Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Doesn't his contract end at the end of the season?
    He signed a 4 year deal before the start of last season, it'll be up in 2016.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      Great post, completely agree with a lot of what you've said. I just reckon he's got it in him to mature and knuckle down, personally I think he's matured quite a bit since the promotion season after seeing some of his interviews with us from last season and a reduction in pointless showboating! I'd like to see Adel with the hard working bunch we have now and given a chance with them in the first 6 months of next season should we go up, if he fails to deliver then offload...and then I'll give up saying he'll be a Prem success with QPR!

Comment

• Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
        Ok we get it you don't like Taarabt, whenever there is a thread about him you pop up with a venomous tirade.

Fact is Taarabt didn't have one good season, he was playing for the club across about 4 1/2 season in the Championship. He was good for us when he was on loan from Spurs and in our promotion winning season he was sublime and single handily led us to promotion….make no mistake in a 46 game season in one of Europes most competitive leagues that is no mean feat. Onto the Prem and yes he was below average last season but the season before that he had a fair few decent games. Yes he let the club, its fans and most of himself down. Do I want him back? no probably not as we have moved on but don't underestimate his ability and if he could just get his head straight and channelled his skill for the good of a team then he would be one heck of a player.

I like to remember Taarabt for all those special moments of magic, I waited all my life to see skill like his in a QPR shirt and there is no telling when we will see it again.
        Well said!!
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

• Would be a great player to have in the squad for the next 6 months BUT one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch...massive risk

Comment

• Not if theres a big carrot at the end of it

Comment

• Harry cant stand the bloke and he will never ever play in a team picked by him. Thats a certainty imo. As certain as i am that you have totally made this clap trap up bill. Fernandes craves promotion to fulfill his plans, and we could risk that by getting rid of our best player. There is no way in the world he would sanction letting joey go. Ceasers on more dough than joey and he is getting paid for doing absolutely nothing, so joeys wages make no iota of a problem to qpr in the scale of things.

Comment

Ok we get it you don't like Taarabt, whenever there is a thread about him you pop up with a venomous tirade.

Fact is Taarabt didn't have one good season, he was playing for the club across about 4 1/2 season in the Championship. He was good for us when he was on loan from Spurs and in our promotion winning season he was sublime and single handily led us to promotion….make no mistake in a 46 game season in one of Europes most competitive leagues that is no mean feat. Onto the Prem and yes he was below average last season but the season before that he had a fair few decent games. Yes he let the club, its fans and most of himself down. Do I want him back? no probably not as we have moved on but don't underestimate his ability and if he could just get his head straight and channelled his skill for the good of a team then he would be one heck of a player.

I like to remember Taarabt for all those special moments of magic, I waited all my life to see skill like his in a QPR shirt and there is no telling when we will see it again.
                Ok if you remember all those " moments of magic" in other than that one championship season name these games where he made a difference and we got the right result, shouldn't take you long.

A step over in the middle of pitch only impresses the uneducated, it's a results business and his baggage and disrespect for fans doesn't do it for me and many many others. If you happy for him to continually talk about wanting to move and failing to turn up for training etc etc then that's your choice, but not for me.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Nick;1181223]
                  Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Er, just remind me - what division are we in?[/QQUOTE my point being is that he'll never make it in the premiership!!!
                  my point being maybe we should worry about that if and when we get there...

Comment

• [QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;1181373]
                    Originally posted by Nick View Post

my point being maybe we should worry about that if and when we get there...

IMHO I don't think we ever need to worry about it as all the time HR's here he'll have nothing to do with this club.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Absolutely right. It's what football is about.

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                      Ok if you remember all those " moments of magic" in other than that one championship season name these games where he made a difference and we got the right result, shouldn't take you long.

A step over in the middle of pitch only impresses the uneducated, it's a results business and his baggage and disrespect for fans doesn't do it for me and many many others. If you happy for him to continually talk about wanting to move and failing to turn up for training etc etc then that's your choice, but not for me.
                      If the majority of our players were anything like as talented as Adel, there is no way we would have gone down. In my view, our apalling defending, dreadful strikers, along with a far too negative playing style which didn't get the best out of anybody, least of all Taarabt, were far more influential factors in our relegation.

Just imagine having his talent and having to watch from the bench as the manager selects Zamora and Mbia to start. That is quite enough to cause anyone to have a strop.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Absolutely right. It's what football is about.

If the majority of our players were anything like as talented as Adel, there is no way we would have gone down. In my view, our apalling defending, dreadful strikers, along with a far too negative playing style which didn't get the best out of anybody, least of all Taarabt, were far more influential factors in our relegation.

Just imagine having his talent and having to watch from the bench as the manager selects Zamora and Mbia to start. That is quite enough to cause anyone to have a strop.
                        Football is a team game Tarrabt doesn't even know what that means. Funny how all his fans forget the fact he doesn't defend, is a pretty poor finisher who scuffs more than he hits cleanly but hey got a great step over in the middle of the pitch and is absolutely world class at avoiding heading the ball!

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                          Football is a team game Tarrabt doesn't even know what that means. Funny how all his fans forget the fact he doesn't defend, is a pretty poor finisher who scuffs more than he hits cleanly but hey got a great step over in the middle of the pitch and is absolutely world class at avoiding heading the ball!
                          Which players last season treated it as a team game Ricky? They were almost all a total embarrassment. Included in those were a £12m centre half and supposedly one of the best goalkeepers in the world. One was slow and lethargic and the other couldn't seem to catch a ball or control his area.

But you crack on and have a pop at the bloke that was our longest serving player.

Comment

If I was him sitting on the bench I would be asking myself why I'm on the bench then after asking that question I would point the finger at myself and say its my own fault so im going to roll my sleeves up and get in the team

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                            Funny how all his fans forget the fact he doesn't defend, is a pretty poor finisher who scuffs more than he hits cleanly but hey got a great step over in the middle of the pitch and is absolutely world class at avoiding heading the ball!
                            Missed sitters against Man City and Reading at home when both were easier to score, fluffed a pen against Norwich lost the ball against Man Utd and made no effort to get it back resulting in them putting it in the top corner and going one up

Comment

Which players last season treated it as a team game Ricky? They were almost all a total embarrassment. Included in those were a £12m centre half and supposedly one of the best goalkeepers in the world. One was slow and lethargic and the other couldn't seem to catch a ball or control his area.

But you crack on and have a pop at the bloke that was our longest serving player.
                              No one is defending last years team and agree that players who have no interest in our club should be moved on as fast as possible, so why the double standards.

Tarrabt is and was by far and away the worst so you "crack on" defending his antics, bet you were slaughtering Bosingwa for not wanting to sit on the bench etc etc. At least he turned up, even Warnocks book only tells a part of Tarrabt antics yet you want him back, priceless!

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                                Ricky, question. Would you take Adel even if he had the right attitude and put a shift in every game...whilst being the flair player that he is?
                                Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 11-12-2013, 11:43 PM.
                                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                                X