what do we need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    That's why I think people are judging his overly harshly because they want him to be or were expecting something which he is not. He's a dog of war, a spoiler and he puts his foot and body in where others would not. When Faurlin got nailed centre circle who was the one that flew in to a tackle (possibly recklessly) to let Wednesday know im not having that and were not going to be bullied but Henry!!!!

He is not a player that is going to take on three or four and pop it into the top corner but he is a reliable head who hopefully will do the shi tty part of the game (which no one wanted to do last season) which allows the likes of Hoillet to wander and go on runs as you know there is someone behind sitting ready to mop up

I did also notice that he(Henry) got a solid rollicking from Hill when one of his first passes went astray. No wonder he seemed to be very nervous after that incident.
    Last edited by Shania; 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about Zamora as Austin will be starting ahead of him soon.

I wonder what will happen to remy, because if he goes then we will need another striker.

Comment

Suppose to me we were not over run and more then held our own in the middle if not had the better of the exchanges. I noticed Henry came short for the ball a lot which for me I would prefer Faurlin to do as he is more of the ball player. Between the middle three I thought we kept the ball moving and we did go backwards on occasions but that was when there was no other option and we retained the ball. I wish we had recycled the ball like that last season instead of giving it back so cheaply

I was impressed with Barton and he has a decent range of passing although there was one at the loft end he over hit when we had the overlap

Out of interest do you sit behind the goal or on the side as I find sometimes this influences how people view the game???
        Always the side. That's why there were no options in my opinion the play was too slow. If you speed up the passing it makes the game much more simple against average opposition. We have the players with the ability to do it but imo Henry dwells on it. I just hope it was nerves and he improves as it was his 1st game.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
          I wouldn't worry too much about Zamora as Austin will be starting ahead of him soon.

I wonder what will happen to remy, because if he goes then we will need another striker.
          Unless Harry drops Johnson for Austin

Really impressed with Johnson yesterday

Comment

Suppose to me we were not over run and more then held our own in the middle if not had the better of the exchanges. I noticed Henry came short for the ball a lot which for me I would prefer Faurlin to do as he is more of the ball player. Between the middle three I thought we kept the ball moving and we did go backwards on occasions but that was when there was no other option and we retained the ball. I wish we had recycled the ball like that last season instead of giving it back so cheaply

I was impressed with Barton and he has a decent range of passing although there was one at the loft end he over hit when we had the overlap

Out of interest do you sit behind the goal or on the side as I find sometimes this influences how people view the game???
            Barton was excellent first half, and a combination of lack of match fitness and the quickfire booking and penalty shout seemed to make him lose concentration before he was subbed.

Hope he keeps his performance levels up, because make no mistake he knows that while he was very fortunate to get a hero's welcome (not sure why he did in all fairness), it will not take much to lose the crowd again.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Always the side. That's why there were no options in my opinion the play was too slow. If you speed up the passing it makes the game much more simple against average opposition. We have the players with the ability to do it but imo Henry dwells on it. I just hope it was nerves and he improves as it was his 1st game.
              Fair play mate

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                agree lost every header and it was painful to watch.

I am shocked why he didn't go under the knife because there must be a serious problem. Ok he's not great but at least he moved when we signed him.
                we just need to get someone in so we can say to bobby 'go have your operation take the time off dont worry about your future just get back to your best'

quite glad charlie austin was bigger than i was expecting
                i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

I would say now all we need is possibly 3 more signings.

i would really want us to go for a cb, birdcutt dm, philips rw. those 3 players know the championship well, they are young and hungry and would enhance are chances of automatic promotion.

we can pay for these players with the samba money and getting rid of wages from the following players, park,mbia,granero,salad
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

very good thread btw
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                      Henry struggled yesterday but hopefully will come good. Faurling was ok, but struggled sometimes. Can't blame him as it was his first game after a long time.

We need a right winger as Barton could leave anyime. The chances of getting Andros Townsend seem to be limited now after impressing in Spurs friendlies so Matt Phillips would a good choice.

I can see Remy leaving and Zamora on the bench so we need one more striker.

We need a strong CB to replace Clint Hill who is getting older.

Based on yesterday's performance, I think Granero and and Mbia will really struggle in this league and we need to get rid of them.
                      Agree with your first three points. Clint started slow last season, and the season before that as well. Let's wait and see - we have Dunne as well after all and if we sign Baird he can cover at CB. Have no idea how you can say that based on yesterday's performance Granero and Mbia will struggle seeing they weren't even in the squad. Think they'll be gone anyway though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Personally I'm just pleased to get off to a winning start, after just 4 wins in the league last season getting 3 points out of the first game, regardless of the opposition isn't straightforward. We will improve as the side starts to gel and I'm certain Harry will have another couple of signings up his sleeve.
                        this.

unbelievably important that we got off to a winning start - look back at the last 20 or seasons... when we start with a win we have a decent deason, when we start with a defeat, we have a bad season. psychologically important to get used to winning (and good to come back from behind).

everyone played ok, some really well. defence is a bit creaky (hill looking a bit old). johnson looked a handful if he can stay fit.

only at qpr could we be talking about getting in replacements for new players the morning after their debut games. have some patience ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                          AJ faded too quickly and looked lost once Zamora departed. Wont last more than half the season, hence a replacement needed. Played well but not the answer for a long challenging season
                          Johnson not far off our best player yesterday. Looks hungry and sharp.

Zamora. Henry and Hill are all very ordinary, Hill wouldn't stand out in the conference but does offer leadership, something which is really missing in the side.
                          Traore is good going forward but positionally terrible at the back.

Hoillet outstanding yesterday, along with Johnson and Barton.
                          :drunk:

Comment

Most pleasing thing for me was that we actually put out a team who went for it, as we haven't seen that for a long time. Slightly better finishing and a different keeper and we would have been out of sight before they scored. Looked a bit scrappy after conceding but they knuckled down and got on with it.

Been quite critical of Harry before yesterday, but have to give him credit for dumping those that offer nothing and bringing in those that care and have a bit of pride in their performance. He's even starting to sound like he wants it.

Only one criticism from me. The continued selection of a bloke that can't seem to do anything at all and is responsible for my very sore throat.

Comment

I think......we won, we got 3 points, we scored 2....we were not great but we were not bad....average I believe...we won being average...both teams tried hard but Sheff Wed players deffinately upped their game coz it was against former Prem players and favourites for promotion...we still won!

Comment

Working...
                              X