Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TF/board members must have something up their collective sleeves....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF/board members must have something up their collective sleeves....

Surely they must have a contingency plan they can't just let us lose week in week out and look so shameful in the process.....

That tweet the other day was very telling in my book.... Sort it or you're on borrowed time....

They must have something to fall back on as surely Harry et al can't be untouchable....

Personally after watching that lame attempt at winning a football match I hope we don't go up as we'll probably come straight back down....

So many of those loan players didn't look nowhere near hungry enough.... It seems that we are in a downward tailspin with Harry's mates and grace N favour pay off loanees from Spuds....

Tom Carroll is nowhere near up to the job and was totally ineffectual from where I was sitting and as for Doyle well.. Insert anything from the Boycott bingo game on TMS....

I really can't be bothered to continue commenting on individual players as it's too depressing....

Huge away support and a lovely day, it was all set up for Harry and the team to show us what they are made of and alas it's not the stuff of a team that can gain promotion....

I do hope that they are sounding out Malky MacKay or someone munch younger and who hasn't got half an eye on improving his golf handicap and working for Sky as a pundit.....
    Last edited by BuffooneRy; 23-02-2014, 12:20 AM.

If it cheers you up I think he has 3 games or he's gone. Thats just my thoughts on it, but the next couple of games will be the tell tale sign.

Comment

I'd be surprised if the board made a management change. It's still possible we could get promoted and HR will probably be given the chance to complete the job.

Besides, HR is a media darling. If he got the push while we're still in the mix, TF would get slaughtered. He'd be compared to the madman that owns Cardiff.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        I'd be surprised if the board made a management change. It's still possible we could get promoted and HR will probably be given the chance to complete the job.

Besides, HR is a media darling. If he got the push while we're still in the mix, TF would get slaughtered. He'd be compared to the madman that owns Cardiff.
        Media should have nothing to do with it, this board are wealthy hardened businessmen their priority must be the well being of the club not how they look in the newspaper.
        Their decision making cannot be fettered by such factors, if so the board must go as I wouldn't trust them with a quarter billion pound building project on the basis they may get teary eyed over a few headlines in the papers.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
          Media should have nothing to do with it, this board are wealthy hardened businessmen their priority must be the well being of the club not how they look in the newspaper.
          Their decision making cannot be fettered by such factors, if so the board must go as I wouldn't trust them with a quarter billion pound building project on the basis they may get teary eyed over a few headlines in the papers.
          The point I'm trying to make is that there would be lots of questions asked about the competence of TF if he got rid of a manager at this stage of the season when we're still in the mix for promotion. It would harm his reputation as a sensible businessman and prone to knee-jerk reactions. This could have a knock-on effect in his other business activities.

Personally, I think we have to go with HR because it's too late in the season to make the change if we are to have any hope of going up. A new guy would have to hit the ground running and that would be extremely difficult.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

It's still possible we could get promoted
            like that would solve anything...... one day someone with responsibility for the club may just start thinking long term. On the park - ie where it matters - there has been no evidence of this under TF.

A supporters trust buy out is a lovely dream but the amount required is beyond that ambition. Plus courtesy of Tracy Island development plans other corporations now have a financial interest which will have to be satisfied. You couldn't make it up, the worst thing is it was all so blindingly obvious.

Comment

Even having slept on it I'm still convinced that we won't get promoted with Harry and his old stagers at the helm.....

It was so disappointing with such a great turnout from Rangers fans to be served up what was the football equivalent of cold tripe.....

I know there will be plenty who will point to the fact that we are still in a decent position in the league etc but, I've been watching football long enough to know that Harry is a busted flush and were he Rosie we'd be taking the poor old thing to the nearest vet to be put out of its misery.....!!

Comment

Yes and no rich as I think all media, pundits and fans have decided that this squad should not only be going up but going up at a canter but they have watched us go from first to second to third and now fourth. They all now say were playing poorly and from being tipped as the fancy side all are jumping ship and backing others

Since we lost at Derby there has been a growing campaign on Talksport that Harry has failed and think more and more people are now questioning his impact/ability etc

Hes a media darling but there are just as many media men out there that have a dislike of Harry that became apparent over the England job

I must say since December I can now see why Levy got shot of Harry and knew he was not the man to take Spurs on. He always has one or two players carrying his sides when you look back Merson and Sheringham at Pompey Bale at Spurs Austin this season puts all his eggs in one basket

Comment

Gold watches!

Comment

So where is the perfect manager then, with 100% everything that will come here, is he about anywhere on planet earth?

Comment

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if they actually know what they are doing.
                      I love Tony Fernandes as a person, but he doesn't seem to know when to loosen the purse strings, and when to tighten them.
                      The January window wasn't the right time to tighten the purse strings, considering what had just happened to Charlie Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        I love Tony Fernandes as a person, but he doesn't seem to know when to loosen the purse strings, and when to tighten them.
                        The January window wasn't the right time to tighten the purse strings, considering what had just happened to Charlie Austin.
                        Why do you think they were tightened in January perhaps the player we wanted was just not available. There was money for Ntep so I don't think we were tight just could not get who we were after

Comment

I don't think he did . The board from what we all know were prepared to shell out for ntep (5 million quid) . Harry and his cronies just left it so late that when the **** fell out of it there was no back up lined up . The January **** up was not the fault of tf it was the fault of hr and his "team" . Absolutely no excuses at all he's known we need a proper striker with or without charlie so to not bring in a top player is beyond belief

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Why do you think they were tightened in January perhaps the player we wanted was just not available. There was money for Ntep so I don't think we were tight just could not get who we were after
                            The player we should have gone for in my opinion, was Jordan Rhodes. He would have cost something in the region of £8-11million, but would have guaranteed us as many goals as we would have expected from Austin for the remainder of the season, had he been fit.
                            Ntep, even at a relatively cheap £5million, would have been a gamble. At this late stage in the proceedings, the one thing a football club like ours, with the aspirations we have, should not be doing, is taking a gamble on a relatively unknown foreign player.

Comment

The player we should have gone for in my opinion, was Jordan Rhodes. He would have cost something in the region of £8-11million, but would have guaranteed us as many goals as we would have expected from Austin for the remainder of the season, had he been fit.
                              Ntep, even at a relatively cheap £5million, would have been a gamble. At this late stage in the proceedings, the one thing a football club like ours, with the aspirations we have, should not be doing, is taking a gamble on a relatively unknown foreign player.
                              Players like Bannan and Hoolahan would also have made a difference,imo.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X