Joey on the footballers' football show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey on the footballers' football show

JB says he has what it takes to become a top coach or manager: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...-a-top-manager

JB said he just was not ready for the money he was paid by Manchester City when he was twenty: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...-more-problems

I just put on the same thing but deleted my post !! Should be a good watch I think

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
      I just put on the same thing but deleted my post !! Should be a good watch I think
      Agree mate and thanks for the info - it's on SS1, 10pm tonight.

Comment

I put it in the new "Joey" thread a few threads down ages ago, cos im not a massive attention seeker.

(jokes)

Comment

Stream here: http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-1-live-stream-free-c1.php

Comment

I have to say fair play to Mr Barton I can't think of another footballer who you can put on the tv and can actually hold a conversation on quite a wide spectrum of subjects. He likes the sound of his own voice though.

Comment

Came across very very well & said in his first season at QPR he was poor & couldn't pass the ball. Very honest & straight talking.

Comment

The one disturbing thing that came out of that was the statement made by Simpson regarding the youth players at QPR, not impressed.
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                  The one disturbing thing that came out of that was the statement made by Simpson regarding the youth players at QPR, not impressed.
                  That won't have gone unnoticed.

Comment

Let's hope it gives them a kick up the #### he's probably right. Doesn't seem the type to make trouble.

Comment

What was said?

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                        What was said?
                        It was reference to the whole youth entitlement culture in comparison to when he and Joey were growing up, saying that in his day there was generally more desire and hunger to make it as a pro footballer. He did mention he'd noticed the attitude amongst some of QPR's youth players but to put it in context this would probably apply to many young players up and down the country. Perhaps it's more of an issue at the bigger clubs though with the larger youth academies.

Comment

Talking about the hunger he had coming through as a kid (Simpson) then said 'no disrespect to anyone at QPR but the ones coming through now getting to train with the first team don't seem that hungry'

Don't think he meant it in a derogatory way just he was probably made to work a bit harder to be involved in the first team when he was a youth. Youngsters now are pandered to when in the days gone by they'd be expected to clean changing rooms, clean boots, set out training equipment etc. it was all part of their grounding & education & I 100% believe it's for the worse that these things don't happen any more. Why? It's ridiculous. 17-18 year olds driving Bentleys. Where's the hunger in that?

Comment

To be fair to Steve Gallen it's something he's been conscious of for some time and has been doing a lot to address it.

Comment

Came across as quite articulate...... apart from the typical scouse disease of saying "ya know" every third word.

God that is frickin' annoying.....

Comment

Working...
                              X