Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton on his red

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

Not if you spend it making the same mistake over and over......

Comment

barton has been quality for us this season. one mistake and all the old grumps come out from under their rocks to mouth off.

at least he wants to play for this club unlike your darling tarrabt.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Steady on - bad morning?

Not "mouthing off", or making any remark on his performances for us, which I agree have been excellent. Taraabt isn't my darling either - I haven't praised or defended him on here don't want him anywhere near LR, thank you very much.

I'm just frustrated with JB for posting that particular sound bite on Twitter. It makes him look foolish (to me) - OK, he makes mistakes, we all do, but most of us learn from them FFS.

Comment

Joey...

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
            I'm just frustrated with JB for posting that particular sound bite on Twitter. It makes him look foolish (to me) - OK, he makes mistakes, we all do, but most of us learn from them FFS.
            Who is to say he has not learnt from his mistakes?

Do you not think his temperament has greatly improved since his return to the club this season?

I think you would be in a minority if you believe it has not.

Comment

No, I agree he has been much better this season. Can't really help thinking "same old Joey" though after Saturday. I can't be the only QPR fan who gets frustrated and disappointed when he gets himself sent off stupidly.

My main point though is not about his temperament, it's about the carp he insists on Twittering in his defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                No, I agree he has been much better this season. Can't really help thinking "same old Joey" though after Saturday. I can't be the only QPR fan who gets frustrated and disappointed when he gets himself sent off stupidly.

My main point though is not about his temperament, it's about the carp he insists on Twittering in his defence.
                Was he "getting himself sent off stupidly" or was it another case of refs allowing themselves to be prejudiced by his reputation, as Kevin Bond also said?

Regarding him defending himself, he was bound to do that because a) he felt it was wholly unjustified and b) he's so opinionated!

Comment

Didn't get himself sent off. The ref wanted to send him off and would have found a reason. In fact he did, because there wasn't one.

Hard to believe, but that ref delivered a worse performance than some of those that went before him.

Almost as bad as we were.

Comment

Was he "getting himself sent off stupidly" or was it another case of refs allowing themselves to be prejudiced by his reputation, as Kevin Bond also said?
                    The former.

If he didn't keep trying to ref matches, he'd be a bit more under their radar.

Comment

Not sure if you've all seen it but watch the sending off again if you get a chance. There's a bloke in the first row of Ellerslie Road in a green long jacket who looks like he is going to take off the way he's flapping. Luckily there wasn't a strong tail wind or that he never dropped his guts otherwise he would of flew straight over into the South Africa Road Stand. It had me in hysterics watching it over and over again.

Comment

Agree with the great man ...ridiculous, and we will bounce back....no-one else on the pitch would have received a red for that on saturday

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Agree with the great man ...ridiculous, and we will bounce back....no-one else on the pitch would have received a red for that on saturday
                          Absolutely right no other player would have got sent off for that, another stupid stupid decision from an Official. If they were a sending off then its 6 a side for the rest of the season.

Comment

He kicked the ball at the opposition player. I agree that a second yellow for that may seem harsh and very likely wouldn't have been a problem 5 years ago but the game (and refereeing) has changed. Referees are no longer able to use their common sense, or maybe they don't have any these days, but it was seen as a yellow card offence. If the decision was that bad, the club should appeal it. But they wont, because they know there is no defence for it.

Comment

You cannot appeal a sending off for two yellows.
                              Whilst I agree that it was all a bit lame, the only person at fault here is Barton. He gave the ref the chance and boy did he take it. The arm/elbow across the face was, shall we say accidental, but it is a yellow card all day long for raising the arm. The defender wasn't faking in any way as the clash drew blood - so sufficient force to warrant the foul and the yellow. The second card was all about Barton's arrogance/petulance. He knows you get booked for kicking the ball away and also for kicking it directly at an opposition player and that's exactly what he did - right after the first card and right under the ref's nose. It was like watching a naughty schoolboy throw his toys after getting caught picking his nose.
                              Barton and Barton alone is responsible for the reputation that precedes him and that makes him a liability because everyone is out "to get him" in one way or another. If he had changed his ways then he would have learnt to keep under the radar but he can't do it. The ref called Hill over in the first half to lay the ground on Barton and a week or two ago Barton was ticking like a time bomb as well. You may say the fact he calmed down that day is proof enough that he has changed whereas I say it was just lucky half time came when it did and he got away with it.
                              I don't deny that he has been an asset on the pitch this season - but this is a level below the PL so you would hope so and whilst this is his first red of the season, remember he has already collected his quota of yellows for an automatic ban.
                              I continue to be in the middle ground on Barton - not sure if the football ability is sufficient to cover the inevitable cautions, red cards and negative press.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X