Few thoughts on yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few thoughts on yesterday

Thought that we looked at our best in first 10-15 minutes when we pushed on and put the Derby defence under pressure. We need to do more of this chasing down as we have the players that take advantage of defensive errors.

I noticed that Barton and Ekotto had a disagreement on the pitch. It appears that Ekotto only wants to have one defender marking the lone striker when we are taking a corner in the opposition half. Maybe sparks will fly between these two at some point. Either way, Ekotto appears to have a bad attitude. He tends to walk off the pitch after the final whistle. No handshakes. No clapping the crowd. I don't like that but if then if he is the only bad apple, he should have minimal influence.

Faurlin had one of his best games in a while, but was probably lucky to be on the pitch at the time he got injured. In hindsight, a red card would have been the better outcome for his career.

Finally, I think Derby are a strong team and will find themselves in the play offs. We need to stop giving away silly free kicks. We gave quite a few yesterday and a number of them could have resulted in a goal for the opposition. Otherwise, all round good result yesterday.
    Last edited by conners; 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM.

I personally would have been disappointed if we dropped any points against Derby, thought they offered very little, their best forward was the ref. Hughes their midfielder has a big future in the game and English too, reminds me of a very young Gerry Francis in his play
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      I personally would have been disappointed if we dropped any points against Derby, thought they offered very little, their best forward was the ref. Hughes their midfielder has a big future in the game and English too, reminds me of a very young Gerry Francis in his play
      We managed to keep Hughes quiet yesterday which was good, top player with a bright future. We were also lucky Johnny Russell wasn't playing for them yesterday, very good player. Scored for fun at dundee utd last season and has been banging them in for derby this season.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
        Thought that we looked at our best in first 10-15 minutes when we pushed on and put the Derby defence under pressure. We need to do more of this chasing down as we have the players that take advantage of defensive errors.

I noticed that Barton and Ekotto had a disagreement on the pitch. It appears that Ekotto only wants to have one defender marking the lone striker when we are taking a corner in the opposition half. Maybe sparks will fly between these two at some point. Either way, Ekotto appears to have a bad attitude. He tends to walk off the pitch after the final whistle. No handshakes. No clapping the crowd. I don't like that but if then if he is the only bad apple, he should have minimal influence.

Faurlin had one of his best games in a while, but was probably lucky to be on the pitch at the time he got injured. In hindsight, a red card would have been the better outcome for his career.

Finally, I think Derby are a strong team and will find themselves in the play offs. We need to stop giving away silly free kicks. We gave quite a few yesterday and a number of them could have resulted in a goal for the opposition. Otherwise, all round good result yesterday.
        Derby won't find themselves in the play offs ... Not within 10 pts

Comment

Another poor team that we were better than. We didnt gel, hit second gear and they didnt get 'the' tonking like nobody else has or i doubt will. We are just better than most teams in this league, about one goal better. The ones we arent better than like burnley and maybe liecester we will lose against. No shocks in this division for me, just grind out the results by the one goal and march on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            The ones we arent better than like burnley and maybe liecester we will lose against
            I'd bet we beat both of them at Loftus Road

Comment

Working...
            X