Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derry slams QPR's overpaid 'shirkers' and he's not sorry to see them leave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derry slams QPR's overpaid 'shirkers' and he's not sorry to see them leave.

"It’s been difficult," said Derry, speaking on behalf of the Tackle Africa charity. "You go into the changing room and you appreciate what background certain players have come from but you get judged on the here and now. Past achievements mean nothing if you don’t put it in.

That was the most upsetting side of it, seeing certain players with a pedigree not contributing. You know as a pro when players aren’t giving their all. I’ve been in the game 20 years and I know when people are fighting for the cause and when people are winging it.

If I’m looking at other people and asking if they’re earning the money, then no, of course they haven’t. Definitely not.

It’s difficult when the club was striving to break into that top ten straight after being promoted. We came up in a whirlwind and so many players came in through the door.

We tried to miss three rungs of the ladder to get straight into the top ten. Fingers were pointed at Mark Hughes and certain players but the whole club has to take responsibility, including us players.

For one reason or another, factions started to develop within the squad, you take it onto the pitch and results don’t go well. You can dress it up as much as you like but without results people start questioning each other. That’s what happened, culminating in relegation. It was a disaster for the club.

Throughout last season you try to rectify that within the dressing-room because that’s where you sort it out. There were times last year where certain things were said. Unfortunately we didn’t get the right response and it ended in relegation.

Jamie is a massive loss to QPR. I’m sad to see the back of Jamie. But I’m not sad to see the back of any of the rest of them, apart from Ji-Sung Park.
    As far as effort was concerned you could never accuse him of throwing the towel in. He’s not one that I’d label a shirker.

I really sense there is a camaraderie beginning to take place, an appreciation of hard work and a togetherness that hasn’t been there for 24 months."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2bTIsTj1d

He's had a lot to say for himself there!

Comment

Well that's unhelpful.

it may be true, but telling the world what a basket case we are, whilst distancing himself from any blame, doesn't help the club at all.

Comment

Nice last quote from Derry and with team spirit and some quality it won't be a bad season.

Comment

Derry in Park fanboy shocker

Comment

Glad he's gone on loan... The new team needs a fresh perspective, not someone thats just going to keep pointing out negatives. We've started the new season and we should just concentrate on the NOW not the past.

Comment

I think he was as much part of the Problem

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                Well that's unhelpful.

it may be true, but telling the world what a basket case we are, whilst distancing himself from any blame, doesn't help the club at all.
                Actually it's very, very helpful. A clean slate, having got rid of the rubbish, explaining what happened to our club, is essential- absolutely essential- to our moving forward. Thank you, Shaun. As ever, you put our club first. Next time, please name names.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  I think he was as much part of the Problem
                  a lot went on which he seemed to be involved with
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Actually it's very, very helpful. A clean slate, having got rid of the rubbish, explaining what happened to our club, is essential- absolutely essential- to our moving forward. Thank you, Shaun. As ever, you put our club first. Next time, please name names.

Not sure about naming names but tbh what he is describing there is pretty much sumarises all of last season and explains the the basis for this summer. Sorry he has gone.

Comment

Wants to make his move to Millwall permanent: http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport...029-33709068/?

Comment

I think both sides were as much to blame. You had the newcomers coming in on high salaries. Then you had the others who were obviously upset about the newcomers on high salaries and did not really welcome or make them feel part of the club. Under these circumstances it is not really surprising that the newcomers did not really care.

I think these are the players who are confirmed as left or on loan so far.

Of these I think only two players come under the heading he refers to. I didn't include Remy or Samba (I don't think Samba was really fit). Most of the others were already here or are players he liked (like Park).

Ji-Sung Park
                        Shaun Derry
                        Adel Taarabt
                        Loïc Rémy
                        Jamie Mackie
                        José Bosingwa
                        Tal Ben Haim
                        Radek Cerny
                        Christopher Samba
                        D. J. Campbell
                        Djibril Cissé
                        Rob Hulse
                        Jay Bothroyd

Comment

His move to the Den is only a month's loan, but clearly he now knows he no longer has a QPR future, explaining why he's now revealing all that's gone wrong in the last 2 years. I agree with Rangers77, I dont think it's unhelpful because he's only confirming what everyone already knew, just that he's adding some details, which as paying fans we're entitled to know. The world already knew we've been a basket case so nothing new there.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                            Well that's unhelpful.

FFS you don't think the football world don't know what basket cases we have been and don't think the football world can't see we have learnt a very hard lesson and learnt it well ,I don't think he was distancing from any part of the blame he stated THE WHOLE CLUB that's him included ,you know his assessment true and you say so in public yet deny him the right to do the same

Comment

We have been a circus for years so nothing much revealed that will be a surprise for anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X