Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    It was more along these lines:

...amongst other things eg the 25,000 new homes.
    How many hundreds of thousands of houses/flats are in the vicinity of Loftus Rd already ?

No link between living next door to a football ground and actually going through the turnstiles

Ian pass that message on to Uncle Phil
    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
      How many hundreds of thousands of houses/flats are in the vicinity of Loftus Rd already ?

No link between living next door to a football ground and actually going through the turnstiles

That's true mate,football fans growing up today tho have never been on a rattler.youngsters I know would loved to have lived our times when the white city estate was all rangers.it will go full circle again
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post

No direct link obviously but it depends how it's cultivated, and that was just one of several possibilities he gave. Did you see the interview?

Comment

• One question about the new stadium. Where's the retractable roof that was talked about? Wasn't this part of the original idea?
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Phil The Beard... wouldnt buy a used car off him and he could have been a politician. Lets all wait and see...reckon it will be 2020 before the stadium is ready at least anyway so we still got several more seasons at the great Loftus Road

Comment

• Well it is ambitious. I like LR, for all its faults. Risky though.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• Loftus Road is a lot of other fans second favourite ground after there own . Proper football stadium and theres nothing like it left. Huge shame to be moving out and i will be gutted when that day finally comes.

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                  Loftus Road is a lot of other fans second favourite ground after there own . Proper football stadium and theres nothing like it left.
                  Your right mate but I guess people only rate the stadium as more often then not they only have to attend it once a season where as we have to use the poor uncomfortable conditions/facilities week in week out. I have to hold my hands up and say that I no longer enjoy the Loftus Road experience (yes I am enjoy watching my team) but cringing in pain as the man in front leans back on his chair into my knees and having to get the best part of 20 people up when you need to nip to the toilet is s hitty.

People also go on about if we move losing the atmosphere but lets be honest there is no atmosphere at QPR its c rap we pick and choose when to make an atmosphere and more often then not its quiet like 99% of other grounds so that is certainly not a reason to be used for not leaving

Totally respect your view and some others that that is all part of going to football and I get that the quaint way QPR is does make it stand out to other grounds but that's simply because its old and showing its age. If we built Loftus Road from scratch now as it is I would guess it would not pass modern day H&S specs. Football has moved on Loftus Road 25years ago competed with most other grounds but it don't anymore it does not offer us an advantage anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Your right mate but I guess people only rate the stadium as more often then not they only have to attend it once a season where as we have to use the poor uncomfortable conditions/facilities week in week out. I have to hold my hands up and say that I no longer enjoy the Loftus Road experience (yes I am enjoy watching my team) but cringing in pain as the man in front leans back on his chair into my knees and having to get the best part of 20 people up when you need to nip to the toilet is s hitty.

People also go on about if we move losing the atmosphere but lets be honest there is no atmosphere at QPR its c rap we pick and choose when to make an atmosphere and more often then not its quiet like 99% of other grounds so that is certainly not a reason to be used for not leaving

Totally respect your view and some others that that is all part of going to football and I get that the quaint way QPR is does make it stand out to other grounds but that's simply because its old and showing its age. If we built Loftus Road from scratch now as it is I would guess it would not pass modern day H&S specs. Football has moved on Loftus Road 25years ago competed with most other grounds but it don't anymore it does not offer us an advantage anymore
                    Great post West, so true.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Your right mate but I guess people only
                      rate the stadium as more often then not they only have to attend it once a season where as we have to use the poor uncomfortable conditions/facilities week in week out. I have to hold my hands up and say that I no longer enjoy the Loftus Road experience (yes I am enjoy watching my team) but cringing in pain as the man in front leans back on his chair into my knees and having to get the best part of 20 people up when you need to nip to the toilet is s hitty.

On the money Westie, BUT IMHO 40k is just too big ........
                      "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                      For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

• 21 pages and no-one has raised an important question: will there be decent pubs around?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                          21 pages and no-one has raised an important question: will there be decent pubs around?
                          None

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                            None
                            That's good, 'cause I try to stay sober!

Comment

• It's interesting that most want stands to o be close to the pitch, and I agree, but all the new stadiums that have been built over the last 10 years or so don't achieve this. I worry that the current building regs or h & s rules dictate a minimum distance now which exceeds what we want.

Comment

• yes

yes this is roughly what i posted a year ago loftus road could be converted into milion [pound flats and be worth roughly 800 million profit to us

the site we will be buying and all the costructing will cost us a lot more than that but we will get continues revenue from the retail outlet which will be the biggest in the country so far sainsburys and tescos are bidding on it

but its likely that mittals will launch there own company there will be one thousand of these around the country 100 million a year will be spent on players from the profit of these stores

its estimated that we will be able to build 4000 flats in the new complex the profit from thos is yet another 1000 million

if you look at what an idiot abromovichmhas been hes wasted 800 million on players all have been a bad investment because asthey have got old they have lost money where as the mittal stores will continuelly raise money,making us the wealthiest club in the country,thats why we need a forty thousand all seater when qpr win the prem ten times on the trot we will be the biggest club in europe in 15 years time its just a shame most of us will be dead before we reach that level
                                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X