Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have We Got The Best Chairman In The Country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    Good shout

Comment

Imagine the uproar from a few if we had a manager who doesnt speak a word of english and isnt willing to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        We just have to thank God for having Tony as Chairman.
        What if I don't believe in God, what I must do?
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          What if I don't believe in God, what I must do?
          Thank Facto.

Comment

QPR in the centre of one of the most prestigious new developments in Euorpe. It's a mouth watering prospect. 24,000 news homes built in the area - massive office buildings and retail parks. High speed travel connections. All of a sudden perhaps 40,000 is not such a dream. To be part of this new development is nothing but a coup. Amazing job from Tony and Phil.

Although i agree somewhat, i believe the main objective of tony, phil, the mittals etc. is to acquire the contract to redevelop this area. The amount this venue will cost to build and run (plus it will double up as an entertainment venue = more cash) is a fraction of what the contracts to redevelop this area will be, especially with the hs2 being built also. Now im not saying they are mercernaries or anything similar but our successes are irrelevant compared to the amount of money to be made from the redevelopment of this area. Im also not saying that a new stadium isnt the way forward but lets hope we are as happy about the stadium as we are with the plans of it.
            Further to the point some people have made about "dont judge TF for the past" "look at the great job he is doing" well we only have the past to judge TF on so far and it is not good. Massive overspending, relegation, laughing stock of the league etc. People say he has learnt his lessons, they have made this judgment on half a season where we are in the league below so were probably forced to cut down on spending, as well as having the best squad by a long distance and have probably 10x the biggest budget in this league. The real test for TF will be next season (or whenever we end up back in the prem) will he be tempted to step back into the limelight? restart the air asia pr campaign by signing a useless player with asian connections and name him captain? (what a joke)

I for one hope TF has learnt from his mistakes but i am certainly not one to jump on the "TF is the best chairman in the world" bandwagon. He still has alot to prove and announcing plans to build a new stadium is not enough to make up for the joke that is the last 2 seasons.

Comment

Says 'country' in the title, not 'world'.
              The end of the world is nigh, whoa betide me, bah humbug.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                QPR in the centre of one of the most prestigious new developments in Euorpe. It's a mouth watering prospect. 24,000 news homes built in the area - massive office buildings and retail parks. High speed travel connections. All of a sudden perhaps 40,000 is not such a dream. To be part of this new development is nothing but a coup. Amazing job from Tony and Phil.

Although i agree somewhat, i believe the main objective of tony, phil, the mittals etc. is to acquire the contract to redevelop this area. The amount this venue will cost to build and run (plus it will double up as an entertainment venue = more cash) is a fraction of what the contracts to redevelop this area will be, especially with the hs2 being built also. Now im not saying they are mercernaries or anything similar but our successes are irrelevant compared to the amount of money to be made from the redevelopment of this area. Im also not saying that a new stadium isnt the way forward but lets hope we are as happy about the stadium as we are with the plans of it.
                Further to the point some people have made about "dont judge TF for the past" "look at the great job he is doing" well we only have the past to judge TF on so far and it is not good. Massive overspending, relegation, laughing stock of the league etc. People say he has learnt his lessons, they have made this judgment on half a season where we are in the league below so were probably forced to cut down on spending, as well as having the best squad by a long distance and have probably 10x the biggest budget in this league. The real test for TF will be next season (or whenever we end up back in the prem) will he be tempted to step back into the limelight? restart the air asia pr campaign by signing a useless player with asian connections and name him captain? (what a joke)

I for one hope TF has learnt from his mistakes but i am certainly not one to jump on the "TF is the best chairman in the world" bandwagon. He still has alot to prove and announcing plans to build a new stadium is not enough to make up for the joke that is the last 2 seasons.
                That is a very good post...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Says 'country' in the title, not 'world'.
                  The end of the world is nigh, whoa betide me, bah humbug.
                  Fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post

A very well written post that

Comment

I see so far nearly 100 people have voted with 70% saying yes

Personally I dont think this is a question that can be reasonably asked and answered of a Football chairman after a couple of years, so i have answered no

Ask me again if 5 or 6 years time and I might be able to give a different answer

If you asked the question do we have the chairman that makes the best right noises that supporters want to hear then I could have answered yes right now

but the proof is in the actual pudding, not the promise of a nice pudding
                      its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
                        I see so far nearly 100 people have voted with 70% saying yes

Personally I dont think this is a question that can be reasonably asked and answered of a Football chairman after a couple of years, so i have answered no

Ask me again if 5 or 6 years time and I might be able to give a different answer

If you asked the question do we have the chairman that makes the best right noises that supporters want to hear then I could have answered yes right now

but the proof is in the actual pudding, not the promise of a nice pudding
                        I voted 'Don't know' for much the same reason. I also don't know enough about all the other clubs chairmen to even begin to judge.

Comment

Working...
                        X