No announcement yet.

Barton on his red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some refs can't get Barton in their books quick enough. It makes you wonder if they have a sweepstake going at refs meetings or something more sinister like Asian bookies....
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      You cannot appeal a sending off for two yellows.
      Whilst I agree that it was all a bit lame, the only person at fault here is Barton. He gave the ref the chance and boy did he take it. The arm/elbow across the face was, shall we say accidental, but it is a yellow card all day long for raising the arm. The defender wasn't faking in any way as the clash drew blood - so sufficient force to warrant the foul and the yellow. The second card was all about Barton's arrogance/petulance. He knows you get booked for kicking the ball away and also for kicking it directly at an opposition player and that's exactly what he did - right after the first card and right under the ref's nose. It was like watching a naughty schoolboy throw his toys after getting caught picking his nose.
      Barton and Barton alone is responsible for the reputation that precedes him and that makes him a liability because everyone is out "to get him" in one way or another. If he had changed his ways then he would have learnt to keep under the radar but he can't do it. The ref called Hill over in the first half to lay the ground on Barton and a week or two ago Barton was ticking like a time bomb as well. You may say the fact he calmed down that day is proof enough that he has changed whereas I say it was just lucky half time came when it did and he got away with it.
      I don't deny that he has been an asset on the pitch this season - but this is a level below the PL so you would hope so and whilst this is his first red of the season, remember he has already collected his quota of yellows for an automatic ban.
      I continue to be in the middle ground on Barton - not sure if the football ability is sufficient to cover the inevitable cautions, red cards and negative press.
      Oops.

Good post Bluehoop and that pretty much sums him up for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        You cannot appeal a sending off for two yellows.
        Whilst I agree that it was all a bit lame, the only person at fault here is Barton. He gave the ref the chance and boy did he take it. The arm/elbow across the face was, shall we say accidental, but it is a yellow card all day long for raising the arm. The defender wasn't faking in any way as the clash drew blood - so sufficient force to warrant the foul and the yellow. The second card was all about Barton's arrogance/petulance. He knows you get booked for kicking the ball away and also for kicking it directly at an opposition player and that's exactly what he did - right after the first card and right under the ref's nose. It was like watching a naughty schoolboy throw his toys after getting caught picking his nose.
        Barton and Barton alone is responsible for the reputation that precedes him and that makes him a liability because everyone is out "to get him" in one way or another. If he had changed his ways then he would have learnt to keep under the radar but he can't do it. The ref called Hill over in the first half to lay the ground on Barton and a week or two ago Barton was ticking like a time bomb as well. You may say the fact he calmed down that day is proof enough that he has changed whereas I say it was just lucky half time came when it did and he got away with it.
        I don't deny that he has been an asset on the pitch this season - but this is a level below the PL so you would hope so and whilst this is his first red of the season, remember he has already collected his quota of yellows for an automatic ban.
        I continue to be in the middle ground on Barton - not sure if the football ability is sufficient to cover the inevitable cautions, red cards and negative press.
        Good post Blue. I'd agree with most of it except to say there have been clear signs of improvement with his temperament issues this season. But it's still very much a work in progress for him, which to be fair to him he now fully admits and receives counselling for.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Good post Blue. I'd agree with most of it except to say there have been clear signs of improvement with his temperament issues this season. But it's still very much a work in progress for him, which to be fair to him he now fully admits and receives counselling for.
          Agree Stanley. I was one of those that was happy to hang him out to dry after City and was glad to see him off to France. I didn't want him back and expected nothing but trouble when he returned. But, to be fair, the improvement has been palpable and fair play to him for that. My problem is simply that all the history makes him a liability and I can't decide if his on pitch ability is enough to cover that aspect. Counselling is clearly helping but I think he would be best served by giving up that ****** Twitter account.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

He had a proper Ref, Captain and Player talking to in the first half because he was gobbing off. He then got a deserved yellow for an arm across the face. He then got a deserved yellow for kicking the ball at a player in a tantrum....... right under the nose of the ref.

So. TBH. I don't really understand why he is complaining...... when in fact he should be apologising to the fans for being a twonk - and undoubtedly contributing to our first loss at home this season.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
              He had a proper Ref, Captain and Player talking to in the first half because he was gobbing off.
              I was watching that closely and noticed that Clint didnt say a word to Joey, the ref did all the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                I was watching that closely and noticed that Clint didnt say a word to Joey, the ref did all the talking.
                No he didn't i agree ...he was ...i thought telling the ref that BAE got the ball

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                  No, I agree he has been much better this season. Can't really help thinking "same old Joey" though after Saturday. I can't be the only QPR fan who gets frustrated and disappointed when he gets himself sent off stupidly.

My main point though is not about his temperament, it's about the carp he insists on Twittering in his defence.
                  you're not
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Working...
                  X