3-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-3

Fantastic game for the neutrals. At least we kept our advantage on Burnley. However, we should have won this one. Our defence were not at their best. Green was static in all three goals, although their goals were good tbh. Eketto had a nightmare....gave away the third goal and caught in possession at least twice that both could have cost us. The new signing looks good, especially Doyle. Traore, Barton and Holliet were very good today. Overall, a very good fighting performance. If only we play more simply and do not complicate play, we are with a good chance. But still a long way.

I think that was 2 points dropped but a draw's not the end of the world, particularly as we were 3-2 down and Burnley were still looking dangerous.

Defensively we must improve.

Comment

Too many offensive midfielders who doesn't defend good enough imo.. Can't really play Traore, Kranjcar and Hoilet together.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        Fantastic game for the neutrals. At least we kept our advantage on Burnley. However, we should have won this one. Our defence were not at their best. Green was static in all three goals, although their goals were good tbh. Eketto had a nightmare....gave away the third goal and caught in possession at least twice that both could have cost us. The new signing looks good, especially Doyle. Traore, Barton and Holliet were very good today. Overall, a very good fighting performance. If only we play more simply and do not complicate play, we are with a good chance. But still a long way.
        I watched QPR v Burnley, what did you? Traore was very good first half but faded badly second half and lost the ball for their second goal. Hoilett was cr*p all the game except between 80-90 minutes when he suddenly waked up. Barton had a very poor game and should have been taken off after 15 minutes.
        But an entertaining game and a point was quite good result after all.
        Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          I watched QPR v Burnley, what did you? Traore was very good first half but faded badly second half and lost the ball for their second goal. Hoilett was cr*p all the game except between 80-90 minutes when he suddenly waked up. Barton had a very poor game and should have been taken off after 15 minutes.
          Barton improved second half, but hard to criticise too harshly as he was doing the work of a midfield that until recently had three CM's in. Krancjar was poor I thought.

Comment

I watched QPR v Burnley. Barton was fine I thought. We'd have lost without his fight in midfield.

Comment

Hoilett started slowly but improved a lot. Traore did put in a lot of crosses, and Barton won many balls in our half. The problem with our team is that we complicate things when a single pass may make a difference.

Comment

I think we have to remember this is a bit of a transition period with all of the injuries and new signings, it wikk take a bit for Harry to figure who he wants to play and how! Burnley looked a more settled team and at times strolled through our midfield and defence, I'm not sure our midfield had enough teeth in it!
                @gatorTFC

Comment

Barton was fantastic today... Dunno wat u were watching. The barton/Kranc axis completely dominated, we wouldve won this game easy had our fullbacks done their job properly. 3 crosses 3 goals tho u have to applaud Ings/Vokes who were superb.

All in all a brilliant game, and lots of positives for us to take out.

Comment

very cynical side Burnley but it works so fair play to them

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                      Barton was fantastic today... Dunno wat u were watching. The barton/Kranc axis completely dominated, we wouldve won this game easy had our fullbacks done their job properly. 3 crosses 3 goals tho u have to applaud Ings/Vokes who were superb.

I have to disagree with the Good Doc on this one as well, I thought Barton was very solid, especially as the match went on and we had to get control in the midfield!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Traore did more than enough defensively for a winger. It's Hoilet who wasn't running back when they had possession. Also Onuoha wasn't great at right back and giving the wingers too much space by sitting back instead of being right in their faces. He was too scared of being turned. Obviously Hoilet leaving him exposed all the time didn't help. I feel next game he has to go with Hughes.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          not many neutrals on here....at least there shouldn't be....we need to win home games and beat teams around us

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Spot on!

Comment

Midfield overran. Lucky to draw against a better team who played football. The positive is we did not give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X