Gorkss at Left Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swede View Post
    He is better at FB than in midfield. Yes he´s mostly been playing in midfield, but he´s better at FB.

Oh i forgot the ! and ! and the !
    He's clearly not better at full back than in midfield, he has always played in midfield at whatever club he has been at, on the website he is listed as a midfielder and ever since he has played for us bar one or two games at full back (IIRC it was just the once against reading last season) he has played in midfield! I would suggest we sign a proper full back if they are not happy with the two we have at the moment only at QPR does seem a good idea to play midfielders at full back. I haven't seen much of Carrick at full back for Man Utd or Ballack for Chelsea...
    I personally think he is underrated in midfield though he is a player that will look superb in one game and useless in the next!

As for using ! that's just a habit, not that it has any bearing on whether or not a midfielder should play at full back...

Comment

Fez I agree it is not ideal but neither is not buying a decent full back.
      Borrowdale is not good enough and I think Legs would do a better job in that position.
      He played full back for Palace of many occassions so it won't feel alien to him.
      If we could bring a decent loan in then fine but we are talking with what we have now!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Legs was brilliant at right back away at Reading,I would love to see him start there.

Comment

Does Borrowdale offer anything going forward? Is the transfer window open? Do we have any other naturally left footed defensive players who could offer something in attack? Do the fans want to keep persisting with Borrowdale?

No, nope, no and no. So if we can't buy anyone to replace Gorkss and we have no other naturally left footed defensive players other than Gorkss why not give him a try. Hall when fit will start at centre back with Connolly so Gorkss won't get a game anyway so why don't we try playing Gorkss at left back? He is defensively better than Borrowdale, he offers as much going forward as Borrowdale and being left footed will naturally tackle with his correct foot.

I know people will say that we should sign a left back on loan but as we can only have 5 loan players in the match day squad most would prefer a striker in on loan rather than a left back.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            Does Borrowdale offer anything going forward? Is the transfer window open? Do we have any other naturally left footed defensive players who could offer something in attack? Do the fans want to keep persisting with Borrowdale?

No, nope, no and no. So if we can't buy anyone to replace Gorkss and we have no other naturally left footed defensive players other than Gorkss why not give him a try. Hall when fit will start at centre back with Connolly so Gorkss won't get a game anyway so why don't we try playing Gorkss at left back? He is defensively better than Borrowdale, he offers as much going forward as Borrowdale and being left footed will naturally tackle with his correct foot.

I know people will say that we should sign a left back on loan but as we can only have 5 loan players in the match day squad most would prefer a striker in on loan rather than a left back.
            TBH Gorkks is far to slow to play full back he is as you say better defensively in a central role but playing full back is a different kettle of fish you aren't playing agains the strikers you are dealing with wingers running with the ball at pace and trying to past you to either shoot or cross. Gorkks IMO would be embarresed because he has no pace at all can you imagine him trying to deal with Routledge or Taarabt?
            My opinion is loan someone or stick with Borrowdale!

Comment

Gorrks is a centre back. Brilliant in the air very good positionally complements Connelly and should be played in the middle. His pace would be exposed against a lively winger so not a left back in my eyes.

Comment

Oh sorry what Fez said.
                For me though Borrowdale should be dropped.
                Offers nothing going forward and I would play Legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                  TBH Gorkks is far to slow to play full back he is as you say better defensively in a central role but playing full back is a different kettle of fish you aren't playing agains the strikers you are dealing with wingers running with the ball at pace and trying to past you to either shoot or cross. Gorkks IMO would be embarresed because he has no pace at all can you imagine him trying to deal with Routledge or Taarabt?
                  My opinion is loan someone or stick with Borrowdale!
                  True it just a shame that because we are so strong at centre back that someone like Gorkss has to appear on the bench while someone who positionally is poor, who's passing is poor and offers very little going forward has to start ahead of him because he has pace and Gorkss doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                    True it just a shame that because we are so strong at centre back that someone like Gorkss has to appear on the bench while someone who positionally is poor, who's passing is poor and offers very little going forward has to start ahead of him because he has pace and Gorkss doesn't.
                    I agree we do have a lot of strength in depth and Connolly, Gorkks, Hall and Stewart would start in the majority of teams in this league! I haven't seen enough of Borrowdale to totally condemn him but what I have seen he looked nervous and didn't offer anything going forward. I just think we need to do it properly for once and buy a decent replacement not try and bodge it playing people out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                      He's clearly not better at full back than in midfield, he has always played in midfield at whatever club he has been at, on the website he is listed as a midfielder and ever since he has played for us bar one or two games at full back (IIRC it was just the once against reading last season) he has played in midfield! I would suggest we sign a proper full back if they are not happy with the two we have at the moment only at QPR does seem a good idea to play midfielders at full back. I haven't seen much of Carrick at full back for Man Utd or Ballack for Chelsea...
                      I personally think he is underrated in midfield though he is a player that will look superb in one game and useless in the next!

As for using ! that's just a habit, not that it has any bearing on whether or not a midfielder should play at full back...
                      Legs has the speed and strength to play FB, Ballack and Carrick doesn´t. Man U and Chelski also have good FB:s and doesn´t need to play "midfielders" in, for them, new positions. We have enough midfielders, but noone as good as Legs at FB. Use the best players in their best position.

Comment

FFS Gianni, just get in a Left back.

Hint: a man who plays football and is left footed and normally plays on the left side of a back 4.

Comment

Working...
                        X