Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt supposedly signing tomorrow for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if he'd just come right out and saidd he wouldn't play Championship football for us, and then not been able to find another club to take him?

What kind of reception would he have got on the opening day? Doesn't bear thinking about....

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      Coulda just been paper talk but there was a lot of it, but my point is he was playing really well at the start (By the way PSG did put in a £15m bid that summer, and their director pulled the plug last minute). Villa and Newcastle at home spring to mind, had newcastle players on the floor and all sorts as well as putting chances on a plate for DJ and Bothroyd.
      You really have been deceived haven't you, both re the transfer and your description of the games I watched.

Do you not think it strange how he can't even get in the Fulham team under either of the managers they have had this season. For the record I have no problem with him going to Fulham (or anyone else for that matter) as the further away from my club the better.

Wish I had never brought the thread back up but so many were giving it about how good he would be at Fulham. The fact is no one wanted him before and he is pretty much finished now anyway so bit of a none story really.

Comment

• the boy has talent but is not a team player so in most mangers eyes not worth a place!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
          Imagine if he'd just come right out and saidd he wouldn't play Championship football for us, and then not been able to find another club to take him?

What kind of reception would he have got on the opening day? Doesn't bear thinking about....

Funny what gets forgiven, isn't it?

Although I personally was on Joey's side from the moment the mist descended.

Comment

Imagine if he'd just come right out and saidd he wouldn't play Championship football for us, and then not been able to find another club to take him?

Massive difference. Humungous difference. Joey got wronged by us not the other way around. He should of stuck to his guns imho. Thank god he never.

Comment

As if Adel would have or could have got stuck in like Joey did from the get go. Joey's earned our respect. Even from his detractors on here. And, as others have said we wronged him. Or Hughesless did.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                You really have been deceived haven't you, both re the transfer and your description of the games I watched.

Do you not think it strange how he can't even get in the Fulham team under either of the managers they have had this season. For the record I have no problem with him going to Fulham (or anyone else for that matter) as the further away from my club the better.

Wish I had never brought the thread back up but so many were giving it about how good he would be at Fulham. The fact is no one wanted him before and he is pretty much finished now anyway so bit of a none story really.
                Alright mate let's see, As for Fulham, he still has half a season to prove himself. And if he doesn't, good! We'll have him if we go up! He's not finished yet mate, he'll be back here next season to haunt the Anti-Adel brigade...which is only a small minority of us, thank god.
                Adel Taarabt belongs at Loftus Road.
                Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 08-12-2013, 09:31 PM.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Alright mate let's see, As for Fulham, he still has half a season to prove himself. And if he doesn't, good! We'll have him if we go up! He's not finished yet mate, he'll be back here next season to haunt the Anti-Adel brigade...which is only a small minority of us, thank god.
                  How familiar are those comments, seem to think the same was being said when he went to Fulham.

It's good to have idols, Santa, Superman etc but when you grow up you realise they are just a fantasy. Time to wake up Nik he ain't going to be that Super hero you dreamed about!

Comment

Wish I had never brought the thread back up
                    But you did, and are you honestly surprised at the responses you got?

Comment

How familiar are those comments, seem to think the same was being said when he went to Fulham.

It's good to have idols, Santa, Superman etc but when you grow up you realise they are just a fantasy. Time to wake up Nik he ain't going to be that Super hero you dreamed about!
                      Yeah ok mate
                      He'll be back next season, that's all I'm saying.
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Adel Taarabt belongs at Loftus Road.
                        Back to haunt!!!! Really???? What part of his performances the last two years and so far this season make you think if he gets a forth shout at the top flight it will be any different to the three seasons of abject performances which have preceded it.

What is this faith and assumption based upon other then one good season in the 2nd tier??

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Back to haunt!!!! Really???? What part of his performances the last two years and so far this season make you think if he gets a forth shout at the top flight it will be any different to the three seasons of abject performances which have preceded it.

What is this faith and assumption based upon other then one good season in the 2nd tier??
                          He was still one of our better players in the Prem games. He may not have been as good there as we had hoped, or as he thought he would, but he was still one of our most productive players.

Comment

This whole 'one good season' is a bit of a myth really. He wasn't that bad in our first season up and scored some cracking goals against some top sides too. Some short memories to suit certain arguments methinks.

Comment

Quite a lot of performances actually, as I said before he didn't score many but was our most influential player in most of our games. You obviously don't remember, or were purposely closing your eyes every time he was on the ball.

Comment

He was still one of our better players in the Prem games. He may not have been as good there as we had hoped, or as he thought he would, but he was still one of our most productive players.
                                Fair comment deep but that's open to debate as we all look for different things from different players dependent upon ability. I.e if we had Henry in prem I would expect him to run through brick walls and leave his body on the pitch as that's his game. Given Adels ability (I don't dispute that) he was a major flop for two seasons and the one player we had in our armoury who should have been a major part in us being competitive in my view actually turned out our biggest enemy.

He had 72 games to prove his worth and showed up in what?? If I said 10 I'm being generous

Comment

Working...
                                X