Estudiantes accept QPR's offer for Duvan Zapata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estudiantes accept QPR's offer for Duvan Zapata

Queens Park Rangers have agreed a deal with Estudiantes for striker Duvan Zapata, Sky Sports understands.

More...

Hope the permit is successfull as he looks decent.

Comment

Looks a real handful from the videos! I know it's a bit of a risk but at least he's a young an upcoming player.

Comment

Interesting one this!

Zapata basically fails to meet all of the normal criteria to qualify for a work permit. In order for us to sign him we would need to convince the powers that be that Zapata is a world class youngster with a big future on the international stage. I'm sure we went through exactly the same with an uncapped Brazilian player a couple of seasons back, in the end he never got the work permit.

Fingers crossed, he looks like an exciting player!

Comment

Read somewhere, maybe on this board, that another club couldn't get a permit for him.

Comment

It could go through as he is expected to play in World Cup next year so that might come into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
              Read somewhere, maybe on this board, that another club couldn't get a permit for him.
              West Ham pulled out of a deal for him, wasn't confirmed as to whether it was because of the work permit or for other reasons!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Interesting one this!

Zapata basically fails to meet all of the normal criteria to qualify for a work permit. In order for us to sign him we would need to convince the powers that be that Zapata is a world class youngster with a big future on the international stage. I'm sure we went through exactly the same with an uncapped Brazilian player a couple of seasons back, in the end he never got the work permit.

Fingers crossed, he looks like an exciting player!
                Beat me to it Tarbie & much more research than me.

Comment

That was West Ham?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

And Mr Mittal picks up the phone to his good friend Mr Cameron.........

Comment

If Allardyce fancied him to play in the EPL then that is a good recommendation for him

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
                        West Ham pulled out just before the permit application I read.

Is it harder to get a permit for a player to play in the prem, than the Championship?

Comment

Great news if this comes off. Will be well pleased. Just hope someone doesnt come in at the last minute and snatch him off us!

Comment

Just found this article, looks like West Ham didn't fancy the court hearing to appeal for a work permit.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-permit-appeal

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              West Ham pulled out of a deal for him, wasn't confirmed as to whether it was because of the work permit or for other reasons!
                              It was because West Ham knew he wasn't going to get a work permit. Maybe we know something they don't. They are West Ham after all!!!
                              'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X