets bought, the purchase cost is amortised (spread evenly) across the operating statements for the duration of the player's contract or until he gets sold (even if he's sent out on loan).

so if we signed a player on a four-year contract for £8m in summer 2012 and paid him £50k a week (equal to £2.5m a year), then in the 2012-13 accounts his cost is £4.5m (£2m amortisation and £2.5m wages). say he then went on loan for this season with all his wages paid by the club that he's on loan to... there's still going to be a amortisation charge of £2m to this year's operating statement just just because he's under contract to us.

(and if, say, we terminate the contract of this player at the end of this season to cut costs, then in addition to any pay-off we'd need to give the player going to the operating statement, we'd also need to write off the remaining 2 years amortisation costs of £4m).

it's a horrible mess... if we spent £40m, then i'd guess around about £25m is still waiting to go through the books over the next couple of seasons...
                        Last edited by klonk; 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Very good post Daz.

Comment

• It seems the only people who are willing to accept its not a massive issue, are the people who actually understand accounts

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                              It seems the only people who are willing to accept its not a massive issue, are the people who actually understand accounts
                              Really? The issue isn't how much debt we have... it's that if we don't get promoted we'll have another 70M loss next year and another 70M loss the year after that. We have to start breaking even before we can even think about paying the debt back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izual_Rebirth View Post
                                Really? The issue isn't how much debt we have... it's that if we don't get promoted we'll have another 70M loss next year and another 70M loss the year after that. We have to start breaking even before we can even think about paying the debt back.
                                Its not our debt for god sake lol.. its the shareholders debt.. Have you read the statement. We now have Assets to sell..
                                The only debt we have is on wages, around 68 mill.. this is a lot I admit but its exactly the same amount as other clubs.. The shareholders aint gona get that money back and they know that.. They know and have said you have to make an investment in a new business.. our chairman has 3 business's, is extremely interactive with the fans and is an accountant.. Do you really think he is gona leave us in the sh1t?.. Your worrying over nothing and do not understand the facts or accounts

Comment

Working...
                                X