From Squad Left Who Can We Rely Upon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Squad Left Who Can We Rely Upon

A lot of talk about Harry needing players out if we stand any chance next season. Obviously different schools of thought on how squad if we started the season tomorrow would get on some say automatic others relegation.

Taken a look at the squad as it stands and think the following are the players that we could rely upon:

1) Rob Green - I am in two minds but giving him the benefit of the doubt
    2) Traore - I think at left back or wing should he remain we will get a decent season out of him
    3) Derry - What you see is what you get. Might not get 46 90mins out of him but when hes on the pitch he will do his duty
    4) Samba - if he remains should show his true class
    5) Hill - Think he might be out of contract but as a plain out and out no nonsense centre back he will do a job
    6) Mackie - You know you get 100% effort and this division needs that
    7) Nedum - Im expecting good things from. I would go as far as to say make him no1 centre half and build the defence around him
    8) Jenas - If he stays fit will hopefully dictate the middle of the park. showed enough in poor side last season to suggest there is still a player in him
    9) Remy - Should the lad stay he will rip the division apart
    10) Hairmman - Saw enough of him last game to make me confident if called upon he wont let us down

So for me that's 10 players we have who I think will stand up and be counted in the championship and not let the club down. So we could argue were 8 or 9 players short of a squad.

I would like the players below to have an impact and they certainly have the ability given their backgrounds but im unsure they have the stomach nor am I convinced their heart will be in it:

Johnson, Park, SWP, Hoilett and Zamora

So potentially a side playing 442

Green

RB??? - Nedum - Samba - Traore

Mackie or Hoilett - Derry - Jenas - SWP

Remy - Johnson

How do you think that team would get on???

More or less sees the team go back to what we know, trust and are comfortable with with a more or less British core who will know exactly what to expect from the championship. Grit through the spin of the team with Nedum, Derry and Jenas with workhorses who will pressurise oppo defences when there on the ball in Mackie, SWP and Johnson.

I would be looking to strengthen Right & Left back, Centre Back, Wide player who can play both sides, centre mid x2 and in two minds about another centre forward so potentially 7 to come in

I am sure that starting XI wouldn't embarrass itself like the team did last year but 46 games probably 50 odd with the cups it will take a reliable squad of 20 odd players so theres about 10 missing from your list.
    Also I like Derry, Mackie, Nedum but I think they need to be in and around the team rather than guaranteed first team starters to have any chance of promotion.
    Not sure the Traore + Hoilett would do much in the Championship but if the rest of last seasons first XI were gone they wouldn't be the worst to keep.
    So, just a dozen players to find

Comment

What about taarabt??? Do you think he will go then!

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
        What about taarabt??? Do you think he will go then!
        I think a parting is in both parties interests. Done the business last time but if your asking me if we can rely on him to turn up week in week out when he never had the stomach for it in the top flight I would say I have my doubts

Comment

Traore.... is good going forward but it never amounted to anything as his crossing was poor and he is an awful defender
          Derry/Hill ...legs are gone (keep them for squad players)
          Samba .... Championship might be his level as long as he has someone good next to him because he is slow and clumsy and worth about 25% of what we paid for him.
          Jenas...Championship might be too high a level for him imo
          Green...dont rate him at all

Harriman/Mackie/Nedum should do ok and Remy is class.
          Last edited by vblockranger; 09-06-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

think Johnson will surprise a few, but will he stay fit?
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              think Johnson will surprise a few, but will he stay fit?
              Johnson and Zamora...how many games will we get out of them?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                Johnson and Zamora...how many games will we get out of them?
                7 and a half I reckon.

Combined.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

VBlock you don't think Jenas can do us a job??

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    Traore.... is good going forward but it never amounted to anything as his crossing was poor and he is an awful defender
                    Derry/Hill ...legs are gone (keep them for squad players)
                    Samba .... Championship might be his level as long as he has someone good next to him because he is slow and clumsy and worth about 25% of what we paid for him.
                    Jenas...Championship might be too high a level for him imo
                    Green...dont rate him at all

Harriman/Mackie/Nedum should do ok and Remy is class.
                    Traore ...disagree think he's been prob our best crosser in the last 2 seasons....defending yeah awful
                    Derry/Hill...not sure if their legs are gone...maybe don't know...think they'll be ok in the champs
                    Samba...prem is still his level, less than a year in Russia won't turn you into a bad player, just think he was unfit and lost confidence. You see how many prem teams line up for him if he's up for sale
                    Jenas...Easily good enough for the champs ..thought he was ok for us in the prem
                    Green...well don't know...better than Cesar, think he'll be ok in the champs

Btw remember Faurlin is coming back

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Btw remember Faurlin is coming back
                      Top shout with Faurlin I would defo add him to the players we can rely upon and would put him in the starting 11 above over Derry. Now I think of it I like the look of a middle two of Faurlin and Jenas!!!

Comment

I think Traore has already made it clear he wants to leave!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          VBlock you don't think Jenas can do us a job??
                          Thought he had 1 or 2 decent games then pretty invisible for us. Suppose that was the prmeirship though and although he had no impact when he was loaned to Forest (did he even get a game?) i might be a bit harsh by saying Championship is too high a level.

Dave..
                          Traore will cost us more goals than what he makes plus he has an attitude problem i have heard.
                          Samba looked nothing special at all in the games he played for us and if he couldnt get fit in the final 4 or 5 months of the season then he has problems. Struggling to think of any other Premiership team he would have got a game with last season apart from us. Slow and brainless. Poor mans Big Dan.
                          Green... more consistent than Cesar i agree
                          Jenas ..probably right and i am being to harsh.
                          Forgot about Faurlin too..think he can do a job and i think Hoilett maybe the biggest turnaround for us next season.

Comment

Traore is absolute pants. The fella has no backbone. Acton's other nine will do a job for us. Have my doubts about Mackie, even in the championship....

Comment

I think after two season SWP may find his feet. If he gets off to a flyer he could be a key player

Comment

Working...
                              X