Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TF/board members must have something up their collective sleeves....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    like that would solve anything...... one day someone with responsibility for the club may just start thinking long term. On the park - ie where it matters - there has been no evidence of this under TF.

A supporters trust buy out is a lovely dream but the amount required is beyond that ambition. Plus courtesy of Tracy Island development plans other corporations now have a financial interest which will have to be satisfied. You couldn't make it up, the worst thing is it was all so blindingly obvious.
    TF needs to act now for a better tomorrow Get rid of HR and his old boys brigade now and give the new man a chance to plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Players like Bannan and Hoolahan would also have made a difference,imo.
      Can't disagree with that, Shania.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
        The player we should have gone for in my opinion, was Jordan Rhodes. He would have cost something in the region of £8-11million, but would have guaranteed us as many goals as we would have expected from Austin for the remainder of the season, had he been fit.
        Ntep, even at a relatively cheap £5million, would have been a gamble. At this late stage in the proceedings, the one thing a football club like ours, with the aspirations we have, should not be doing, is taking a gamble on a relatively unknown foreign player.
        I agree Rhodes would have been a great signing but if were talking 11million quid im glad we never done that deal as he is not worth that amount of money.

There are also no guarantees in football his previous record suggests he would have scored but what, if it has been the case with many previous Rangers signings, he came in and never scored and lived up to expectations that's alot of dough wasted.

Add to that Harry saying Rhodes was never on his radar (from the horses mouth) how can we then say it was because TF tightened the purse strings don't think that is a fair accusation

Were a championship club this season and no championship club should be spending 11mil on one player I am afraid fans need to remember our true size and the division were in.

Had Rhodes been available for 4 or 5 mil and we had not done the deal I would question like you have but at 11mil no thanks look elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          TF needs to act now for a better tomorrow Get rid of HR and his old boys brigade now and give the new man a chance to plan.
          Have to agree with this. For two reasons.

Firstly, if we are in the play offs, do we really want HR in charge, or someone that knows what they're doing?

Secondly, we really cannot afford to mess about and bring the new manager without giving him time to plan. We really cannot afford a repeat of this season, next season. Appointing Redknapp has cost this club far more than most appreciate.

Wish he would just do the decent thing and resign. Holloway had the guts to do it at Palace when he was struggling to motivate players. I'm sure it was hard for him, but I bet he will be remembered for doing the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Wish he would just do the decent thing and resign. Holloway had the guts to do it at Palace when he was struggling to motivate players. I'm sure it was hard for him, but I bet he will be remembered for doing the right thing.
            Couldn't agree more and if rumours are to be believed then hopefully the over egged fool will be gone today... Fingers crossed...

Comment

Working...
            X