Talk of us Going Down Next Season is Bonkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    All this talk about us potentially going down is daft. Yes, I know you can pick out examples of clubs that have dropped down when they thought they were too good just after dropping from the PL, but it is a defeatist and unhealthy attitude to take into the new season.

There are a number of reasons that we should be fighting for one of the top 2 spaces:

1. Parachute payments are going up next season by a long way. This was announced late in the season, so maybe the clubs had not budgeted for it and it is a welcome injection of big money.
    2. Owner and backers will want to get straight back up - no question. They will do all they can to do that as they are only after a PL club and they have the money to invest and know they will get a return if we sustain a PL place, but only if we get back there quickly.
    3. We have some good players - just need shaping into a team
    4. The division is competitive, but this year the quality was dross. The bottom teams are almost as good as the top teams. The gap is wider than ever with the PL.
    5. We have shown that money can be found - I am sure that the owners have learned that money must be used wisely now - after wasting so much
    6. The people running the club are very motivated for QPR. They have made mistakes, but will have learned.

We should be one of the 3-4 favorites, no question. If we don't make the playoffs at the very least I will be amazed.
    I agree......possibly Harry trying to cover his own ####.....maybe been told that he won't have endless supplies of money to throw at the problem and realises he hasn't got the managerial skill to get performances out of what he's got?.....regardless....if we're not challenging to go up from day 1......it must be deemed a failure...

Comment

[QUOTE=Del;1076491]We went 19 games unbeaten before and had flash rich owners who had brought in players on decent wages, do you not think the lesser teams wanted to beat us then also, especially to end the run..?

Ref players, some will go, not most of them. No chance we could offload them all even if we wanted to.

As for Harry, i dont understand why so many people are making excuses for him. You ask how he motivates a bunch of players that aren't intetrested... that's his F$%king job, and one he was paid as much as these underperforming players to do. He didn't, simple fact. He therefore failed in his job as much as the players failed in theirs.

Dont take my comments personally either, i just say it as i see it. No intention to offend.[/QUOTE]

No sorry mate i realised i was being a T**t after i wrote that, i do respect your posts and you always back your point of view up with decent arguments.
      Enjoy our little altercations actually ....good to have another person's perspective ....and sometimes i get educated as Marshy used to say!!

Comment

Nice one Dave.

Comment

I thought talk of us going down this season was bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            I thought talk of us going down this season was bonkers.
            lol good point

Comment

Working...
            X