QPR accounts for 2012/13 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
    whats the point of keep bumping these threads up, yes we know we are in debt , wheres the story?
    The story is probably the fact that QPR's wage bill was more than Atlético Madrid's.

Mind you, it's only one of many horror stories in the full breakdown of Premier League expenditure that season: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...P=EMCFTBEML853

Still, it certainly brought English teams plenty of success in Europe, didn't it?

Oh.

Comment

• Originally posted by LanguedocFox View Post
      The story is probably the fact that QPR's wage bill was more than Atlético Madrid's.
      I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one who got it!

I think a sub-story is that the orgy of player salary spending that is the Premier League is not delivering the value that the marketers would have us believe. We are simply NOT the best and are gouging the fans till we bleed to prove it.
      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
        I think a sub-story is that the orgy of player salary spending that is the Premier League is not delivering the value that the marketers would have us believe. We are simply NOT the best and are gouging the fans till we bleed to prove it.
        Yes indeed. I'm naturally delighted that City have got there, and very pleased that they have capped wages (at Ł30K a week, FFS!) However, I suspect that ticket prices next year could be 25/30% more than this - and even more for the so-called 'big games'. Sadly, I doubt I ever am going to see another season as joyous as the one we've just enjoyed - things are changing.

That said, I'll be watching the playoffs with interest to see if you guys will be up there sharing the trough with us.

Comment

• So now we're back in the prem do people think we should invest in trying to stay up or take the money, pay off the debt and start again from the Championship in 2015 with a clean slate?

I'm just worried we're going to take on more players and get into more debt and get relegated again with players stuck on ridiculous wages.

Comment

• Just signed Rio. Can't imagine he's on cheap wages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Izual_Rebirth View Post
              Just signed Rio. Can't imagine he's on cheap wages.
              But surely he will be brilliant for us on and off the pitch and will save us from relegation. I mean that is exactly what the numerous previous big-name 30-going-on-40 signings did for us in the PL couple of seasons ago
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Just signed Rio. Can't imagine he's on cheap wages.
                Just a wild guess; about Ł63k per week.
                Could be higher or lower though, hard to say

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                  You should be a journo.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                    35k basic I thought.

SWP on double.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      You should be a journo.
                      I'm not inventive enough I'm afraid!

What I'm saying I suppose is that we'll never really know what the figure is, we would like it to be low and journalists and fans of other clubs would like it to be astronomical. The truth will be left behind as usual.

Comment

• Mail has it down as 70k a week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-000-week.html

Jesus. Making the same mistakes yet again. At this point if we go into admin it'll be well and truly our own fault.

Comment

Mail has it down as 70k a week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-000-week.html

Jesus. Making the same mistakes yet again. At this point if we go into admin it'll be well and truly our own fault.
                          It will somehow be the fault of sceptical fans like you and me. All the happy-clappy fans who inundate Tony's Twitter account with ego-massaging messages of support for whatever the club chooses to do/sign will of course assume zero guilt.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            It will somehow be the fault of sceptical fans like you and me. All the happy-clappy fans who inundate Tony's Twitter account with ego-massaging messages of support for whatever the club chooses to do/sign will of course assume zero guilt.
                            Pretty much exactly me sentiments. Same happened with Portsmouth when they were signing the likes of Defoe and Campell and Muntari on huge wages. Everyone got swept up in the excitement of signing "big" players and didn't care about what the long term repercussions would be. I just pray to god we stay up this coming season...

Comment

• Oh FFS.. wish the downers would pipedown on this signing.. Totally different with Rio this time around.

Not to mention none of you dullards actually know his wages.

Does my head in

Comment

• Think you've just proven a point mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X