No announcement yet.

Applauding Barton after sending off ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applauding Barton after sending off ???

I know he's been our best midfielder this year and we desperatly need him on the pitch .....

But why does he get a standing ovation for his petulant actions ??? He was at the ref all game and was nailed on for a card ....that coupled with his reputation .

Its not like he saved a goal scoring opportunity or 'took one for the team ' !! This was the actions of a spoilt brat who thinks he's above the law ....

Got F all to do with ' he's a passionate player etc ...heart on sleeve '

By the way I thought it was harsh ....but knowing his reputation he should use his head a bit more !!!

He seems beyond criticism these days. Imagine Carroll had been sent off in the exact same circumstances? He would be crucified. Yes, Barton has been fantastic this season for the most part, but he was $hit yesterday and got himself send off in a pathetic manner when we needed him most.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      He seems beyond criticism these days. Imagine Carroll had been sent off in the exact same circumstances? He would be crucified. Yes, Barton has been fantastic this season for the most part, but he was $hit yesterday and got himself send off in a pathetic manner when we needed him most.

Nail on the head. Despite all his words he's still a loose cannon and lets us down when we need him.

He's just a prat who's found his level in the championship.... IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Maybe its because we are where we are in the table due Joeys performances.

Where as we are where we are despite Carrolls performances.

Comment

It's not things like this we need to cut out of our fanbase, its the negative stuff. Gary O'neil got booked yesterday, one bloke behind me shouted "**** off back to Tottenham"... yep Tottenham. Phillips missed the one on one, Same bloke said "How did Austin miss that, f'in useless" Also had two 12 year olds openly shouting negative things at Tom Carroll. Not once did any of those people join in on any song. On our day, we have one of the best supports in the country, however we also have a massive bunch of idiots that all they want to do is criticize everything. We could be top of the Premier League and be 5-0 up against Chelsea, they would still moaning.

i'm not having a pop at you Maddix by the way, as the post was valid, just gave me the platform to rant!

Comment

I couldn't understand this either. Pushing for an equaliser in a match we really needed to salvage something from and he gets sent off. Alright it was a harsh sending off but he certainly didn't deserve a standing ovation!

Comment

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
              Maybe its because we are where we are in the table due Joeys performances.

Where as we are where we are despite Carrolls performances.
              So having had a good first half to the season entitles him to a standing ovation for a $hit performance & petulant red card when losing at home to a title chasing rival?

Yes he has played well, but that doesn't put him on a pedestal above others and make him exempt from criticism where it's due.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Doesnt every club applaud popular hard working and good players when they get sent off? Its the norm aint it?

Comment

For all his hard work and graft, because that is all you really get out of Barton, he isn't a ball spraying midfielder, he lets himself down by picking up needless red and yellow cards.

Don't think we will particularly miss him if im honest. Stick Henry and O'Neill in the centre of midfield

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    For all his hard work and graft, because that is all you really get out of Barton, he isn't a ball spraying midfielder, he lets himself down by picking up needless red and yellow cards.

Don't think we will particularly miss him if im honest. Stick Henry and O'Neill in the centre of midfield
                    Oh BigDave.... No..... Oh no....

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

Disagree Dave .....think we'll miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Disagree Dave .....think we'll miss him.
                        We will miss him for the game he's suspended for. Which makes it even more galling when it was for such an avoidable reason.

Will it be just one game, given that he has already had a suspension for the first 5 yellows?

Comment

i think the performances hes put in this season warrant us cutting him a bit of slack. ok so it was avoidable, werent having a great game (who was?), and maybe a standing ovation was a bit much. but he has been, IMO, our best player this season and so I think he does deserve for us to go a bit easy and not start criticising and getting on his back over it.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                            i think the performances hes put in this season warrant us cutting him a bit of slack. ok so it was avoidable, werent having a great game (who was?), and maybe a standing ovation was a bit much. but he has been, IMO, our best player this season and so I think he does deserve for us to go a bit easy and not start criticising and getting on his back over it.
                            No one is denying he's had a good season, but he deserves criticism for being a fking idiot at that moment in time.

Comment

Imo wanted xmas off.

Comment

Working...
                              X