No announcement yet.

QPR reveal new stadium plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just skimmed through the thread, and basically come to the conclusion that some would only be happy if we manage to fill the stadium with good, wholesome, straight, One Direction hating white folk, born with a QPR birthmark on their forehead.

Roll on 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
      Just skimmed through the thread, and basically come to the conclusion that some would only be happy if we manage to fill the stadium with good, wholesome, straight, One Direction hating white folk, born with a QPR birthmark on their forehead.

Roll on 2018
      Amen brother !
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
        Richard ,PLEASE stop spouting all this c rap ,expecting anyone who dosnt agree with you to come up with a viable economic case or business plan or whatever

We are football fans not Richard Branson,what do we know about business plans .....
        You just trust in Tony ,and we get that...............BUT i havnt heard a viable economic argument coming from YOU,all weve heard from you is trust Tony ,I trust Tony ,we should all trust Tony

Well some of us have been round the block a few times ,and know that in this life ,there`s not too many people you can honestly trust, certainly with somthing you love as much as we love Rangers
        Like I said to W12, the same applies to you too. You don't understand the history of the club so I will repeat it for your benefit.

Remember the days of administration, the buckets, the planned merger, the half empty stadium in the noughties, the share collapse, the £10m dodgy loan? Great days eh?

I never want the club going down that road again, thank you very much.

Oh, and you will see my reasoning for the new stadium on another thread.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Yer cos like you said a few months ago clubs are doomed to oblivion if they dont spend millions and get in the prem Poor poor Charlton/Orient/Brentford/Millwall etc...shouldnt someone tell their fans? tell them that because they cant compete in the prem they might as well give up and die? There is more to football than spending millions on average players and trying to compete for 4th from bottom in the premiership. Personally see nothing wrong with league 1, 2 and the Championship where at least the league is competitive and the club doesnt have to pretend to be something it isnt. We are a small club with a small fanbase and trying to double the fanbase too quickly will just turn us into something akin to Fulham, a team we have been taking the mickey out of for years for attempting the exact same thing. Funny how all that is forgotten by those creaming themselves over a new stadium and the opportunity to have their photo taken with some better opposition players. Be careful what you wish for otherwise you might wake up one day and realize your club has sold its soul and you find yourself surrounded by plastics on a matchday.
          Ok, we get you don't want to go to a bigger and better stadium, we know you hate the prem, we know you have no ambition, we know you don't like the chairman.

Are you as grumpy in real life as you are on here?

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            Ok, we get you don't want to go to a bigger and better stadium, we know you hate the prem, we know you have no ambition, we know you don't like the chairman.

Are you as grumpy in real life as you are on here?
            No but i feel the need to balance out your insipid fanboy worship of the man we are now reliant on as he completely ****ed us over the previous two season. Thought he was going to step down if he made a **** up? But then we would only get a new figurehead from the board while they continue in their only goal of making millions from OOC while using us as a means to an end. We could end up being an even more plastic version of Fulham.

Comment

• A tourist is always better than an empty seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                A tourist is always better than an empty seat.
                Then surely a stadium full of fans is better? A full stadium of 20k - 25k? or a 40k with thousands of neutrals, tourists and screened off empty seats? The 40k isnt for QPR's benefit its for music venue surely so how about a stadium where QPR is the priority?

Comment

No but i feel the need to balance out your insipid fanboy worship of the man we are now reliant on as he completely ****ed us over the previous two season. Thought he was going to step down if he made a **** up? But then we would only get a new figurehead from the board while they continue in their only goal of making millions from OOC while using us as a means to an end. We could end up being an even more plastic version of Fulham.
                  So what have you to say about the chairmen who were responsible for relegation in 96, administration, the share collapse, the £10m ABC loan, the half empty stadium in the noughties, the bucket collections, the proposed merger? Not a word about any of this.

Your pathological hatred of TF is extremely worrying.

Comment

Then surely a stadium full of fans is better? A full stadium of 20k - 25k? or a 40k with thousands of neutrals, tourists and screened off empty seats? The 40k isnt for QPR's benefit its for music venue surely so how about a stadium where QPR is the priority?
                    What is acceptable time period to double our fan base? If 1/20 of tourists become life-long fans, it would take about 10 years to double it (assuming there would be 20000 fans and 5000 tourists in every game). Would that be too bad scenario?

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      So what have you to say about the chairmen who were responsible for relegation in 96, administration, the share collapse, the £10m ABC loan, the half empty stadium in the noughties, the bucket collections, the proposed merger? Not a word about any of this.

Your pathological hatred of TF is extremely worrying.
                      Well obviously they wasnt all that good either...been a long while since we had a decent chairmen and the one we have now belongs to a group looking to significantly add to their fortune. The club is secondary in their priorities and they are gambling with our future. Sure..TF tweets a good tweet and this seems to placate a lot of the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        What is acceptable time period to double our fan base? If 1/20 of tourists become life-long fans, it would take about 10 years to double it (assuming there would be 20000 fans and 5000 tourists in every game). Would that be too bad scenario?
                        Dont feel at the moment we have more than 15k of a fanbase. I am already surrounded by tourists at games as it is without adding 20k more seats. I can see your point and even though i am not happy about it personally i can see the allure to other fans. Just hope we dont lose our identity or become another plastic Fulhamesque prem club battling for 4th from bottom.

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          I dont want to sit with a load of front wheels who arnt Rangers
                          ooohh you've gone all ignorant

Comment

Dont feel at the moment we have more than 15k of a fanbase. I am already surrounded by tourists at games as it is without adding 20k more seats. I can see your point and even though i am not happy about it personally i can see the allure to other fans. Just hope we dont lose our identity or become another plastic Fulhamesque prem club battling for 4th from bottom.
                            is bayen munich plastic....I imagine some of their local fans now think so, probably got more fans who aren't even german let alone local to munich, does that make them plastic...
                            what is the alternative

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
                              is bayen munich plastic....I imagine some of their local fans now think so, probably got more fans who aren't even german let alone local to munich, does that make them plastic...
                              what is the alternative
                              Thats the way football is going i suppose but doesnt mean i have to like it or accept it straight away....(it may take years )

Comment

• Old Oak actually is geared more towards the future generations of Rangers fans then the current. If we have a sustained run of top flight football for the next couple of decades, 40k will begin to seem small. This is a long term (50+ year) goal. I actually hope there will be room to expand the capacity in years to come and that the residents of the new homes know this and wont start moaning and protesting. I'm dead serious about this.

No one says we will fill 40k today or even next year. But in time, certainly.

On a related note, has anyone seen what Barca are considering? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ing-block.html - spending hundreds of millions moving from their 99,000 stadium to a 105,000 one. Ridiculous right? Yet some here would be happy with a 18k > 25k move!

Comment

Working...
                                X