Gallas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallas...

Mate of mine works for an accountancy firm who looks after Gallas. He reckons we have opened talks with him!!
    @WillTemple

great. been linked with dunne who has been out for over a year with injury ,

scott parker,

now gallas and crouch.

so much for young hungry players.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Any other past it players want to earn a big last pay day?

Comment

I've heard John Toshack up front, and Tommy Smiths coming back..........no not that one.............. the Tommy Smith............

Comment

i see tony has sorted us out with some cheerleaders next season

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            great. been linked with dunne who has been out for over a year with injury ,

scott parker,

now gallas and crouch.

so much for young hungry players.
            Be fair. How many of them have we actually signed though? I personally am all for older experienced players I they're free & short term deals. Only have to look at Nelsen to see what can happen
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              Be fair. How many of them have we actually signed though? I personally am all for older experienced players I they're free & short term deals. Only have to look at Nelsen to see what can happen
              yes but you only have to look at zamora,aj,hill,derry,park, to see that their legs are gone.

sure you will get the odd gem like a giggs or a nelson but dunne and gallas are not that.

Comment

I could see Harry getting a couple of experienced players, who are past their best, but have something to offer the championship.
                Gallas, would be good at that level, providing we don't give him a long term deal and pay him silly money

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
                  I could see Harry getting a couple of experienced players, who are past their best, but have something to offer the championship.
                  Gallas, would be good at that level, providing we don't give him a long term deal and pay him silly money
                  Tend to agree.

Signing players at the end of their career is only an issue if you:

a.) Pay a transfer fee
                  b.) Pay them too much money
                  c.) Put them on too long a contract

........or d.) Just do all of the above like we have done with Park Ji Sung, Bobby Zamora, Rob Hulse and countless others over the years!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Ah, it's the old close season scenario of, " I know someone who is a friend of a friend who reckons blahablah is happening"
                    Happens every year and never believe a word of it...all tripe until official!!!

Comment

Better than what we have so for low wage on short deal, I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                        Spot on I don't get everyones obsession with knocking every player over 30. If we can get Gallas on a contract WE want to offer and are not taken to the cleaners and its for one or two years where's the problem?? Gallas is one of Harrys boys he knows what he is going to get from him and he knows he can rely upon him and if he came Gallas would clearly rate Harry as a manager astute move in my book there is already a bond between the two as seen from Jenas and Townsend.

The problem is not signing older players its signing older players who come with the wrong intentions and are only here for one reason who then turn into bad eggs. Experienced players who are not coming to rock the boat and wants to play and contribute im all for it.

We could easily do what everyone is saying and go and get 7 players between the age of 18 and 25 but if there attitudes are wrong (Ravel Morrison is an example or a Leon Jeanne) does that make them better then a 30 year old because there younger no it don't???

Age is not the problem there intention and attitude is the key. If we were offered Giggs for a season would you simply say no because he is 39 I would not I would take your hand off for a Giggs in our squad next season with his professional attitude and drive.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Spot on I don't get everyones obsession with knocking every player over 30. If we can get Gallas on a contract WE want to offer and are not taken to the cleaners and its for one or two years where's the problem?? Gallas is one of Harrys boys he knows what he is going to get from him and he knows he can rely upon him and if he came Gallas would clearly rate Harry as a manager astute move in my book there is already a bond between the two as seen from Jenas and Townsend.

The problem is not signing older players its signing older players who come with the wrong intentions and are only here for one reason who then turn into bad eggs. Experienced players who are not coming to rock the boat and wants to play and contribute im all for it.

We could easily do what everyone is saying and go and get 7 players between the age of 18 and 25 but if there attitudes are wrong (Ravel Morrison is an example or a Leon Jeanne) does that make them better then a 30 year old because there younger no it don't???

Age is not the problem there intention and attitude is the key. If we were offered Giggs for a season would you simply say no because he is 39 I would not I would take your hand off for a Giggs in our squad next season with his professional attitude and drive.
                          I know you're a black man west but I think it comes down to what w12ranger has commented on, black players with attitude. Gallas has a history of being trouble and I think we should stay well clear of this type of player. Come across too hot headed and not a player i'd be wanting to sign.
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I know you're a black man west but I think it comes down to what w12ranger has commented on, black players with attitude. Gallas has a history of being trouble and I think we should stay well clear of this type of player. Come across too hot headed and not a player i'd be wanting to sign.
                            I personally don't think its anything to do with colour but accept others see it otherwise. Lets take the colour thing out of it and throw the names of Crouch and Dunne into the air two white players who are not known for causing trouble and who I also think would contribute to our team but there also thrown to one side because there the wrong side of 30. We need to look beyond the age factor and analyse exactly what a player brings to the table (that includes attitude) hence my reference to Giggs.

Plenty of white players with chips on their shoulders Rowan Vine, Cantona/Di Canio (big names) up the road we have Terry and Fat Frank who have seen off manager after manager who they don't approve of.

What I do agree with W12, yourself and others is that there is a balance to be met between foreign players (White/Black/Chinese etc) and the number of homegrown players. We got in badly wrong last season and the side that came up and the side that stayed up even when we spent (Nedum, Anton, Barton, Young etc) in the main had a British core we lost that last season as that was diluted with foreigners/superstars (Ceser, Bosingwa, Granero, Mbia) the balance was wrong he we saw the fallout.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
                              Better than what we have so for low wage on short deal, I'm in
                              The thing is it wont be a low wage if it were to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X