Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

QPR's Remy To Newcastle permanent in January for Six Million

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kevin Mcleod
    Referee
    • Aug 2013
    • 17322

    #46
    Im not splitting hairs, and i dont want to go into a class argument, but I can only wish i was as privileged as you are if you think going to Stowe school with baron sainsbury and baron mcalpine and prince ranier of monaco (naming just three), is coming from fark all.

    Comment

    • QPR71
      Silver Seat
      • Jul 2012
      • 3055

      #47
      Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod
      Im not splitting hairs, and i dont want to go into a class argument, but I can only wish i was as privileged as you are if you think going to Stowe school with baron sainsbury and baron mcalpine and prince ranier of monaco (naming just three), is coming from fark all.
      ok....I guess he was taught by the teachers at stowe how to create his record business...airlines...railways and finance businesses....im sure those teachers were real experts on these matters
      and chose to teach as a hobby

      Comment

      • Shepherds Mush
        Platinum Seat
        • Nov 2012
        • 10325

        #48
        Remy is possibly the best finisher I have ever seen and he would be great in the PL for us if we get there but I honestly cannot see him wanting to come back so we should sell him for as much as we can get.

        Comment

        • MattyRangers
          Slimmer of The Year
          • Jun 2011
          • 24914

          #49
          Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod
          The clause aint it?
          Ashley is the shrewdest man in the country, and Pardew has been talking up his need for a striker in January, so he will just give him Remy on a perm i would guess.
          You remind me of G.T.P
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

          Comment

          • QPR71
            Silver Seat
            • Jul 2012
            • 3055

            #50
            anyone think a poll on whether we want remy back would be appropriate.....then let tony know what the result is....
            my view would be (notwithstanding a bad injury record this season) that we should keep him.

            Comment

            • SuperHoopNik
              CCG
              • Mar 2011
              • 6660

              #51
              Originally posted by Nick
              Ok he might score goals, but he also brings a lot of unwanted baggage with him that will disrupt the atmosphere in training & in the dressing room & its taking a lot of work from HR to get it to this point. So I have no doubt that he will be sold in January, but I just cant see it happening for 6 mill.
              It wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal take him for double that.
              Doesn't seem like the type who would cause trouble. There's been no stories about him being disruptive?
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

              Comment

              • MYU
                Administrator
                • Mar 2009
                • 43466

                #52
                Originally posted by W12_Ranger
                Story just written to fill column space
                Hope you're right, but didn't Tony say that he was going to give Remy another match on FIFA?

                That could be for the transfer to Newcastle... Remy wins and he gets the dream move, Tony wins and he stays.... see if the media pick this story up!

                Comment

                • Nick
                  Gold Seat
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 5593

                  #53
                  I know I wouldn't want to be playing football with someone
                  A. who could possibly be charged with rape.
                  &
                  B. Knowing that same player was happy another to ditch his team mates when the going got tough.
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                  Comment

                  • Tarbie
                    Gold Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 8542

                    #54
                    Originally posted by Nick
                    I know I wouldn't want to be playing football with someone
                    A. who could possibly be charged with rape.
                    &
                    B. Knowing that same player was happy another to ditch his team mates when the going got tough.
                    From what I've heard the rape charge is a load of tosh and with a bit of luck won't stand. As for not wanting to stick around in the Championship, I'm pretty sure that would have been a pre-agreed condition that we'd listen to offers if we went down.

                    Personally I'd have him back in a heartbeat, if fact he's the only player out on loan that I feel that way about!

                    Comment

                    • brightonr
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 10922

                      #55
                      I would be astonished if he were to be sold for £6m. And even more astonished if he were to stay at Newcastle.

                      Usual non-story made up by the tabloids. Happens every day.

                      Comment

                      • Nick
                        Gold Seat
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 5593

                        #56
                        Ok regarding the rape issue & his commitment to the club, whether its true or not I guarantee it will be on the minds of other players & I just wouldn't want to upset the balance of the team, especially how hard its been to get it this good.
                        but having said all this, he does score goals. Tricky one.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                        Comment

                        • SuperHoopNik
                          CCG
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 6660

                          #57
                          Originally posted by Nick
                          I know I wouldn't want to be playing football with someone
                          A. who could possibly be charged with rape.
                          &
                          B. Knowing that same player was happy another to ditch his team mates when the going got tough.
                          I remember when we went down he was quoted somewhere saying he didn't mind playing in the championship, but it was up to the club not him.
                          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

                          Comment

                          • West Acton
                            CCG
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 21475

                            #58
                            Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
                            Remy is possibly the best finisher I have ever seen and he would be great in the PL for us if we get there but I honestly cannot see him wanting to come back so we should sell him for as much as we can get.
                            Barton never wanted to come back but he did. Newcastle or another club meet our valuation and he can go while they don't and we pay his salary he comes back

                            Comment

                            • lymehoop
                              Gold Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 7380

                              #59
                              honestly don't think Remy will sign for the mags, think if he has a good season some of the big boys will come calling
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

                              Comment

                              • jmelanie
                                Gold Seat
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 7525

                                #60
                                At the moment he is doing ok, but I think everybody should wait a bit longer. He has only played three or four games. If Harry is not discussing contracts of players at the club, I assume he is not going to discuss contracts of players who are out on loan.

                                Regarding the rape charge, I have not read anything to indicate that he does not have some sort of case to answer. The bail was extended from September to October, the woman concerned was at his flat and Remy was not alone at the flat at this time.

                                I am not staying he is guilty but I do not think the charges can be dismissed as twaddle, especially given his reputation.
                                Last edited by jmelanie; 16-10-2013, 07:51 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...