Neither were penalties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither were penalties

I've watched them both 5 times and neither were pens. Traore doesn't touch the man and he goes down, then the other one dives over Barton. What annoys me is weds fans moaning about it and Dave Jones and then those 2 idiots on highlight show agree!! They are NEVER penalties!!! I would be the first to say when we got away with something

I agree Rich. It's probably because the second one was Barton that they made such a song and dance about it

Comment

At he time thought the first was and the second wasn't. On the TV think the reverse, would certainly have got the second if he hadn't made such a meal of it. Guess that shows how hard it is for refs, litho ugh though generally he was poor yesterday for both sides

Comment

Ive not seen them in the replay but from the match I would have wanted the first one but the second was a dive in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          I've watched them both 5 times and neither were pens. Traore doesn't touch the man and he goes down, then the other one dives over Barton. What annoys me is weds fans moaning about it and Dave Jones and then those 2 idiots on highlight show agree!! They are NEVER penalties!!! I would be the first to say when we got away with something
          agree on the first one, second one from the other angle looked fairly clear though.

Comment

Some right cheating, play acting *****s in that Wednesday team.

Comment

The first one wasn't penalty but the 2nd one I would say 50/50.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

After watching the incidents on the tv I would say we dodged a bullet as the second was certainly a possible.
                However, the but, when you hit the ground in the manner there players did both inside and outside the penalty area they had already influenced the referee in the wrong way.
                Tough luck Dave Jones, always a moaner, stop the diving and then you may have a case!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Same old cr@p from misery guts Jones. He kept on bleating about the same thing last time we played Cardiff at home, how they should have had a penalty blah, blah, when overlooking his offside goal from Bellamy and the penalty we should have had too.

The bottom line is we deserved to win yesterday based on possession and clear cut chances created, and if anyone thinks different then they are deluded or have their own agenda. Their keeper was superb and kept them in it.

Comment

If they were the other way round we would be saying both were stonewall penalties. Last season in the prem , beach ball refs like dowd would have given both and 2 red cards

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      If they were the other way round we would be saying both were stonewall penalties. Last season in the prem , beach ball refs like dowd would have given both and 2 red cards
                      This.

Got tv monitors above me in Platters , neither looked like penalties to me when we watched the replays back. Second one when he got booked was embarassing to watch , was going dowmn before contact made

Comment

I thought the first one the guy was falling down before he got touched. If he had stayed on his feet he would have got his shot away, but Green would have closed down the angel as he let the ball run away from him. The second. Barton IMO did touch him and could have been given 50/50, but what went against him was that he did not even try to stay on his feet (I think he would have done as Barton was pulling away his leg), he when down like he had been shot.

The pundits don't help, by saying they were both touched and then had the right to go down, as they are wrong no you dont. You should stay on your feet and long as possible as it is not a non-contact sport.

Saying that, if they were the other way round i would have claimed any of them. :D
                        One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          This.

Got tv monitors above me in Platters , neither looked like penalties to me when we watched the replays back. Second one when he got booked was embarassing to watch , was going dowmn before contact made
                          They showed the replay just now on Goals on Sunday. Definite contact. The theatrical fall worked in our favour.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                            They showed the replay just now on Goals on Sunday. Definite contact. The theatrical fall worked in our favour.
                            It just proves that if players stopped diving they'd be more likely to get their desired outcome.

And if there is contact but not enough for a player to lose his balance and fall, then it's not a foul.

More referees need to have the guts to give yellows for simulation. That is the only way to stamp out the disease on our game.

Its all very well for Jones to bleat on, but how much does he tell his players not to cheat by trying to con referees? But he still has the gall to lay into them like he did yesterday.

Comment

both could have been given or not....in the end its 3 points on the tally for the end of the season and what may have been is forgotten chip paper

Comment

Working...
                              X