QPR & Leicester head list of clubs readying legal action against FFP rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR & Leicester head list of clubs readying legal action against FFP rules

rumour has it we are one of several clubs challanging the legality of this.

interesting but heavy read.
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ootball-league
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Bl**dy good job too. How they can try to implement this which imo is biased in favour of the big clubs. The pyramid system may as well be scrapped

Comment

QPR and Leicester head list of clubs ready for legal action against FFP rules

The Football League are facing a revolt over financial fair play, with clubs threatening legal action unless the rules are substantially reformed.

It is believed 10 clubs from the Championship and one from League One — a group including Leicester, Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn and QPR — are behind a strongly-worded letter written to Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey from Manchester law firm Brabners.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...FFP-rules.html

Comment

Absolute no brainer.

The authorities will be taken to school in the courtroom. There is absolutely no way these ridiculous so called FPP rules will stand up.

Rules that prevent a businessman from investing in his business are legal? Get a grip!
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Absolute no brainer.

The authorities will be taken to school in the courtroom. There is absolutely no way these ridiculous so called FPP rules will stand up.

Rules that prevent a businessman from investing in his business are legal? Get a grip!
          I think the lawyer who represented Jean-Marc Bosman is heading a case against the implementation of FFP using the same argument you cite.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

We are being talking about businessmen who have the best lawyers working for them. Its scaremongering, it wont ever stand in the court of law.
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Yet more problems ahead??

Reading the match report in The Mail on Sunday this morning,it digresses from the action itself and throws this in for good measure.

"QPR are haemorrhaging cash but how much precisely remains secret.The club were due to file their accounts for the 2012-13 season on Friday but they did not and Companies House records now show them as overdue.A whopping loss for last season,perhaps as much as £80m,is anticipated,with further big losses expected.All this will add up to future punishment under the Football League's new financial fair play rules.A big fine and/or a transfer ban lies ahead."

Is it me,or is this old news from around a year ago,or something fresh to concern ourselves about?

Comment

Didn't think the FFP rules apply to us this year?

Comment

More tosh

Comment

Unworkable and surely preventing an owner investing in his business breaks the restriction of trade laws?.

And why should clubs have their finances restricted?.

No other business's do.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                      Unworkable and surely preventing an owner investing in his business breaks the restriction of trade laws?.

And why should clubs have their finances restricted?.

No other business's do.
                      100% correct.

And add to that the fact that teams like Man Utd, Man City, and Chelsea have all established their current position by doing exactly what these new rules ban! These rules would therefore effectively lock in their currently advantageous position in the industry. That is so wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start!
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRBrad View Post
                        Didn't think the FFP rules apply to us this year?
                        they didn't apply to anyone based on last year's accounts. they'll apply to the accounts covering clubs' expenditure during this season. in theory (assuming we breach the rules and the rules survive any court process), it's a (hefty) fine if we get promoted or a transfer embargo (from the january window onwards) if we don't.

Comment

Working...
                        X