Additions desperately needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additions desperately needed

I find it a bit worrying to see Fernandes tweet that 'we only need one more addition' and that we have a 'great squad'. I would say that we're three or four players short of a side capable of achieving automatic promotion. Zamora and Johnson are both finished and so we need at least two new strikers, one to partner Austin and one to provide cover. We also require a left-winger to replace Junior Toilet, who offers nothing other than the ability to whack the ball into an opposing defender's shins. I think we also need another creative midfielder, since Carroll is absolutely useless. The defence is very solid, but in order to finish inside the top two you need firepower, which we just don't have.

Have run out of patience with Hoilett.

If the chance comes to move him on then we should do imo.

Comment

Would far prefer one really top striker than four average players. Surely we have learned our lesson about going for quantity over quality. Tony clearly isn't in the mood to chuck another 20m at it. If he is looking to spend 4/5m far prefer it to be on one good striker. In an ideal world I agree I wd also like a creative midfielder (Ince) as have been underwhelmed by Carroll from the start but no point if it means bringing in just another body who is not much better than the also-rans we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Would far prefer one really top striker than four average players. Surely we have learned our lesson about going for quantity over quality. Tony clearly isn't in the mood to chuck another 20m at it. If he is looking to spend 4/5m far prefer it to be on one good striker. In an ideal world I agree I wd also like a creative midfielder (Ince) as have been underwhelmed by Carroll from the start but no point if it means bringing in just another body who is not much better than the also-rans we already have.
        I'm not suggesting that we bring in four average players. I'm suggesting that we need four good players. Perhaps a couple of loanees. Whether this happens depends on how serious the Board is about promotion this season.

Comment

Carroll & Benayon similar sideways passers, O'Neil defensive, Hoilett and Phillips ineffective.
          Would it be possible to coach our midfield to a more attacking and forward-going play or do we have to buy more midfielders?

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
            I'm not suggesting that we bring in four average players. I'm suggesting that we need four good players. Perhaps a couple of loanees. Whether this happens depends on how serious the Board is about promotion this season.
            Well if the board will stump up the cash and the good players are available then great, I agree, but our recent history would suggest we wd just bring in a few misfits who aren't wanted elsewhere and don't really improve us - far prefer us to break the bank on one striker that other clubs actually WANT. Tom Carroll was a loan who came highly rated and look at him. Judging by Tony's quote Harry is going to have to get a lot more out of what he already has.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Well if the board will stump up the cash and the good players are available then great, I agree, but our recent history would suggest we wd just bring in a few misfits who aren't wanted elsewhere and don't really improve us - far prefer us to break the bank on one striker that other clubs actually WANT. Tom Carroll was a loan who came highly rated and look at him. Judging by Tony's quote Harry is going to have to get a lot more out of what he already has.
              Simply pay the ref a bit more money than the opposition,Howard Webb certainly got a nice wedge today from Chelscum

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                Have run out of patience with Hoilett.

If the chance comes to move him on then we should do imo.
                And me mate . SWP mark 2 , doesn't shoot can't pass and runs to ball out of play cos he's too thick to do anything else . Robbing a wage off of us ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Simply pay the ref a bit more money than the opposition,Howard Webb certainly got a nice wedge today from Chelscum
                  Got away with a couple of shockers today.

Remember the Marin challenge when we played them earlier this year?

Comment

Hoilett has become a liability to the team. The opponents do not have to think how to break a Rangers attack.....when the ball is passed to JH, he always pass it to them!

Comment

Its getting like whenever hoilett gets the ball the whole of the other eleven players of the opposing side can walk off for a tea break or a fag. Blokes probably the worst player we have had in a long time, and by that i mean with the reputation he came with. Six million to stoke last window anyone? Wouldnt get six pence now.

Comment

Fark it. Get the cheque book out and sign that lad Rhodes. Scored another 2 today. Come on uncle tony you only live once mate. Would be the difference between success and failure

Comment

Im going to be a dissenting voice on Hoillett and say first half he put two or three decent balls into the box which if Austin was on the pitch he would have been on the end of but sods law the time we put the ball in we have no striker

Carroll for me is the major concern offers nothing going forwards or defending were carrying him big time

Comment

No goals in the last 3 matches says it all.

We should have ditch the Hair Bear Johnson to Palace when we had a chance.

Comment

Agree with this, two forwards needed - One to start along side Charlie and one prospect/back up!

Hoilett looks absolute shite, really need a left winger who can run at the defence and deliver a decent cross.

Comment

Working...
                              X