...continued OOC talk **moved from WF thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...continued OOC talk **moved from WF thread**

Fans against a new stadium seem to assume that the choice is new stadium v staying more or less as we are. But I don't think that is the choice. Stay as we are and no serious owner will want to remain involved. Investment will dry up. Debt will mount and on our current fanbase/ stadium size we would be lucky to survive, let alone as a Championship club. It took a Herculian effort to get out of League One with no money last time. I wouldn't bet on being able to escape again.

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    Fans against a new stadium seem to assume that the choice is new stadium v staying more or less as we are. But I don't think that is the choice. Stay as we are and no serious owner will want to remain involved. Investment will dry up. Debt will mount and on our current fanbase/ stadium size we would be lucky to survive, let alone as a Championship club. It took a Herculian effort to get out of League One with no money last time. I wouldn't bet on being able to escape again.
    So all Championship, League 1, League 2 clubs will be lucky to survive without investment? They are all doomed? With the wage structure increase since these billionaires took over we now rely on them to make up the players wages on a weekly basis...and for what? Is it really that much better watching rangers now than it was before they got involved? I know the promise of a new stadium and "Champions League in 4 years" (remember that?) excites some fans and thats fine. Whatever floats their boat but sometimes the grass isnt always greener. Just be careful what you wish for or otherwise you might well wake up one day and find yourself supporting a club that bears no recognition to the one that a lot of us have supported for decades.

Comment

just out of interest v block have you got short legs? becouse every fan i know over 5 foot 2 wants more leg room
      Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
        So all Championship, League 1, League 2 clubs will be lucky to survive without investment? They are all doomed? With the wage structure increase since these billionaires took over we now rely on them to make up the players wages on a weekly basis...and for what? Is it really that much better watching rangers now than it was before they got involved? I know the promise of a new stadium and "Champions League in 4 years" (remember that?) excites some fans and thats fine. Whatever floats their boat but sometimes the grass isnt always greener. Just be careful what you wish for or otherwise you might well wake up one day and find yourself supporting a club that bears no recognition to the one that a lot of us have supported for decades.
        Take your point mate but the gulf in football is growing and growing. The idea that we could come from nowhere, more or less on a shoe-string, and come within a whisker of being crowned Champions of England is now a fantasy. One by one other clubs will be taken over by ambitious, wealthy owners and be transformed. Think we have more or less made the choice already. How many players do we have on huge wages? And the Jan window has hardly opened and most fans are demanding Tony gets his chequebook out and signs superstar strikers because none of the cheap ones are apparently good enough. We can't as fans have it both ways - brilliant players and success but staying in little ol' Loftus Rd with the same old boys we have been sitting with for 30 odd years. I'm probably as sentimental about the place and the memories as you are - I think of both my parents who took me there when I was a kid, and both are now dead for instance, or taking my now wife on one of our first dates to a bore 0-0 draw with Ipswich (not a good move) - but if we want whats best for the club I think you have to hope it progresses. Talk to Arsenal fans for instance and yes after a few beers they will get all sentimental about Highbury but mostly they are incredibly proud of the new stadium and how their club has grown. I think most of us would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by nuffieldranger View Post
          just out of interest v block have you got short legs? becouse every fan i know over 5 foot 2 wants more leg room
          I'm 5ft 11" mate and is the fact that there isnt much legroom reason enough to uproot the club and its history from where it has been its home for nearly 100 years? (bar a couple of attempts at White City). Sitting in X block yesterday there was a woman in front of me sitting in 2 seats because she said "the seating is far too small" but really it was because her #### was far to big. Yes its an old stadium that hasnt had no money spent on it apart from painting the bogs and doing up the corporate bits for years and years. Room is restricted (did you know that the club bought 40 or 50 houses in Loftus Road and Ellerslie Road back in the 50's?) but its a ground that i am proud of.

Comment

Take your point mate but the gulf in football is growing and growing. The idea that we could come from nowhere, more or less on a shoe-string, and come within a whisker of being crowned Champions of England is now a fantasy. One by one other clubs will be taken over by ambitious, wealthy owners and be transformed. Think we have more or less made the choice already. How many players do we have on huge wages? And the Jan window has hardly opened and most fans are demanding Tony gets his chequebook out and signs superstar strikers because none of the cheap ones are apparently good enough. We can't as fans have it both ways - brilliant players and success but staying in little ol' Loftus Rd with the same old boys we have been sitting with for 30 odd years. I'm probably as sentimental about the place and the memories as you are - I think of both my parents who took me there when I was a kid, and both are now dead for instance, or taking my now wife on one of our first dates to a bore 0-0 draw with Ipswich (not a good move) - but if we want whats best for the club I think you have to hope it progresses. Talk to Arsenal fans for instance and yes after a few beers they will get all sentimental about Highbury but mostly they are incredibly proud of the new stadium and how their club has grown. I think most of us would be the same.
            Probably right about that last sentence and also about it being too late for us. We now rely on the devil we danced with because without them we couldnt pay a weeks wages. How sad is that? Can certainly see why other clubs fans hate us and take the mickey. It's like we did a Chelsea or a Man City but was sh1t at it.

Comment

Probably right about that last sentence and also about it being too late for us. We now rely on the devil we danced with because without them we couldnt pay a weeks wages. How sad is that? Can certainly see why other clubs fans hate us and take the mickey. It's like we did a Chelsea or a Man City but was sh1t at it.
              This club was lurching from one crisis to another. We badly needed a cash injection.

Take your point about doing a Man City on the cheap and agree really - would just say that so far at least the board hasn't done a Pompey and walked away. Tony has admitted his mistakes and tried to put them right.

Comment

I'm 5ft 11" mate and is the fact that there isnt much legroom reason enough to uproot the club and its history from where it has been its home for nearly 100 years? (bar a couple of attempts at White City). Sitting in X block yesterday there was a woman in front of me sitting in 2 seats because she said "the seating is far too small" but really it was because her #### was far to big. Yes its an old stadium that hasnt had no money spent on it apart from painting the bogs and doing up the corporate bits for years and years. Room is restricted (did you know that the club bought 40 or 50 houses in Loftus Road and Ellerslie Road back in the 50's?) but its a ground that i am proud of.
                The point about the woman using two seats is prove that loftus road is run down and out-dated.I also know a woman who was sat across two seats in x block, and she isn't a big girl!

Comment

We're not all short arses like you vblock

Comment

New stadium talk - moved from WF thread

We agreed to keep these topics apart...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                      We're not all short arses like you vblock
                      LOl good point :-)

Comment

Good post that. Especially like the ref to players and some who post opposition to the plans still want a certain standard of player. Me i don't want the club to have to buy from Saffron Walden town or get players in the
                        likes of Gregory had to survive on, and i started following Rangers in the old 1st division, and want to see us up against star studded Utd's, City's and Chelsea's not to marvel at their players so much as see us beat em

Comment

Working...
                        X