QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Tony on talksport. Be ready by 2017 2018. And there will be 26,000 new homes on the site so hopefully a few of them will become fans.
    He also said 40,000 seats a HUGE GAMBLE !

Not for them obviously as it'll be full for concerts & Billy Graham conventions just for us fans sitting in a half empty / atmosphereless stadium, whats his plans for that ? Blaring sing along music like @ the Etihad ?
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
      I don't wanna go !!
      Me neither mate so lets hope it takes years and years and their is problems along the way to delay it.

Comment

I think what you have to bear in mind is that it isn't a 40,000 seater just for football. You'll probably find that 25,000 will be for match days and the rest will be for other events to bring in more income.

I think it is a great idea as we need other outlets to impove QPR, so onwards and upwards.

Comment

Putting in a transfer request today to move to the old oak common crossrail site, would be a good job working on that
          @chrisrobson9

Comment

Small family club like QPR---------------Small tinpot club trying to make out they are a big club like Fulham---------------Big club with sh1t fans like Chelsea

Which one of them 3 would you prefer? grass is always greener and all that....

Comment

I can't recall any club in the world that started life with a 40,000 stadium

Comment

cant wait to sit in a soulless stadium ,surrounded by empty seats ,in North london ,

Anyway once the place has been built we COULD be evicted a la Coventry and the inconvenience of QPR can be forgotton ,to make way for the main event ,One Direction in concert ,40 ,000 screaming fans ,and a shopping centre to boot ,,,,,i`m not saying this WILL happen ,but we should go into everything with our eyes open, our 14000 home fans in the Championship are not going to sustain a 40,000 stadium ,worrying times.............
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Greengrass ,please get rid of that picture ,his face scares me
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    cant wait to sit in a soulless stadium ,surrounded by empty seats ,in North london ,

Anyway once the place has been built we COULD be evicted a la Coventry and the inconvenience of QPR can be forgotton ,to make way for the main event ,One Direction in concert ,40 ,000 screaming fans ,and a shopping centre to boot ,,,,,i`m not saying this WILL happen ,but we should go into everything with our eyes open, our 14000 home fans in the Championship are not going to sustain a 40,000 stadium ,worrying times.............
                    Agree Vesp..worrying times.

Comment

• stadium too big we'll never fill it?should be 32.000 max with provision to build on at a later date, model it like southampton great new stadium 33.000 aslo Reading have built theirs 30 odd thousand but with scope to go bigger should they need it.

Comment

• I'm delighted.

It's finally happening. After months of maybes, maybe nots, TF's a chancer, TF's actually Jesus - its happening. NOW is the time to stick together and move forward as a club. We have a 40k stadium coming, lets embrace it. COYR's!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                          I'm delighted.

It's finally happening. After months of maybes, maybe nots, TF's a chancer, TF's actually Jesus - its happening. NOW is the time to stick together and move forward as a club. We have a 40k stadium coming, lets embrace it. COYR's!
                          Well said, and not only that it actually looks like a futuristic homage to loftus road.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            Small family club like QPR---------------Small tinpot club trying to make out they are a big club like Fulham---------------Big club with sh1t fans like Chelsea

Which one of them 3 would you prefer? grass is always greener and all that....
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...93#post1181793

...and I'd be suspicious of your definition of a "small family club" going by your post history.

"18,000 stadiums are a thing of the past now" - Harry Redknapp

Comment

• Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                              I think what you have to bear in mind is that it isn't a 40,000 seater just for football. You'll probably find that 25,000 will be for match days and the rest will be for
                              other events to bring in more income.

I think it is a great idea as we need other outlets to impove QPR, so onwards and upwards.
                              Have you been to Wigan , Huddersfield, Bolton, Middleborough, Sunderland etc etc great stadiums BUT HALF EMPTY ..........

By the way we aren't a cooperative, this isn't a profit share enterprise the extra income goes straight to Uncle Tony et al while we are left to enjoy our 25k matchday experience rattling around the new music arena, BUT don't forget if we do get back to the 'promised land' we get to look forward to being overrun by 20,000 Cockney Reds or worse still Chelsea !
                              Last edited by NW_Hoopz; 13-12-2013, 11:06 AM.
                              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                                Have you been to Wigan , Huddersfield, Bolton, Middleborough, Sunderland etc etc great stadiums BUT HALF EMPTY ..........

By the way we aren't a cooperative, this isn't a profit share enterprise the extra income goes straight to Uncle Tony et al while we are left to enjoy our 25k matchday experience rattling around the new music arena, BUT don't forget if we do get back to the 'promised land'
                                Does it really matter if there is an upper tier or two empty? Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                                X